Quantcast

SONY LIV app

On 6/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, [email protected] said:

In LG TV OLED55C9 we are not able to get Sonyliv app... we cant download or we cant use this app ... 

sony was not able to develop the app for lg webos from last 2018 year they have been telling very soon and later they told by 1st quarter of 2020 it will be ready but still not ready... 

There is no Sony LIV app for LG Smart TVs. Sony has been saying its under development for years now. I don’t think they are making it at all.

1 minute ago, Rohit#7 said:

Really very bad even m also waiting from last 2 years I have spent 80k on tv and there is no Sony liv, amazon music, gaana and jio tv. 

If anyone wants anymore apps its better to get an external device like fire tv stick or apple tv or airtel xstream box/ tata sky binge etc.. they are available for a slow as 2200.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronald Fernandes said:

LG PLEASE GET THE SONY LIV APP ON WEBOS

This is a user forum , LG doesn’t care whats written here. Moreover its upto Sony LIV to make the app which they have been delaying and I don’t think they are actually making it. 

if you want go to twitter and tweet to @sonyliv and ask how much more time for the app.

• 3 weeks later...

As replied to me by Sony Liv India on 27th June 2020 

Reg. LG WEB OS for Sony LIV App [Case# 15-06-20-6452891]\

Sat, 27 Jun, 16:17 (12 days ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Dear User,

Thank you for writing to SonyLIV.

We truly regret the inconvenience caused. The app for LG WEB OS is being tested and we will be able to release it soon. Since we would want to give our users a flawless experience, we would need that little extra time.
Appreciate your patience.

Cheers,
Team SonyLIV

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, Karan Batra said:

There is no Sony LIV app for LG Smart TVs. Sony has been saying its under development for years now. I don’t think they are making it at all.

The roll out is happening in a phased manner. Our team is already working strenuously to bring you aboard the latest version for LG TV. We will surely get back to you with an update. We request you to try using the app on an alternate device.

Sincerely,
Team SonyLIV.

This is the latest update from sony.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Ronald Fernandes said:

LG PLEASE GET THE SONY LIV APP ON WEBOS

The roll out is happening in a phased manner. Our team is already working strenuously to bring you aboard the latest version for LG TV. We will surely get back to you with an update. We request you to try using the app on an alternate device.

Sincerely,
Team SonyLIV.

UPdate AS OF TODAY

23 hours ago, teja4721 said:

Sincerely,
Team SonyLIV.

This is the latest update from sony.

I have the 2018  LG Nanocell & 2019 C9 OLED . My friend has the 2020 CX OLED .

All have got the apple tv app as well. The 2018 got it on 18th Aug.

sony rolling out in a phased manner to which tvs, don’t know and can’t guess.

Lets see. I’ll update when I get it. If anyone else gets it do update with a screenshot preferably.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sony LIV app is  now officially available for LG WebOS TV 2018 model onwards i.e UK6300,SK,SM and C8,C9 etc. onwards. They haven’t specified the WebOS version as such.

Hotstar app was full of errors when it was launched last year but believe me it was miles ahead of the newly released Sony LIV app.

The app is very difficult to use even on C8 OLED, freezes and what not.

11A67723-9D3A-4B33-AAC7-4B5D8952B2A8.jpeg

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Anas Ansari said:

Will the SonyLiv app ever be available on LG TVs ? Or should we just stop buying them

If your tv hasn’t got it by now you won’t get it.  All the supported models have got it.

Just buy a 2000₹ Set top box or firestick. TV will get obsolete sooner or later.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...