Quantcast

Folders with album/cover art.

derrrface

I mainly use the file browser to access an external HD which houses a ton of videos (movies/tv shows/etc.) While the built in file manager generates/loads a thumbnail of each video I would like to use my own thumbnail art. Please allow the user to associate a .jpg/.png to each video as well as folder.  Under /Movies is hundreds of video files with generated thumbnails that make finding videos difficult. 

eg:
/Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.avi
/Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.jpg (user generated album art)

/TV shows/Altered Carbon/cover.jpg or anything.jpg
/TV shows/Six Feet Under/cover.jpg or anything.jpg

I have lots of folders (especially TV shows) with different seasons in them, being able to associate a thumbnail with each folder would make life that much easier.

My prior PVP (Micca) was over 10 years old technology that was able to do all of this. I also had a Boxee Box (again >10 year tech) that went a step further and would fetch album art from whatever database (think it was IMDB) load synopsis/cast/reviews etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mainly use the file browser to access an external HD which houses a ton of videos (movies/tv shows/etc.) While the built in file manager generates/loads a thumbnail of each video I would like to use my own thumbnail art. Please allow the user to associate a .jpg/.png to each video as well as folder.  Under /Movies is hundreds of video files with generated thumbnails that make finding videos difficult. 
eg:
/Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.avi
/Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.jpg (user generated album art)
/TV shows/Altered Carbon/cover.jpg or anything.jpg
/TV shows/Six Feet Under/cover.jpg or anything.jpg

I have lots of folders (especially TV shows) with different seasons in them, being able to associate a thumbnail with each folder would make life that much easier.

My prior PVP (Micca) was over 10 years old technology that was able to do all of this. I also had a Boxee Box (again >10 year tech) that went a step further and would fetch album art from whatever database (think it was IMDB) load synopsis/cast/reviews etc. 

I second this request too.
It's about time LG upgrades it's media server/player software.

All standard applications from LG are very simple. There are a few apps in de LG store that do a better job.

What I use is Plex. You use a computer as a Plex media server. It will show the thumbnails, actors backgrounds and much more. More info on internet

There are more media servers (like Serviio) ore apps on in de LG store but this is for me the best.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave Plex a shot a while back, tried it again and I just don't like how buggy/unresponsive and resource heavy it is, also I have to disable my VPN to use it which is a deal breaker. Even the LG official/approved app (SmartShare) is buggy as hell, usable once you figure out you (I) in order to refresh a directory have to remove it, close window, open window, add directory, refresh, close window, refresh main window. Sometimes that doesn't even do the trick, close, hangs.... force close, restart. So for now I just have a smaller sized USB powered drive I can easily swap from computer to TV.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:09 PM, derrrface said:

I gave Plex a shot a while back, tried it again and I just don't like how buggy/unresponsive and resource heavy it is, also I have to disable my VPN to use it which is a deal breaker. 

I don't have problems with Plex for being unresponsive. What I did was disable video stream transcoding because the Plex app on my LG tv can play all the formats I send it.

Why you have to disable VPN, I don't know. Not using VPN on the machine my Plex server is on. On an other machine with VPN I can tweak which addresses are send over VPN and which not but don't know if that helps you.

But, if you don't like Plex, maybe you can try something like . I don't have experience with that but maybe it is something for you. Something I tried before was 

link hidden, please login to view
. This works but was not as slick as Plex.

