Quantcast

What triggers the LG TV Screensaver to come on?

Zipperhead

Question

I’m would like to know specifically what triggers the LG smart TV screensaver to come on.  There are multiple apps that while viewing media the Screensaver interrupts viewing.   One would think the tv detects a static image for a set number of seconds.  And also that number of seconds would be let’s say 60 or 120 or even possible be user adjustable.  But no settings exist and the attached video shows that it interrupts video viewing.   I guess they will not let me upload the video.  I guess evidently too incriminating.

Edited by Zipperhead
Explain that video isn’t working

4 answers to this question

It's unlikely to be user adjustable.  We have bee spoilt by the likes of Android/Google who's philosophy is to let users choose how they like things. It's not LG's way and is frustrating.

Rise it with LG. They probably wont give you a solution but might tweak it in future software updates.

1 hour ago, Mattventuring said:

It's unlikely to be user adjustable.  We have bee spoilt by the likes of Android/Google who's philosophy is to let users choose how they like things. It's not LG's way and is frustrating.

Rise it with LG. They probably wont give you a solution but might tweak it in future software updates.

Everyone talks about this issue like it’s not a bug.  The conversation always goes back to “ It ‘s designed that way to protect the tv “.  No, it’s a flaw and it’s designed so it comes on and interrupts the viewing of the media you want to view on YOUR TV.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By rologoetz
      Hi, just bought a new LG OLED and pretty fast noticed that I`ve now chance to change the wallpapers ?!?

Really pretty strange - even the smallest smartphone offers such a feature. The TV has enough USB interfaces - why is it not able to customize this by an own set of pictures ?

Can`t be that big rocket science to implement this , especially for such an expensive device this should be a standard feature !!!

Or did I  miss something in the settings of the TV ? 
    • By Itachi3431
      Hi all,
      I haven't seen a screensaver option to enable after sometime and no screensaver come's up after long time. Is there anyway to enable it

TV details - 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 55UR7500PSC

P.S., running latest Web OS
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor
    • By Will M
      For the past few years I have been using a 2nd generation Apple TV to watch YouTube videos on my LG Smart TV, however as of today Apple have disabled their YouTube app for this particular device.
      I presumed I would be able to use a YouTube app on my TV to continue watching videos in this way, after all has anyone ever heard of a Smart TV without a YouTube app? Since most new TVs are smart TVs these days most people I know have one and they all have the capability to play YouTube videos, usually you don't even have to download the app as it is one of the ones that comes pre-installed.
      However I cannot find a YouTube app in the LG content store. I've not really tried to install new apps on my TV since getting it so I don't know if I'm looking in the right place, or it is one of those things like with smartphones where there are multiple places you can go and download apps from.
      Bizarrely though, despite there being no YouTube app, there is a YouTube kids app, so it's not like LG have never heard of YouTube or anything, they just don't seem to have realised that people other than kids watch videos on it.
    • By Marco V
      Hi,

so i was watching a movie through the webbrowser app of the LGCX65
      Every 20 min the screensaver kicks in while there is no reason to as the movie keeps playing
      in the background you can even still hear the movie playing

how can i disable this screensaver its very anoying

thanks
      Marco

• Similar Tagged Content