Quantcast

CBS ACCESS

rob55meyer

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This isn't an LG issue, it's a CBS issue since they are the developer. I wouldn't think it would take too much work to port the app to LG WebOS, though. They have it for Samsung (#1 market share smart tvs). Vizio (#2 market share) uses Chromecast so they have it too.  LG is #3 market share, about 1/6 the market of Samsung and Vizio combined.

13 hours ago, Tom Eisenmenger said:

This isn't an LG issue, it's a CBS issue since they are the developer. I wouldn't think it would take too much work to port the app to LG WebOS, though. They have it for Samsung (#1 market share smart tvs). Vizio (#2 market share) uses Chromecast so they have it too.  LG is #3 market share, about 1/6 the market of Samsung and Vizio combined.

You make a good argument for not producing the app for webOS, the flip side of that is that CBS is potentially missing out on 1/6th the market.  If CBS have people capable of creating apps for Samsung & Vizio then a webOS app would be easily within their comfort range.  At the end of the day it gives CBS another access to another revenue stream.  Going by the many post of the forum it seems that the bulk of users purchase their TV first and then look for an app not the other way round. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nitin Chopra
      Hi Team,
      After update of LG WebOS to 04.40.70, Amazon Prime Video app on my LG Smart TV stopped working. It started giving error :
      Internet Connectivity Problem
      There is an internet connection problem. Check the device's internet settings, data cables, or try to resetting your router. Also, turning your device off, and then back on might fix the problem. For further assistance, please contact Amazon customer service at www.amazon.com/videohelp
      The internet/wifi connection is fine and all the other apps are working without any issue on the LG smart TV.
      I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Prime video app, but that didn't help.
      Has anyone faced this issue ? Is there a solution available for this issue.
      Thanks & Regards,
      Nitin
    • By tim p
      I have two LG C2 tv's both running OS 03.21.30. Attempts to update the OS state that this is the current version as of 12/2022.  Amazon Music won't open on either of them, the splash screen appears and that's it, for hours.  It opens fine on other devices in the house, Sony TV, PC's, and droid phones. Other streaming apps work fine with no buffering or glitches.
      The solutions offered online list instructions for clearing app caches using a series of menus that aren't even remotely close to the menus available on these TV's.  I've checked every available menu and there's absolutely nothing offering the ability to clear app caches. App Manager offers exactly two options: Launch or Delete. Others insist that you need to clear the cache from within the app but of course the app won't open so that's a dead end.  I did clear the browser cache but it had no effect this AMZN Music problem.
      So far I've also:
      Deleted and re-installed the app multiple times; Left the TV's unplugged 24+ hours; Full reboot of the router multiple times; Factory Reset of the TV's. If anyone has a solution that doesn't involve buying a fire stick I'm very interested - thanks
      (edit) one of these tv's is five feet from the router.  Distance isn't the issue.
    • By LG Nano LED
      18/01/2023
      Dear Sir or Madam
      I have a LG Nano LED tv, in that I am trying to download VOOTKIDS. But is not showing in the LG webos
      This was checked many times. 
      Kindly suggest me to how to download this app in my TV,

Thank you

Vignesh 
    • By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By informatiko
      It would be amazing to be able to use the Philips HUE and synchronize the lights with the video and audio of the LG TV.
      Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content