Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sufian Abdullah

How Do I Customise the Screensaver?

Question

Hi all,

I have several LG webOS UH656T  installed at my office.  As part of complying to LEED certification, we mainly use it as the primary projection device, migrating from DLP Projectors previously. 

Everything works fine except the screensaver feature; is there way I could turn it off or change it with a custom wallpaper? if we can't, is there to work around it by displaying other type of images via an app perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

62 answers to this question

Hi,

I got a new firmware update this morning for my TV

Those default pictures are all replaced with new ones now, all landscapes and cityscapes this time around

Very nice pictures, but I also still like to put my own wallpapers in the screensaver.

OK, I contacted LG directly after my last post and got this today. It's not really what we wanted to hear, but it is at least a response.

Thank you for your query regarding your LG TV; I would be more than happy to assist you with this query today. 

There is currently no option to change the screen saver images that come up when you have no signal going to the TV. We are looking into adding this feature on our newer TV’s and either updating the images or removing the screen savers all together on our older TV’s due to complaints of the dog setting off customers pets. 

We aren’t aware of when these changes might happen however as we have started looking into it recently. 

I guess the firmware update with new images is addressing the annoyed pets issue :-)

• Like 1

@IAN MOUNTAIN Wrong screensaver, that option refers to the fireworks screensaver that comes up from inactivity.

Just to clarify, this thread is a bit mis-titled. It isn't primarily about the screensaver, though a few users have complained about that in this thread as well, but the majority of the posts (including OP) are referring to what is probably better titled as a 'desktop wallpaper', the ugly, un-customizable images that cycle through on the 'No Input' screen. If LG is going to force us to look at their lame HDR photo gallery (that doesn't even download new ones from the internet like Chromecast or Windows Spotlight does) instead of just showing a blank screen with the text 'No Input' like every other TV, then at the very least they should let us customize the photos!

If the issue is that the set may burn in if you put in 5 copies of the same image or something, as some have brought up, then they could simply add a disclaimer. They seem to have no problem doing so under the Screen Saver option, as you can see.

As I said in my last post in April, I tried to use the SDK to get into the TV and change the photos. You need root access to get edit permissions to the relevant directories. Tried a few different techniques to try and get root access, but couldn't quite do it so I gave up. But if anyone knows how to properly root an LG TV I'd love to know.

Hi,

I am having the same query i.e how to change the default wallpapers and screensaver provided with this TV.

I wonder what LG support team is doing with this thread?

So many people asking the same questions and no reply from LG team, that's weird.

Does anyone from LG actually look at these forums? I keep searching every few weeks to see if anything has changed on this issue. You can only look at the mushrooms and dog so many times before they get annoying. Come on LG get your act together.

Dear LG team,

Are we asking to solve some kind of rocket science here?

Is this kind of high end AI requirement?

Are you guys even monitoring this thread? If yes, then kindly post your reply here even if that feature is somewhere in future. 

If you are not monitoring this then please close these forums and kindly put a banner on your website that "Customers are on their own for their queries since we are very busy in doing sales"

Thanks,

Raghav

A loyal end user.

• Like 1