Good luck and stay save

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By infiniter
      Hello! I‘m a guy from Germany who bought his first time ever LG TV, the OLED55G19LA. Coming from a Samsung UE49KS7090 I actually expected the LG to be as good as the Samsung in regards of user interface and handling, but it‘s way worse. Well, gotta live with that. But since using it for about two weeks now, I noticed a few things. Since in my job I‘m a software tester (not for TVs, but software for users is software for users), I think I kinda have an eye for things and how they are supposed to be or not. 
      Since there is only a wishlist forum and no „report your bugs here“ forum, I‘ll post my bugs directly here in hope some developer will record them on the bug tracking list.
      1. Bug: Timers. When gaming on my PS5, the TV suddenly came up with ‚will switching off in 5 minutes‘. So I deactivated that timer which was on by default (why??), just to see the same message appearing again after another 4 hours (yes, on weekends gaming sessions can be long). I think this is a typical software developer flaw. The running timer isn‘t canceled when switching that option off.
      2. Bug: Youtube app. When playing videos from a playlist with auto-play activated and commercials come in the middle of a video, after using the „Skip ad“ button it would randomly jump to another video, which isn‘t on the playlist. This only happens when I connect from within thr Youtube app on my iPad to my TV, select videos on the iPad which would put them onto the playlist of the TV. The TV would start playing, a commercial come and zing!, you‘re out of your currently watched video.
      3. Unwanted behavior: when starting the TV, it would also wake my NAS. This isn‘t necessary. It should only wake it when I open the media player app.
      4. Missing option „Start where you left off last time“: when shutting down the TV while Youtube or Netflix are running, I‘d expect it to come up again the same way. But this only happens randomly or not at all.
      5. Bug: HDMI CEC. My A/V receiver is on the HDMI(ARC) port. The LG deteced it as Denon Sound Bar (how??). Switching it on together with the TV only sometimes works. Switching it off doesn‘t work at all. What works nicely is loudness control.
      6. Bug: Audio interrupts. When playing a video in the media player, streaming Netflix or gaming on PS5, which is directly  connected to the TV, the audio stream via ARC would randomly be interrupted for about one second while the video continues neatlessly. I never had such with the Samsung TV. Totally new and extremely annoying bug.
      7. Controversial topic: DTS audio. I learned that LG doesn‘t decode DTS in files played from the media player. But passing it through is not decoding and I don‘t think that LG would need a DTS licence to just pass it through. Of course the question would be „Why not even passing it through?“. The Samsung I used before could do that. Well, this one’s five years old and I know that current models also don‘t support DTS anymore, but perhaps they pass it through.
    • By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

• By News Reporter
      Love it or hate it, video conferencing has become essential to the way we work today. But despite the advanced technology available to the office worker in the 21st century, the experience still leaves much to be desired. For every “salary person” fed up with spotty connections, terrible audio and out-of-focus webcams, there’s an easier, more productive way to conduct video calls and meetings.

Introducing LG One:Quick Works, a powerful all-in-one video conferencing solution with an intuitive user-friendly design for everyone who hates video conferencing. The ideal productivity tool for remote work era, LG’s category-creating innovation brings greater efficiency and sleek, modern styling to businesses of all types and sizes. With One:Quick Works and the complementary wireless screen sharing device One:Quick Share, workplace productivity and efficiency may never be the same again.

Fast and Simple Setup with Ultimate All-in-one Solution
      Connectivity issues are the enemy of smooth conference calls. The complex and often time-consuming task of connecting cameras, speakers, laptops and projectors can easily derail your meeting schedule or make an important presentation fall flat. One:Quick Works avoids all such issues by integrating everything needed into a single, stylish package: touch-sensitive display, Windows-based interface, crisp 4K UHD camera, high-quality microphone, built-in speakers, digital whiteboard function and video conferencing apps. Just tap the icon of the function you want and you’re ready to host your next virtual meeting in style.

Feel Like You’re in the Same Room with Smart Auto Focus Function
      The meeting experience is on a whole new level with One:Quick Works due in no small part to the impressive performance of its camera and microphone. The high-gain mic can clearly capture the voice of a presenter seated or standing up to six meters away and employs noise cancellation to minimize most unwanted background sounds. With Smart Auto Focus, the 3,840 x 2,160 resolution camera quickly tracks and automatically focuses on the speaker. Virtual meetings take on a whole new level of satisfaction when everyone knows who’s talking and what’s being said.

Compatible with Popular Video Conferencing Apps for More Flexibility
      One:Quick Works supports a variety of video conferencing and collaboration apps to give users more ways to make the most of their meetings. Meeting participants can use LG’s preinstalled One:Quick Remote Meeting application or install Webex, Zoom and Teams using the shortcuts conveniently located on the onscreen launcher. For apps not on the launcher screen, meeting hosts can simply go into the Conference App Store to find and install the video conferencing application of their choice.

Wireless Screen Sharing at the Push of a Button
      The complementary One:Quick Share allows presenters to easily connect their laptops and notebooks to compatible LG digital signage devices wirelessly. With its internal Wi-Fi antenna, the diminutive dongle offers effortless screen sharing and the makes the workspace free of cable clutter. With its Split View feature, One:Quick Share can connect to and display content from up to four devices simultaneously, making it the best choice for teamworking while remote conferencing.

To experience video conferencing the way it was meant to be, check out the LG Information Display channel and today. And because LG doesn’t think remote conferencing needs to be dull, these lighthearted, informative videos will not only endear you to the One:Quick series, they’ll hopefully leave you wanting LG’s remote meeting solution for your own workplace.
      (Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.)
      # # #
      [One:Quick Works]
      [One:Quick Share]

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Oussama ZAQOURI
      Hi, 
      I want to develop an application for lg webos, but i found a problem when i want to read a video,  and i want use a default webos player.
      Are you have an idea about default lg webos player ? and how i use it ?
      Thanks.