Quantcast

HDMI ARC volume adjustment problem

After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value.  Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume.  A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.

After the update the TV is runningwebOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41.  I do not have the version information prior to the update.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@-ethan- Have you let your local country LG SUPPORT site know that this is now an issue/bug? This is only an LG peer to peer information site, and is NOT owned or run by LG.  Subject matter Experts and enthusiasts MAY have answers or workarounds, but Firmware bugs are the responsibility of the manufacturer to fix and put right. The more users contact them and report issues, the quicker it will get fixed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By News Reporter
      As sports leagues around the world return to playing in front of spectators, global companies and brands are eager to be a part of the action. Well targeted sports marketing is a win for both sides; sports teams can give its fans a sense of belonging in their everyday life with products featuring the team’s logo, and brands can promote the product’s benefits to the fans.To give avid football fans even more to get excited about, LG is introducing a special edition of its true wireless stereo LG TONE Free FN6 in partnership with Germany’s beloved Eintracht Frankfurt football club of the Bundesliga. With the team’s logo prominently displayed on the box and charging cradle, there’s no doubt to the owner’s allegiance. The Eintracht Frankfurt TONE Free will only be available for sale at the club’s to accentuate its exclusivity.

LG TONE Free is ideal for those who lead active lifestyles without worry about wires and tangles. The earbuds deliver a premium listening experience with tuning and technology by longtime LG partner, Meridian Audio. The realistic soundstage completely immerses listeners so they forget they’re even wearing earbuds at all. And just a simple tap lets in outside sounds for a quick conversation, when crossing the street or to hear a public transportation announcement without having to remove an earbud.

And when it comes to hygiene, no other TWS earbuds on the market today can match the LG TONE Free FN6. Its innovative UVnano charging case that harnesses the power of ultraviolet-C light to refresh the earbuds’ speaker mesh effectively kills pathogens such as bacteria during the powered charging cycle.1 In just minutes the speaker mesh is germ-free and fully powered for hours of listening pleasure. The eartips are made from soft, medical-grade ear gel that is both non-toxic and hypoallergenic for all-day comfort.2 And because these buds are rated IPX4, there’s no need to worry when working out or running through the rain.Earlier this year LG teamed up with The Football Association to offer limited edition TONE Free (model FA4) for English fans to show their support during the postponed Euro 2020. Through its support of football and its loyal fans, LG is making a name for itself when it comes to premium sound quality with hygienic benefits, features that no other pair of earbuds can claim.
      # # #
      1 Independent testing shows that the UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of bacteria on the earbud speaker mesh in ten minutes while charging. UV LED operates only when the case is charging.
      2 Base material in silicone ear gel meets ISO 10993 and USP Class VI requirements.
      Disclaimer: Not a medical device, nor for use as or to replace a medical device. Device or any of its parts not intended or implied to prevent or treat any health conditions.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Marko00
      I've bought OLED55CX3LA and have screenshare errors ever since. 
      I'm using Dell machine with Windows 10 onboard.
      Almost every time I try to connect using "connect with remote screen" windows option, I get the pop up that
      only with cancel button.

Sometimes there is approval button but mostly I have only "cancel" option. 
      Have this error on OLED55CX3LA and one older model. Same behavior. 

Mobile screen sharing working perfectly fine.

How to fix it?
      I've cleared the connection history but without any success.
      Not sure if I should put it on warranty or if there is some simple fix?

• By RobNBill
      Since this update the Apple TV 4K can no longer connect to Dolby via HDMI.  Immediately prior to this update - it worked.
      Now, if you attempot to connect and set it to Dolby - the screen flashes the Apple TV screen on and off - it can't stabilze.
      This happened immdeiately after the update.  
      Can I revert back to the prior software?  Or, can you send me a version that does not have this issue.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By PastaMark
      Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought an LG OLED65BX6LB and have connected a Sonos beam using the HMDI arc port.  When I try to play the sound through an alternative output eg Bluetooth or the internal speakers it does so for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to HDMI-ARC
      How do we stop the HDMI ARC grabbing control?
    • By dolbnya
      Hello!
      I like my OLED55C6V-Z very much, because it is the main part of my home theater, but it would be really great if my TV could translate sound stream from DLNA to HDMI-ARC "as is" without any changes or processing, just in Pass-Through mode. Because most DLNA-mediaservers can translate video and audio streams of videofiles without any processing. Because now when I watch a video with DTS-MasterAudio or DolbyTrueHD from DLNA-mediaserver on my TV connected with AV-receiver through HDMI-ARC, AV-receiver get only DTS or DolbyDigital and it is very pity since  AV-receiver is able to handle DTS-MasterAudio or DolbyTrueHD absolutely properly.
      Thank you in advance!
    • By [email protected]
      I have a new LG 4k UHD TV. 60" if that matters.  I also have a new Yamaha RX-V481 a/v receiver.  
      Try as I might, I can't get the sound from the WebOS apps, like Netflix, Vudu and Amazon prime to play through the receiver. 
      Here's the setup:  HDMI from Xfinity set top box to receiver HDMI in. HDMI out from receiver to TV HDMI input. So far so good. 
      To move sound from the WebOS apps to the receiver, I have the HDMI-ARC output from the TV to another HDMI input (HDMI 3) on the receiver. That input is not labeled HDMI-ARC, and there isn't any HDMI so labeled on the receiver.I have the TV sound settings set to HDMI-ARC, and SIMPLink is turned ON.  But when I turn the selector on the receiver to HDMI 3 I get no audio.     
      Not sure if this is an LG TV or a Yamaha receiver setting issue.  Though I am nearly certain that it is a user error issue.