Quantcast

‘Temporary issue occurred’ when trying to program universal control

• 5 months later...

Hey, any updates on this?

I just reset my tv to factory setting (to get the fireworks pause screen back, don’t judge haha) and now I get the same issue when trying to add universal control to my JBL sound bar.

The most annoying part is that I get to try turning my sound bar on/off using the Magic Remote, but when I press “yes” to confirm the setting, I get the issue prompt… even though there clearly is no issue controlling the sound bar before I try to saving the setting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Guided by the unwavering conviction that a good life means enjoying every precious moment to the fullest, LG aims to create innovations for a better life while working with brave optimism to ensure Life’s Good for everyone, no matter where they live.

In line with World Happiness Day – celebrated annually on March 20 – LG Germany and influencer Gina Rühl paid a special visit to DAS HAUS in Neuss, spending the afternoon with children suffering from physical and mental disabilities. True to the motto ‘Happiness doubles when you share it,’ this project not only aims to put a smile on the faces of countless children, but also demonstrate the immense impact of technical helpers on the daily lives of those that need a little help.

Gina is a living example of relentless optimism and the ability to turn setbacks into strengths. After a serious motorcycle accident that resulted in the loss of her left arm, she never lost her positive attitude and fought her way back to treat every day like a blessing: “Life goes on, just a little differently.” She quickly regained her mental strength and is now grateful for every experience, demonstrating that life can still be full of joy after a life-changing incident.

That is why Gina was the perfect role model to visit DAS HAUS, a facility that aims to enable children and adolescents to live a fulfilling life on their own terms despite their disabilities. This inclusive facility offers a wide range of music, art, sports and theater courses to help them develop skills and socialize at the same time. DAS HAUS encourages them to push a little further every day and manage their lives actively and responsibly – a message both LG and Gina live by.

The focus of the event was on the joy of cooking together. As they cooked as a team, LG StanbyME provided assistance by displaying cooking tutorials and entertainment. In fact, it proved to be so useful that LG donated two of them to DAS HAUS soon after. The contact was made through nestwärme e.V., an association that supports families with chronically or terminally ill children and children with disabilities. As a token of gratitude, LG also donated an LG StanbyME to a children’s hospice of nestwärme e.V.’s choice. But the generosity did not stop there, as LG and Gina raffled off five devices to social clubs and organizations through Instagram.

The efforts of Gina Rühl and LG on World Happiness Day highlight technology’s potential to go beyond its primary purpose – it connects people and inspires new possibilities. This project underlines the company’s commitment to effecting positive change not only on special occasions but every day, in line with its Life’s Good message.

In Argentina, the love of cooking, which transcends borders, was again leveraged to spread positive change. LG Argentina employees volunteered their time to the Fundación Sí, a non-profit organization dedicated to eradicating poverty by enhancing the quality of life and social inclusion of the less fortunate. Volunteers are recruited to offer housing and financial aid to underprivileged graduates to increase their access to education, and perform nightly trips to give the homeless food, medical attention and emotional support.

Last month, LG Argentina employees convened in the kitchen to bake bread for the homeless and give hope of a future where Life’s Good.

