Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ok so im slowly going insane, just got a new tv and naturally i couldnt keep my fingers off the "update" button.

before the update the HDR game mode was crisp and bright, after the update it so bloody dim some games are just... way too dark ?

so i tried running a downgrade with lgdtvupdater and got everything to work but when its time to actually download the update to the tv it says that "the update cannot be applied".  everything in the logs are showing ok. but it just wont save to the tv.  it doesnt even start the download, altho i can clearly see in the logs the update is correct and the tv has given the "all clear" to the update server.

am i missing something here ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By OLED65B8LLA
      A button for info on the remote control 😃
      and showing the time when switching programs 😗
    • By René Krell
      I've recently bought a LG OLED C9 PLA TV set, installed the latest version of firmware WebOS 4.71.XX. I like the WebOS interface, but there is one thing I absolutely don't understand and would appreciate to get solved:
      I use the single tuner in both modes, satellite and antenna.
      I'd like to have mixed favorites list from stations received from antenna and satellite and browsing between them without explicitly switching to satellite or antenna mode, thus having WebOS to automatically set satellite or antenna mode depending on the chosen station from the favorites list.
      At the moment this is quite difficult to handle: Open the list from RC, open the filter (yellow button), switch between antenna/satellite -> the list is reset to All, again choose the favorites list of my choice.
      I know it is possible to add mixed tuner mode stations to favorites, but there is always shown the portion matching the currently set tuner mode. This is quite difficult to handle.
      Isn't there another way?

• By mick mcgregor
      My 55UH850V  can no longer access my gmail or my Youtube account because Google no longer support the browser, this is a growing problem as on many other sites i have the message "we will no longer be supporting this browser please update to new Chrome" can LG do an APP or fix this problem?
      My TV is only 5 years old and already out of date i feel let down by LG, surely an update enable search engine should be a must for smart TV, maybe a docking port for a hard drive on the back of new TVs so you can slot in a LG formatted hard dive at the side or bottom for down load of new systems for LG to keep TVs up to date.
      I have a hard drive through USB on the TV to record programs but it can only record what you are watching this also is a pain as you generally record a program so you can watch something eles, a common sense issue that LG should have picked up on.

• By b4lazs
      HBO GO app doesn't work since it was updated on 28th of May.  App starts up, HBO GO logo shows up, then the rotating circles shown ... forever, nothing more happens
      To fix this I've tried the followings:
      - restarted IPS router
      - connected TV to my phone (through wi-fi) so internet was connected through 4G, means there is no IPS/router/local net related problem
      - deleted app, restarted TV (unplugged power, switched quick start option off in TV menu), reinstalled app many times
      - checked if theres any WebOS updates, no updates found, it is up-to-date
      - HBO GO works well on all other devices at home (AndroidTV box for an other TV, laptops, phones, tablets)
      - all other apps are working well on the TV (Emby, Netflix, Youtube etc)
      Despite all these no changes unfortunately, still doesn't functioning.
      Type: 55UK6300MLB, WebOS is latest version.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By sharathks00
      I have
      LG webOS TV UF950T,
      software version 04.06.00
      1.)  WebOS is getting updates but new  apps are not showing up in LG  Content store.  When I visit 
      link hidden, please login to viewthrough my Tv browser there are many new Apps which are not in LG content store.         When i try to install , it says  not compatible with your Tv. 2) When i try to play a video some times it says video format not supported and some times audio format not supported like with opus & ogg.
      My question is to Manufacturers/ WebOs designers if this is the case what is the point in updating TV, when there are no apps or support for new video or audio formats ????
      In this case its like if i want new apps, I have to buy a new TV, updates are not helping in improving TV in any ways, no longer a Smart TV
      lol

• By Kirtan Mehta
      Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 
      I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 
      When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."
    • By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad

• By dngold77
      is there a webtv function or app that shows all of shows available on all the services I subscribe to.  Xfinity does with this it's cable service for example. If you click on "recently watched" it all show all the shows you've watched wether from live TV, on demand, or from apps such as Netflix, that you've logged into. , Apple TV does the same thing. As do third party providers such as realgood.  Anything similar of LG TV