Quantcast

[Feature Request and Ideas] Add Folders to SmartShare!...

intelgen

Hi LG, your Web OS is really well built, but there are a few essential features lacking.

Such as:

- Folder filtering in the SmartShare App (We all need this ASAP, the navigation is a nightmare!).

- Audio stream selection within video files in the SmartShare App.

- A PLEX App the collaborates nicely with the PLEX Client.

- Faster start up times. From when you power on the TV to being able to quickly access the home menu and change the Volume, channel, etc.

If you have to just offer an option to put the TV into a low power state/sleep (for as long as the user wishes) so you can resume quick menu navigation almost straight away.

(and unlike Sony don't make it so after a few hours of the TV being asleep it fully powers down. (THIS IS NOT USEFULL, and is the reason I took my Sony TV back to JB HI-FI

And bought yours).

You could call this feature "PowerAct", or "instant on" it would make 'Life Good' and easier :)

- Auto backlight brightness? I have the Australian LB 6500 and I can't seem to find a Auto-Backlight/dimming feature anywhere, and seeing as I use it in my room, when the lights are off 

I want it to dim so I don't go blind. I don't know if you've implemented a Ambient light sensor or not, but for $1,800 I would think you should have.

- If you would Like anymore Feedback/Suggestions, Feature requests or ideas from me then just PM me or write on this thread :)

Thank you LG, and thank you for being one of the very few 'Innovative' companies around today.

• Like 3

The folder structure in Smart Share works. 

Do the following:

1. Click ALL on the left side of the screen.

2. On right hand side, in the upper part, now you see three icons."View Type", "Device Selection" and  "Device connector". 

3. Click on the first one from the left. This is the "View Type" icon. You will see List view and Folder view as options. 

4. Chose "Folder view"

5. Now you have the folder view. All the sources are shown in the main window. If you click on a source you will see the folder structure. On the right hand side you have only two icons now.  

Here is a picture showing the step 5. 

link hidden, please login to view
 With 1 is shown the first step where you have to click "All". . 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do the following:

2. On right hand side, in the upper part, now you see three icons."View Type", "Device Selection" and  "Device connector". 

3. Click on the first one from the left. This is the "View Type" icon. You will see List view and Folder view as options. 

4. Chose "Folder view"

5. Now you have the folder view. All the sources are shown in the main window. If you click on a source you will see the folder structure. On the right hand side you have only two icons now.  

Enjoy!

How about the possibility to choose "Folder view" as default view? Because now it is veri inconvenient - everytime the Smartshare is opened, you are navigated to thousand of photos displayed in list view..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In smart share "Device view " should be default view,

Fed up of slow things are with just watching media from my TV .

Step.1 turn on TV ,wait for 15 secs to get the launcher ready.

Step 2 get to the smart share & select all devices.

Step 3 go to settings via home key & choose aspect ratio to full screen

Step 4 enjoy my media .

Earlier it was 5 steps with choose view type but latest firmware has fixed it.

Yeah I know lol :(.

Web OS is quite laggy on my system! (Lb6500) 55" 3D.

And it hasn't really gotten much better yet??

Whether it's to do with weak hardware and processors (pretty sure that's it) or software optimisation issue (probably not),

Why the hell did you not put a sufficient PROCESSOR in my $1800 AU dollar TV LG!!!!

Answer me please! Where are all the moderators on this forum, or people who work for LG?

Processor is just dual core , hope there is some on chip card soc for playing ultra HD content of bitrate above 125mbps .

Yesterday we tried to play the 4k video of lg demo via USB HDD , it outputted message as only video will be displayed , "no audio will be played " I was like what it doesn't even support audio with the video.

& the video also had low frame rate my guess would be 15 fps with some msecs shuttering

To its defense the HDD was connected to USB 2.0 port ,will try usb3.0 port & report if possible.

New update is available for country region Australia.

• 1 month later...

