Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Faisal Aljundi

Not Enough Storage issue

Question

17 answers to this question

Call LG support. It is not normal. They should send an engineer to check what is going on. Also, perform a factory reset and try again. I know it is cumbersome because you will have to redo all picture settings but it is worth a try.

It works! i did factor reset and everything works  :) - note: memory size = 4.2GB

Could you please share where you came across this info (4.2 GB memory size) ???

Can you attach an external HDMI Hard Drive to extend the storage capacity on a LG Smart TV? I have a 49UB8500? I have a 500GB HDD that I currently have connected to my HD DVR for extra storage.

I've just purchased the Skylanders battlegrounds pack for My new LG 42LB730 and according to the TV I have 973MB of space and the game needs 1062MB. I've tried to use a USB stick for extra storage but I can't get the TV to use it for that. How can I use this version of the game developed to work specially with the WebOS system when the TV itself can't take it? I've tried the factory reset and it's up to date on the firmware.

It's not 4.2 GB, it's wrong information, the size is 1GB, you can know this by lg customer support or by going to lg store in the tv and trying to install a app, it will show you the memory below the instalation status.

• Thanks 1

No,the memory issue is happening to everyone who has a Lg TV running the WebOS, it is caused by an unprofessional programming that leads to a memory leakage, as you can compare to their old OS Netcast, you could watch everithing on the web browser and it even had flash player, lg is going backwards because their new OS the WebOS, so called the fastest TV OS by LG is a shit for me, i bought lg TV because i wanted to watch movies in the web browser but it doesn't do what it's pourpose is, if you only want to watch youtube and use facebook, you can buy a BluRay player wich supports it, don't buy a LG smart TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I have the same problem - new LG TV cannot install Skylanders: Battlegrounds (bundled with the TV, OMG!) due to low space.

How can I solve it? Factory reset did not help.

OMG I have the exact same problem! I bought the 47LB731V lg tv and it came with the Skylanders battlegrounds. I tried to download it and there wasn't enough space. I put a usb memory stick and when the download finished it gave me an error message. I have tried three different usb sticks and hdds and it always shows the same error! Does anyone know how do I fix it?