Quantcast

Sonos beam on hdmi arc grabbing control of sound

Question

Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought an LG OLED65BX6LB and have connected a Sonos beam using the HMDI arc port.  When I try to play the sound through an alternative output eg Bluetooth or the internal speakers it does so for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to HDMI-ARC

How do we stop the HDMI ARC grabbing control?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

@PastaMark You might need to turn off the HDMI-CEC control for the eARC port connected device, either on the Sonos settings, or in the TV HDMI settings, whichever works best for you.

Ensure you have the latest firmware in your TV, as a lot of devices had firmware updates over the last 12 months or so, due to changes in eARC specifications. It is 03.21.10 for your model I believe.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, td47 said:

@PastaMark You might need to turn off the HDMI-CEC control for the eARC port connected device, either on the Sonos settings, or in the TV HDMI settings, whichever works best for you.

Ensure you have the latest firmware in your TV, as a lot of devices had firmware updates over the last 12 months or so, due to changes in eARC specifications. It is 03.21.10 for your model I believe.

@td47 I do have the latest firmware. I cannot see any way to turn off CEC control indeed I can’t see any obvious Reference on either device

2 hours ago, td47 said:

@PastaMark I beleive it is called Simplink on many LG TV's. It shows some settings pictures here:

link hidden, please login to view

@td47 I managed to track the simplink down, and turned it off, but then when I select hdmi-arc (the Sonos) for sound output it automatically turns simplink back on and then  the sound keeps reverting back to hdmi a few seconds after selecting a different sound out channel.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Punisa
      I do not have sound on application for Balkanium TV. All other apps are ok.
      What should I do?
    • By Gerry H.
      Connecting my headset to my TV is such a hassle, way too many steps. Every time I have to:
      open settings scroll to audio scroll to bluetooth pick select a device, which opens another window navigate to my headset (multiple uses of arrow keys) select my headset hit back button multiple times to get out of window This very bad UX.
      How it should work: At step 3 once Bluetooth is selected the TV should connect to the last connected Bluetooth device. Done.
    • By Stephen Davies
      Hello,
      I've just bought the 2020 LGNANO866 and also an Amazon Echo, which amongst other uses, I wanted to sync with the LG TV in order to have an additional speaker at the rear of the room. So far, my attempts (in the LG 'Sounds' out settings) have enabled the Echo to connect via Blutooth : this gives the TV sound ONLY through the Echo speaker and NO sound through the TV.  The LG rep. I contacted suggested adding the Echo via the 'Surround Sound' setting, which I tried with the result : sound from TV speaker great as normal, but weak, muffled &  'echoey/delayed' sound from the Echo speaker. Attempting to tweak volume and other settings in  Surround Sound made no difference. Awful!
      Am I doing something wrong and if so, can someone please show me the right way to achieve something that I (mistakenly thought!) would be relatively easy to achieve?
      Thanks,
      Stephen.

• By Symbiodin
      I have an LG OLED55C6P TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time?
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By -ethan-
      After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value.  Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume.  A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.
      After the update the TV is running:  webOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41.  I do not have the version information prior to the update.

• By Plimpton
      Hey y'all,

I've been having a hell of a time getting sound to come out of my edifier R1280T bookshelf speakers. For reference, they are connected via component cable (RCA to RCA I believe?) and I had no problem changing sound output on my last TV to come out of them. So I looked up a few videos and they suggest going to "Device Connector" and setting up the appropriate device (soundbar, home theatre, external speakers, etc.)/ The problem is, when I go under "external speakers/headphones" the only option I'm given is bluetooth! I see a component (or AV) option when I choose "Home Theatre" but when I continue to the next step for audio, my only options are HDMI or Optical . 

Is there a way I can connect these speakers with this TV or am I out of luck?
      Attached a picture of the screen that is giving me such trouble.  

• By dolbnya
      Hello!
      I like my OLED55C6V-Z very much, because it is the main part of my home theater, but it would be really great if my TV could translate sound stream from DLNA to HDMI-ARC "as is" without any changes or processing, just in Pass-Through mode. Because most DLNA-mediaservers can translate video and audio streams of videofiles without any processing. Because now when I watch a video with DTS-MasterAudio or DolbyTrueHD from DLNA-mediaserver on my TV connected with AV-receiver through HDMI-ARC, AV-receiver get only DTS or DolbyDigital and it is very pity since  AV-receiver is able to handle DTS-MasterAudio or DolbyTrueHD absolutely properly.
      Thank you in advance!