Quantcast

How Do I Customise the Screensaver?

Sufian Abdullah

Question

Hi all,

I have several LG webOS UH656T  installed at my office.  As part of complying to LEED certification, we mainly use it as the primary projection device, migrating from DLP Projectors previously. 

Everything works fine except the screensaver feature; is there way I could turn it off or change it with a custom wallpaper? if we can't, is there to work around it by displaying other type of images via an app perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I contacted LG directly after my last post and got this today. It's not really what we wanted to hear, but it is at least a response.

Thank you for your query regarding your LG TV; I would be more than happy to assist you with this query today. 

There is currently no option to change the screen saver images that come up when you have no signal going to the TV. We are looking into adding this feature on our newer TV’s and either updating the images or removing the screen savers all together on our older TV’s due to complaints of the dog setting off customers pets. 

We aren’t aware of when these changes might happen however as we have started looking into it recently. 

I guess the firmware update with new images is addressing the annoyed pets issue :-)

• Like 1

@IAN MOUNTAIN Wrong screensaver, that option refers to the fireworks screensaver that comes up from inactivity.

Just to clarify, this thread is a bit mis-titled. It isn't primarily about the screensaver, though a few users have complained about that in this thread as well, but the majority of the posts (including OP) are referring to what is probably better titled as a 'desktop wallpaper', the ugly, un-customizable images that cycle through on the 'No Input' screen. If LG is going to force us to look at their lame HDR photo gallery (that doesn't even download new ones from the internet like Chromecast or Windows Spotlight does) instead of just showing a blank screen with the text 'No Input' like every other TV, then at the very least they should let us customize the photos!

If the issue is that the set may burn in if you put in 5 copies of the same image or something, as some have brought up, then they could simply add a disclaimer. They seem to have no problem doing so under the Screen Saver option, as you can see.

As I said in my last post in April, I tried to use the SDK to get into the TV and change the photos. You need root access to get edit permissions to the relevant directories. Tried a few different techniques to try and get root access, but couldn't quite do it so I gave up. But if anyone knows how to properly root an LG TV I'd love to know.

Dear LG team,

Are we asking to solve some kind of rocket science here?

Is this kind of high end AI requirement?

Are you guys even monitoring this thread? If yes, then kindly post your reply here even if that feature is somewhere in future. 

If you are not monitoring this then please close these forums and kindly put a banner on your website that "Customers are on their own for their queries since we are very busy in doing sales"

Thanks,

Raghav

A loyal end user.

• Like 1

Dear LG Team,

How many more  people and replies you need to  look over this issue?

Can you look into this concern by taking out a glimpse of your precious time from your Sales and Marketing  zone?

After selling the product, it is your responsibility to take care of your end customers  who have purchased your product.

Thanks.

• Like 1