Quantcast

C9 Update - 05.10.04 - Can no longer connect to Dolby

Since this update the Apple TV 4K can no longer connect to Dolby via HDMI.  Immediately prior to this update - it worked.

Now, if you attempot to connect and set it to Dolby - the screen flashes the Apple TV screen on and off - it can't stabilze.

This happened immdeiately after the update.  

Can I revert back to the prior software?  Or, can you send me a version that does not have this issue.

I am experiencing the same thing. I was watching a show in Dolby Vision and stepped away for a bit. The tv restarted and the new software installed. Immediately after, I got the same unstable picture. I had to switch Apple TV to 4K HDR to finish watching the same show I had been watching in Dolby Vision a few minutes earlier. Very frustrating!

AppleTV 4K through a Sony STR DN 1080

Hi, I have the exact same problem, also going through a Denon AVR.

The update broke something, always worked fine until then. I hope the issue gets to LG so they can fix it quickly but until now support blames my internet connexion (fiber lol) and refuses to acknowledge the problem...

On the Denon, if you enable "Pass Through" of the ATV while in standby mode - you can select Dolby on the ATV and the C9 accepts.

Guessing LG made a change that affects HDMI communication with the Denon since it was working fine immediately prior to the update.

I have a ticket open with LG - they said their sofware enginners would get back in a couple of days.  If I get a resposne i'll post it here.

• Thanks 1

Having the exact same issue since i did the update today. Enabling Dolby Vision causes massiv screen flickering. Absolut desaster.

tried different cables, inputs…

LG messed it up. Unfortunalty not the first time (since half a year 4k 120hz aint working with nvidia 3000 generation. They know it. they are „working on it“.) 

i hope there will be a fix soon.

setup:

LG C9. 
Denon Receiver.

AppleTV 4K (2021 Version)

I received the 5.10.04 update to my C9 today.  I am in the US.  The update immediately broke Dolby Vision where it flickers and the screen cuts out like it constantly connects and disconnects from the Dolby stream.  It is worse with 60fps content vs 24fps.  I have a 2019 nVidia Shield Pro and Panasonic UB820 running through a Sony STR DN1080 with 48gbps certified HDMI across the board.  I have had no issues with Dolby Vision until this update.  Please fix or at least let us roll back to the previous firmware.

16 hours ago, RobNBill said:

On the Denon, if you enable "Pass Through" of the ATV while in standby mode - you can select Dolby on the ATV and the C9 accepts.

Guessing LG made a change that affects HDMI communication with the Denon since it was working fine immediately prior to the update.

I have a ticket open with LG - they said their sofware enginners would get back in a couple of days.  If I get a resposne i'll post it here.

Enabling pass through of the ATV, I still got a black screen after 3 minutes of watching a video. Seems random, could be every 30 secondes or every few minutes.

LG Support is a desaster…

I reported them about the issue. They answered my with a „no reply“ E-Mail Adress and said they need proof. But i could not reply, because the e-mail doesnt allow it *facepalm*

So i contacted them again and put a link to this discussion it.

I refuse to believe that nobody at LG has an Apple TV or nvidia Shield to test this issue….

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Offering LG Smart TV Owners Worldwide Opportunity to Watch
      Acclaimed Apple TV+ Series and Films for Free for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2022 — LG Smart TV owners in over eighty countries will gain access to three months of Apple TV+ for free, supplying them with popular, award-winning content to enjoy over the holidays.1 Starting this week, the promotion is available to new Apple TV+ subscribers and applies to all compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TV models from 2018 to 2022 running webOS 4.0 to webOS 2022. To redeem this offer, users must access the Apple TV+ app via a compatible LG Smart TV and follow the redemption instructions.2
      With Apple TV+, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy premium Apple Original drama and comedy series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment, including this year’s Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA,” record-breaking Emmy Award winner “Ted Lasso,” holiday musical comedy “Spirited” and hit series such as “Bad Sisters,” “Slow Horses” and many more, as well as live sports, beginning with “Friday Night Baseball” and Major League Soccer matches coming in February 2023. After its launch in 2019, Apple TV+ became the first all-original streaming service to launch around the world and has premiered more original hits and received more award recognitions faster than any other streaming service in its debut. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries and series have been honored with 280 wins and over 1,200 awards nominations.
      LG Smart TVs leverage cutting-edge picture and sound technologies for stunning home entertainment experiences. The company’s industry-leading TVs employ Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos enhancing the immersive home entertainment experience, especially when streaming the Dolby mastered Apple TV+ titles.
      To add even more convenience to the viewing experience provided by LG Smart TVs supporting webOS 4.0 or higher, viewers can use LG Magic Remote to point, click and scroll the app’s interface and utilize its built-in microphone to search, discover and start watching the high-quality content featured on Apple TV+ via simple voice commands.3 What’s more, webOS 22 supports personal profiles to deliver to each individual their own personalized viewing experience.
      # # #
      1 Start date may vary by region. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Promotion applies to countries where Apple TV+ is available. Please check local details at 
      link hidden, please login to view.
      2 Offer available with LG 4K and 8K TVs from 2018 to 2022. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region, age 13+. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires iTunes/Apple Media Services account. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at . Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
      3 Voice command available in twenty-two languages.
    • By solidblue
      My TV has stopped recognising the live TV signal from the aerial since the OS updated recently. The aerial works fine when plugged into other devices but when plugged into the TV it doesn’t recognise the signal for days on end. When this happens, it will no longer allow me to do a signal test via the settings (the option is greyed out). I’m guessing it’s either a) a problem with the input (hardware) or; b) a problem with the OS (software).
    • By Ajay Lele
      I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 
    • By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?