This baking event was just one of the many activities that took place in partnership with Fundación Sí. Another important action was the sponsorship of four high-achieving local university students which will support their development going forward and help them achieve their professional aspirations.
      LG offices around the world are committed to creating a Better Life for All, not only through its advanced products and solutions but also through its social initiatives. Stay tuned to LG Newsroom to discover more initiatives designed to realize a future where Life’s Good for people and the planet.
      Contributed by LG Germany and LG Argentina
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Phil7108
      We recently subscribed to Paramount Plus to catch up on episodes we lost when our COX CONTOUR DVR died. Frequently when streaming an episode,the playback will suddenly freeze. If we try to go back, using the "undo" key, we can sometimes get the playback to resume, but it has rewound abp=out 10 minutes. After resuming playback, it will frequently freeze again. My wife is so frustrated, she wants to cancel Paramount. Any suggestions appreciated!
    • By News Reporter
      LG is rooted in the philosophy of open innovation – an open approach to innovation and facilitating collaboration to create a better life for all. These collaborative partnerships involve LG affiliate companies and extend to government, universities and research labs, with the goal to establish an open ecosystem of innovation that will benefit and empower all involved.
      Recently, the LG Toronto AI Lab welcomed 30 graduate students from various universities in South Korea to the
      link hidden, please login to view (CARTE) at the University of Toronto. The event – initiated and organized by the Toronto AI Lab in collaboration with CARTE – brought these talented students together to explore applied research partnerships in Canada and introduce them to career opportunities at LG. Sponsored by the South Korean government and managed through the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, the 6-month CARTE program accommodates students from a wide range of disciplines, including technology, engineering, and the natural and mathematical sciences and aims to inspire students to leverage AI innovatively in their respective fields.
      The selection for this program was competitive, drawing participants from among South Korea’s brightest. These selected students will engage in 10 industry projects, including three spearheaded by the LG Toronto AI Lab.

Kevin Ferreira, Senior Director and Head of the LG Toronto AI Lab, shared, “Our collaboration with the University of Toronto and the South Korean government on the CARTE program aims to enhance our research capabilities and strengthen our talent pool. This event enabled us to present the extensive work undertaken at the LG Toronto AI Lab to an exceptional group of Korean students, laying the groundwork for deeper research collaboration.”
      Showcasing some of the Toronto AI Lab’s recent work, Manasa Bharadwaj, Senior AI Research Scientist, presented on behalf of the LG Toronto AI Lab’s Conversational AI team and their research into Responsible Conversational AI. The talk covered the motivation, technical details and results of the team’s 2023 published research titled ‘COUNT’ and ‘GPT-Detox’. The two paraphrasing approaches leverage unlikelihood training and prompt-based approaches respectively to convert unsafe text into safe text.

Mathieu Tuli, AI Research Scientist, presented on the work that the LG Toronto AI Lab Digital Human team conducts, highlighting FlowFace, the team’s recent CVPR) 2024 accepted paper. The talk provided detail on why FlowFace is an important innovation for the community at large, and how it affects the rest of the Digital Human pipeline.
      Thi Ha Kyaw, Staff AI Research Scientist, presented an introduction to quantum computing and quantum algorithms in general, and why quantum is worth pursuing in the current quantum utility era. He also presented his team’s recent result on super-exponential catastrophe of quantum algorithms in noisy quantum hardware.
      During their time in the program, students will participate in graduate-level intensive courses in Machine Learning and AI, delivered by the University of Toronto’s Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering. They will also benefit from tailored AI support services provided by CARTE, including research and training in AI for academic and industry partners.

Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to attend several applied AI seminars at the University of Toronto and engage with AI and machine learning projects across various sectors, including industry, government, and non-profits. A dedicated workspace will also be available to them, fostering collaboration and allowing them to apply their knowledge and skills within Toronto’s thriving AI ecosystem.
      The program will conclude in late June, where selected students will present their projects to industry partners, showcasing their achievements and the potential for future innovations in AI.
      Contributed by LG Canada
      # # #

• By Smartboy
      Hi all, I am trying to find a solution to the native but complex "magic" remote control from LG. For elder or young people, this magic remote control with the OLED C3 TV is too complex or too busy (using a lot of unused keys. The new model for remote control is now either the Apple TV RC, the Android TV RC or the Google TV remote control. All these RC are small, easy to use with only 10 to 15 keys instead of the 40 to 50 keys. I saw that. in the past LG introduced smaller remote control (see below the first image LG AN-MR500) but I am not sure it is supported with the LG OLED C3. I also saw that the latest projector CineBeam Q comes with a small new RC (see bellow). This new white RC has only the necessary keys (max 10) and seems to be fine ! Also, the new C4 is coming seoon and I suppose it will include a new Remote Control but we don't know yet what it is ... Do you have an idea to solve my issue ? 

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?