Do the following:

4. Chose "Folder view"

Enjoy!

this just shows the devices as folders but not the media in folders. I see that you have a Zyxel NSA 325. I have a NSA 211 and I have a Video folder and then Movies and Series and within  Series I have a folder for each series and then each season. When I browse on SmartShare I see all of my videos in one long list including all the children's shows and movies which I do not want to see when I am looking for a specific grown-up movie or episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Do the following:

4. Chose "Folder view"

Enjoy!

In what version is this possible? I have 04.51.44 and only "Device connector" button (2. point)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

And what do you do, if you dont have the icon? This smart share is basically ...c r a p..., I have files on my NAS, i can see them via the other devices, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.... yet, the tv, wont show many files from within this stupid "smartshare" ... quite frustrating... should have just paid a bit more for the SAMSUNG so I didnt have to deal with this lucky dip purchase...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I run a media server using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi (several thousand files just organised by folder structure), and I use the DLNA client built into WebOS to play the files from the server. For the past five years I've had an LG OLED55B6T, and due to a bit of burn-in on the screen, I've just replaced it with an OLED65G1PTA. One thing I notice with the new set is that it's much slower to navigate through the folder structure on the media server to get to the file I want to play. The difference seems to be that the DLNA client on the old TV just shows folders with a generic folder icon, whereas the new one wants to thumbnail each folder that's visible on the screen before it will allow me to continue. I haven't found anything in the settings to stop this behaviour - you can choose to display the folders as a grid or list, but either way it still tries to thumbnail each folder.
      As an experiment I installed Kodi on a Chromecast with Google TV that I have attached to the new set, as it can also act as a DLNA client, and it is also much faster to navigate through the folder structure on the media server. However, it has the drawback that if I stop watching a video part way through, it doesn't remember the point I was up to when I restart watching, whereas the client in the TV does.
      Any suggestions on a possible fix for speeding up the navigation?
    • By News Reporter
      It’s human nature to want to belong and to feel loved. After all, humans are social animals. Whether it’s visiting grandma’s farm every summer or the extended family gathering on dad’s birthday for the past twenty years, these events reinforce the sense of belonging and warmth that connect one generation to the next through the sharing of values and experiences.
      LG’s recently launched #CareForWhereYouLive campaign is all about creating warmth and a feeling of belonging through advanced LG technologies. With LG Therma V air-to-water heat pump (AWHP), for example, anyone can create a warm and comfortable environment for family gatherings no matter how cold and windy it is outside.

The lead video in the heartwarming campaign begins with a elderly woman waiting patiently at her doorstep for her grandson, who is coming to stay with her. In a series of touching vignettes, we see how she cares for him as he grows from boy to teenager to man, and how she created the foundation for him to one day create a warm, loving home of his own. And when the time comes when grandmother can’t wait on her doorstep anymore, she will know that her grandson and his family will be in good hands with LG Therma V.

More sustainable than conventional heat pumps, AWHP systems use advanced technology and simple physics to move outdoor air indoors and vice versa, all while using less electricity and for greater energy efficiency. LG’s AWHP solution offers reliable space heating and hot water supply all year-round, without the use of any fossil fuels. Better for the home and the planet, LG’s sustainable system minimizes electricity consumption by an incredible 75 percent by using air drawn from outside the home as a heat source.1

At up to four times more energy efficient than a traditional boiler, LG Therma V is a cost-effective heating and hot water solution for any home. Recognizing the financial and environmental benefits of AWHP systems, many European governments are now offering tax reductions and other incentives to encourage more residents to make the switch to these low-impact solutions.2

#CareForWhereYouLive is the latest in an ongoing series of LG initiatives presenting simple ways that everyone can help do their part to ensure a better tomorrow. It follows LG’s successful #CareForWhatYouWear campaign encouraging people to adopt a more sustainable approach to their wardrobe.
      To see how LG Therma V can help create warm, sustainable homes where families can keep cherished traditions alive – and create new rituals to pass on to future generations – please follow the .
      # # #
      1 Comparing LG Therma V R32 Series and Electrical Boiler under Low Temperature and Average Climate conditions. The ratio indicates general figure for understanding purpose. The result may differ depending on the actual operation and usage environments. Therma V uses 75% of natural energy absorbed from outside air and the rest of 25% comes from electricity, significantly reducing CO2 emission compared to oil or gas boilers.
      2 Governmental support for homeowners switching to AWHP solutions may differ by country.

