Quantcast

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FWIW, after a subsequent contact with LG Customer Service,  providing a serial number and asking for any available history related to this serial, I was able to learn the following. My TV was ide

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a "new" OLED65C8 and it indicated a "Total Power On Time" of 3999 hours.   I contacted LG Support via chat for an explanation and they abruptly terminated the chat, without explanation,  when I asked how accurate this metric was and what tolerances it has.

I suppose this metric could be an artifact from when the OS was imaged onto the new TV.  However, in the worst case, a shady retailer could be selling used/refurbished product as new.  But, if I'm not mistaken, this metric can be reset via the service panel.  If so, you'd think the shady individual would also reset the hours to zero.

I'll post again if I find any thing that is significant.

FWIW, after a subsequent contact with LG Customer Service,  providing a serial number and asking for any available history related to this serial, I was able to learn the following.

My TV was identified as a store demo assigned to one of the larger retail  chains.

I guess the take away from all of this is:

1. The "Total Power On Time" is a very useful metric to investigate

2. Some retailers do shady things

HTH

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rex said:

FWIW, after a subsequent contact with LG Customer Service,  providing a serial number and asking for any available history related to this serial, I was able to learn the following.

My TV was identified as a store demo assigned to one of the larger retail  chains.

I guess the take away from all of this is:

1. The "Total Power On Time" is a very useful metric to investigate

2. Some retailers do shady things

HTH

First thing I did was check this when we bought our 86UH9500 new back in 2017 - it was sold as open box which was really more like crappy, taped up box but never used.  Out of the box, it was obvious the set had never been used, all packing and wrap was in place, still had that new TV smell.  

I had trouble with the app you can use to check the up time in the service menu but also found it in the General/About this TV menu and it had 1 -2 hours if memory serves, if that.  Subsequent registration with LG confirmed the set was new, never registered etc. 

Interesting note: with an app or a service remote, you can actually reset the time.  I found this out by accident when I reset the TV after restoring changes a technician had made that made the TV unwatchable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By C C
      [Feature-Request] Set power on to last HDMI input

Not sure if this feature request would be part of LG webOS or would require changes to some lower level control software for my TV.
      But... It seems that every time I switch it on, it seemingly randomly selects a HDMI input, I  mostly use the same HDMI input so I wanted to ask for a feature request in the next software update that makes the TV remember the last selected HDMI input so I don't have to keep manually selecting it.
      In addition, maybe a second option in the TVs settings that can auto select the input based on there being an input signal or not, that might be useful for people that switch devices allot.
      Thanks
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By News Reporter
      Unseen, unheralded and often underappreciated, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions are the unsung heroes of modern life that provide physical comfort and fresh air in all kinds of environments. Working unobtrusively in the background, HVAC is what keeps our homes, offices, hospitals, hotels, shopping malls and every indoor setting imaginable blissfully cool in the summer and delightfully warm in the winter while delivering fresh and healthy air all year around.

For more than half a century, LG Electronics has been a leading innovator in the commercial HVAC solution space, supporting its customers to thrive and grow with its technologically advanced products. With an innovative product portfolio, solid R&D foundation and more than 50 educational academies around the world preparing highly skilled experts, LG has been strengthening its industrial leadership by offering a full range of optimal solutions for nearly every sector and setting imaginable.

To showcase the value it brings to businesses worldwide and to share its vision for a more sustainable future, LG recently produced a brand video entitled “Ahead of the Expected.” Set to a dynamic beat, the uplifting video introduces the audience to the outstanding value offered by LG HVAC solutions, highlighting how LG is empowering its customers by providing an unrivalled level of “Integration, Commitment and Expertise.”

The company’s integrated solutions leverage the latest technologies to deliver powerful performance and greater operational efficiency, ensuring a reduction in the total cost of ownership. LG’s commitment to its customers is also evident in the wealth of services it offers, from installation to system engineering to maintenance; all carried out by highly-skilled professionals. LG’s devotion to creating a sustainable future through environmentally responsible HVAC products is matched only by its drive and ability to maximize value for its clients today, and anticipate what they’ll need tomorrow.

Thanks to its considerable expertise and know-how, LG can meet the unique demands of every business, providing solutions that guarantee fresh, clean indoor air tailored to the specific requirements of each building or facility.
      Although they may be out of sight and mind, LG HVAC solutions are right there next to us every day, doing what they’ve always done – making our lives more comfortable whether we’re sleeping, eating, working, shopping or just relaxing and having fun.

Check out LG’s new “Ahead of the Expected” video .
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Wajdi
      Would you please provide a support if there is a way to update/upgrade “Software Version  05.05.70” for LG webOS TV since no update found once checking for update although some application contents is unavailable in LG Store 
      NEED IMMEDIATE ADVICE PLEASE....

• By Dave Howard
      Hi,
      Pop up on my TV this morning saying I can have a free power board replacement as there has been reports of overheating issues.
      Anyone else had this?
      My tv is LG OLED65B7V HDR 4K Ultra Smart TV
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By siddhu
      is  disney+hotstar app  available for LG LF6300 tv  web os version is 04.06.40.??

• By News Reporter
      LG Opens Popular Platform and Integrated Content Services to
      Manufacturers to Deliver Better TV Experience to Even More Consumers

SEOUL, Feb. 24, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of its popular webOS TV platform ecosystem to other TV brand partners, disrupting the status quo in an industry known for its proprietary operating systems across different manufacturers. LG is now expanding its expertise beyond TV manufacturing to encompass webOS TV software platform development and adoption by other TV brands. This has the potential to reshape the TV business for both technology and content providers while significantly growing LG’s presence and prominence in the global home entertainment market.
      As an integral component of LG’s preeminent home entertainment ecosystem, webOS has delivered exceptional ease of use for LG TV owners through its intuitive interface design since 2014. Licensees of webOS TV receive the familiar and highly acclaimed UX design along with a rich pool of features such as voice search and control, integrated AI algorithms and easy connectivity that have earned webOS positive industry and consumer accolades. With LG webOS TV, partners also get a diversity of content options including access to global streaming service apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and sports streaming service DAZN as well as LG Channels, the company’s free premium content streaming service.* Compatible TV models also include the dedicated Magic Motion remote controller.
      Over twenty TV manufacturers from around the world have already committed to the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka with more partners expected to join in the future. The webOS ecosystem is supported by technology partners such as Realtek, Nuance, Gracenote, CEVA and Universal Electronics, among many others.
      “The webOS platform is one of the easiest and most convenient way to access millions of hours of movies and TV shows,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “By welcoming other manufacturers to join the webOS TV ecosystem, we are embarking on a new path that allows many new TV owners to experience the same great UX and features that are available on LG TVs. We look forward to bringing these new customers into the incredible world of webOS TV.”
      # # #
      * Content app availability vary by region.

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: