Quantcast

Sonos beam on hdmi arc grabbing control of sound

PastaMark

Question

Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought an LG OLED65BX6LB and have connected a Sonos beam using the HMDI arc port.  When I try to play the sound through an alternative output eg Bluetooth or the internal speakers it does so for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to HDMI-ARC

How do we stop the HDMI ARC grabbing control?

5 answers to this question

@PastaMark You might need to turn off the HDMI-CEC control for the eARC port connected device, either on the Sonos settings, or in the TV HDMI settings, whichever works best for you.

Ensure you have the latest firmware in your TV, as a lot of devices had firmware updates over the last 12 months or so, due to changes in eARC specifications. It is 03.21.10 for your model I believe.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, td47 said:

@PastaMark You might need to turn off the HDMI-CEC control for the eARC port connected device, either on the Sonos settings, or in the TV HDMI settings, whichever works best for you.

Ensure you have the latest firmware in your TV, as a lot of devices had firmware updates over the last 12 months or so, due to changes in eARC specifications. It is 03.21.10 for your model I believe.

@td47 I do have the latest firmware. I cannot see any way to turn off CEC control indeed I can’t see any obvious Reference on either device

2 hours ago, td47 said:

@PastaMark I beleive it is called Simplink on many LG TV's. It shows some settings pictures here:

link hidden, please login to view

@td47 I managed to track the simplink down, and turned it off, but then when I select hdmi-arc (the Sonos) for sound output it automatically turns simplink back on and then  the sound keeps reverting back to hdmi a few seconds after selecting a different sound out channel.