• By News Reporter
      Despite technology playing a big part in our everyday lives, there are millions of families around the world that are unable to afford the basic tool to access such technology. In the UK alone, a 2020 report estimates that up to 1.8 million children do not have access to a computer at home. The pandemic moved us all to a more flexible and digital way of life, making technology an essential part of the education process, which means that many children across the country are at a serious disadvantage.

The LG team in the UK has long been passionate about giving youth the chance to reach their full potential. So, in collaboration with , a leading UK charity that supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with weekly one-to-one mentoring, helping develop character, raise aspirations, and improve academic attainment, the LG UK team decided to take action. Starting with four schools across London, LG announced the Laptop Library program to support young people with free access to state-of-the-art technology and improve their digital education experience.

As part of the program, LG UK donated LG gram laptops to each school and equipped them with a portable and secure store and charge solutions which students can use to book out laptops for use at school or home specifically to support one-to-one mentoring sessions.
      “It is incredibly tough for some students to keep up without access to proper technology,” said Kim Han-ju, IT Product Director at LG Electronics UK. “With our Laptop Library program, we hope to have a positive impact on the lives of these young people, each of whom deserves a future as bright as anyone else’s.”

Around 2,600 children are set to benefit from the initiative across the four schools, with plans to expand the initiative nationwide and donate LG Laptop Libraries to more schools in 2022 and beyond. To kick off the program, England football legend and father, Emile Heskey, visited one of the schools to unveil the Laptop Library and give a motivational talk to the students on the importance of education in setting up the foundations for a bright future.

“School education is so important in setting yourself up for the future, and I feel we sometimes take things like laptops for granted when there are some children that simply don’t have access,” said Emile, praising the program. “I’m really pleased to help launch this brilliant program alongside LG and ReachOut.”
      # # #

• By Kanu Tomer
      Hotstar is not available for the lower versions of the tv and there are no updates applied by lg to the firmware.
      My tv is a 2016 model
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ozzyzig94
      Hi everyone. I have a quite recent LG 43UM74507LA smart TV (2019 model). The current software version is the 05.10.25.
      I can read on the guide that the maximum suggested size for an external USB-connected drive is 2 TB. But what does it mean suggested? That it might be dangerous in some form for the hard drive to connect a unit which is larger than 2 TB?
      I am asking this because I actually use to connect a 4 TB external hard drive (a portable WD elements), with single NTFS partition, just to watch some video files (so no recording or else), and it works just perfectly. No problem of any sort. That's why I am very confused. I should also add that this drive is almost full (it contains 3.6 TB of data), and this does not affect the readability by the TV.
      I am indeed considering to buy another hard disk (exactly because the former one is almost full 😄), and I am considering a 8 TB WD Elements Destkop, which will be also formatted in NTFS (the only difference is that this one must be plugged to power as well, while the former only requires to be plugged to the TV via USB). Now, since the former 4 TB hard drive actually works, despite the "official suggestion", should I be confident that also the 8 TB one will work? Would you suggest me to proceed with buying that?
      Thank you very much in advance for your answers!
    • By lionel06
      Howto create subtile lyric attach to audio file that appear using dlna protocol ?
      The Demo songs work but files are hidden on TV storage ! 
    • By JCowper
      I have a LG 55" 4K UHD HDR OLED webOS Smart TV and a Sonos Arc. They have been working together fine, but suddenly are not and I cannot seem to fix it. I have tried everything from new hdmi cable to total factory reset on both pieces of equipment and I am so frustrated! 
      Can anyone assist me with what might work? Or is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues with this setup as well?
      thanks!!

• By HoneyMates57
      Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
      I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
      Great picture, rubbish TV