Quantcast

Slow Programme Guide

Den C

Question

LG50UK6950. The programme guide is slow to load, and has to re-load for each page. My previous LG tv (a 49UK.....) was the same.

Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are almost instantaneous.

Is this a hardware problem, eg lack of memory, or software - in which case is it ever going to be fixed?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rosie
      Fire TV upgraded and since then I'm unable to use my remote. I have to use the button below TV and have no freeview. Unable to get to settings to tune TV. Grateful for any advice
    • By News Reporter
      Receiving Certification for ISO/IEC DIS 18974 Compliance, Company
      Aims to Strengthen Competitiveness of Its Software-Based Businesses

SEOUL, April 28, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) recently earned industry-first recognition for its software supply chain security management system, receiving ISO/IEC DIS 18974 certification – the international standard for open source software (OSS) security management systems established by the Linux Foundation’s OpenChain Project. Comprised of a global network of companies, the OpenChain Project is a voluntary consultative body focused on building trust in the OSS supply chain.
      LG’s software supply chain security management system meets over thirty of the requirements stipulated by the OpenChain Project, including the establishment of internal policies related to OSS security, the periodic updating of security policies and the use of various tools for software security testing.
      The first global manufacturer to obtain the ISO/IEC DIS 18974 certification, LG continues to demonstrate its advanced capabilities and a strong commitment to responding to security vulnerabilities in the software supply chain.
      As part of the company’s strategy to upgrade its business portfolio, the company is accelerating its advancement into non-hardware business areas, such as platforms, solutions as well as content and services, by leveraging its accumulated software capabilities and expertise in diverse segments including home appliances, TVs, electric vehicle components and B2B solutions. Additionally, by securing global competitiveness in terms of OSS supply chain security and stability, LG expects to further strengthen overall business competitiveness.
      With the heavy reliance on software systems in today’s business environment, the importance of OSS security cannot be overstated. According to the
      link hidden, please login to view released by global security company, Synopsys, about 81 percent of OSS used in software development has security vulnerabilities. OSS is distributed with its source code, making it publicly available for use, modification and distribution by anyone at any time. It can reduce the time and cost of software development and is advantageous in terms of ecosystem expansion, leading to its wide use across service and platform development.
      In 2019, LG became the first Korean company to conform to ISO/IEC 5230, the International Standard for open source license compliance. In 2014, the company developed the OSS management tool ‘FOSSLight’ (Free and Open Source Software Light), which has been available to external developers, contributing to the revitalization of the global OSS ecosystem since 2021.
      “LG will further enhance its capabilities for security for products and services by continuously upgrading its open source software security management system,” said Park In-sung, head of the Software Center at LG Electronics.
      For those interested in learning more about the OpenChain Project, please visit the .
      # # #

• By BHAVIN PATEL
      Why LG not given proper solution for old customer so this not LG good brand 
    • By HRoland
      Hi,
      I have an LG UQ8100 TV with the latest WebOS v03.30.60.
      There are so many websites that not properly working with the included webos browser. Seems there is some problem with processing modern JavaScript solutions. Some parts are missing (e.g. sliders), that on PC works flawlessly from Chrome/Firefox/Edge.
      The second problem is with the online streaming services. There are so many provider in my case Udemy, that is widely used from web, but has no dedicated webos app. (I have the same problem with Telekom TVGO).
      The problem is with the encoded video streams. They are loading infinite or play 2-3 seconds then stops and starts never again.
      It is clear that the problem is with the webos browser solution, any other platform (PC, mobile), these sites works flawlessly.
      In the settings I tried to switch on and off the "Adaptive JavaScript streaming" option, but nothing changed.
      So the browser needs to be updated, because at the moment it is useless to me and there is no alternatives.
    • By bujar77
      On my screen shown on the photo I see two cloudy glowy lines. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
  • Similar Tagged Content

image.png

This website earns revenue with ads. We do not charge for viewing content or participating on this site. Please pause or turn off your Ad Blocker extension for this website, to continue. We appreciate your support.

Click Here After Settings Changed