Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Den C

Slow Programme Guide

Question

LG50UK6950. The programme guide is slow to load, and has to re-load for each page. My previous LG tv (a 49UK.....) was the same.

Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are almost instantaneous.

Is this a hardware problem, eg lack of memory, or software - in which case is it ever going to be fixed?

5 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Den C said:

LG50UK6950. The programme guide is slow to load, and has to re-load for each page. My previous LG tv (a 49UK.....) was the same.

Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are almost instantaneous.

Is this a hardware problem, eg lack of memory, or software - in which case is it ever going to be fixed?

I have the UK6400plf and it's the same as yours. Freeview play uses the internet connection but mine is 56mbs so can't understand why it's so slow too! As you say, reloading with each page....what a drag!

On 11/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, Tinks said:

I have the UK6400plf and it's the same as yours. Freeview play uses the internet connection but mine is 56mbs so can't understand why it's so slow too! As you say, reloading with each page....what a drag!

I have a 350Mbps internet connection and suffer the same issue with my new 55UM7660PLA .  I never had an issue with lag with my old Samsung smarttv.   The lag is unbearable  so I will send back - shame as I love the TV but having such a slow TV program interface is a deal breaker.

Just bought an LG 55SM9010PLA as I was told by various people it was a great TV. The picture may be good but I find the programme guide absolutely useless taking a couple of seconds to load and when using page down or up I get a blank page for a couple of seconds. My old Samsung was instant so what's with this awful lag. It's nothing to do with the internet connection as it's just the same if I disconnect the internet, They've put plenty of useless things in like the annoying red pointer on the magic remote but can't get the basic stuff right - it's like going back in time, even before my ancient Samsung. Unfortunately I also bought a 24 inch for the bedroom at the same time and this is just as bad. I always said in the past I would stick with Samsung and I really wish I had.

I doubt it is ever going to be fixed. I asked a techie this and he reckons they are using JAVA as a programming language.  They'd have to re-code the entire thing to make it work properly.

With every system update (got one today) I am thinking "I hope this fixes the 'loading' message ".   Nope!

Even Kodi has a much better guide - it is very fluid and you can scroll 12 days in advance or back with NO LAG or loading.

Has anyone from LG actually bothered to get back to this issue? 

Just a response along the lines of "We are aware it is an issue but because of the way it is coded, we cannot change it" OR " We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix to be deployed xxx date".

It's the lack of response that is the worst of all. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By [email protected]
      In LG TV OLED55C9 we are not able to get Sonyliv app... we cant download or we cant use this app ... 

sony was not able to develop the app for lg webos from last 2018 year they have been telling very soon and later they told by 1st quarter of 2020 it will be ready but still not ready... 
    • By Kane
      I have boought a USB memory stick but unfortunately I still cannot use this storage to benefit the TV's running of apps. Any certified LG solutions? as USB memory stick doesn't even seem to record with the quality I would expect 😕
    • By Alcides Andrade
      I have lg tv model 49UJ6525, last weekend the tv updated to version 05.80.35, but now I realized that I can no longer use the 5 GHz WIFI network, the network is disconnecting and connecting all the time. I did a test with the 2.4 Ghz network and it works normal, but I would like to use the 5GHz network.
      Is it possible to solve this problem?
    • By Saik
      Hi , I just bought a lg smart tv , it’s a good tv but at the same time it does not support popular apps like Sony liv . Which I believe it becoming popular as amazon prime or Netflix . So why there is a hurdle in adding the app on the web os . Will the same be added . If yes then till when and if no .. any specific reason for the same . Would request a proper revert . 
    • By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Den C
      The guide is slow to load. This is not the case with other TVs like Panasonic and Samsung, where the guide comes up instantly.
    • By Martlea
      Noticed UK Freesat Satellite TV Guide does have a filter to view by Genre but the antenna Freeview  guide does not have this feature/function - why not?

• By AnonViewer
      Hi,

I purchased a new 43" LG 4K TV in India couple of months ago. Model Number is 43UJ652t. I use Dish TV DTH service for watching TV. I connected my Dish TV HD Set Top Box  to the TV through HDMI port (HDMI 1)

I have couple of questions - 

When I select the HDMI input to watch TV, the following information is displayed on the top-left corner of the TV (See pic 1 below). It says 720p there. What does it mean? I have  HD set top box with HD Channel subscription. Why is it saying 720p there even when I am watching HD channels? There is an Icon in the Web OS launcher called Live TV (see  pic 2 below). It doesn't work with DTH set-top boxes? Does it only work with Antenna and Free to Air channels? The TV guide icon (see pic 3) in the Web OS launcher doesn't doesn't play the TV Guide for my Set-Top Box. It asks me to fine tune the programming first  but Auto-tuning doesn't find any channels? Is the TV Guide functionality available only for the Antenna and  FTA channels? Can I add channels from my set-top box to the My Channels menu (see pic 4)? How do I add shows from Amazon Prime to the "My Content" menu for easy access. Currently, it only allows me to add YouTube content Can I add a specific channel from my Dish TV set top box as a long press shortcut in my LG Magic Remote? In the below LG videos, when the presenter selected  the STB while setting up Live TV, the TV automatically searches for the channels and populates the TV Guide? Is it not possible to do it for Indian DTH set top boxes?

These questions are driving me mad. Please help me in understanding the LG Web OS System better