Quantcast

CBS ACCESS

rob55meyer

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...

This isn't an LG issue, it's a CBS issue since they are the developer. I wouldn't think it would take too much work to port the app to LG WebOS, though. They have it for Samsung (#1 market share smart tvs). Vizio (#2 market share) uses Chromecast so they have it too.  LG is #3 market share, about 1/6 the market of Samsung and Vizio combined.

13 hours ago, Tom Eisenmenger said:

This isn't an LG issue, it's a CBS issue since they are the developer. I wouldn't think it would take too much work to port the app to LG WebOS, though. They have it for Samsung (#1 market share smart tvs). Vizio (#2 market share) uses Chromecast so they have it too.  LG is #3 market share, about 1/6 the market of Samsung and Vizio combined.

You make a good argument for not producing the app for webOS, the flip side of that is that CBS is potentially missing out on 1/6th the market.  If CBS have people capable of creating apps for Samsung & Vizio then a webOS app would be easily within their comfort range.  At the end of the day it gives CBS another access to another revenue stream.  Going by the many post of the forum it seems that the bulk of users purchase their TV first and then look for an app not the other way round. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alice131
      Now days  terrarium tv is troubling in my phone.  So i am searching for any app with the same features terrarium tv apk have, 
      Suggest me some good apk streaming app
    • By EaZyTr1cKz
      Hi there im from australia is there any information about a nba app coming for the upcoming season most other tvs have got it but lg hasnt thanks
    • By Silkshirt
      LG TV  SJ800V.  (2018 UK model).  Was  06.00.20  then became  06.00.25 and made no difference to this issue:
      Search page on YouTube had a microphone symbol.  This enabled Voice Search.
      Just recently, (whilst being 06.00.20),  MICROPHONE VANISHED.  It can't be got back.  I know of two other SJ800V TVs  with the same issue.
      I know of another two similar LG TVs - but different model numbers - which have no problem.  
      LG says it's probably a YouTube issue. Tried uninstalling and re-installing YouTube but no good... 
      What can be done? This TV is only 4 years old and I and I really don't see why I should have to  go and buy a new one...
    • By wally katigbak
      my amazon music prime on LG is missing some of the functionality that is on my iphone. and laptop.  Amazon music on LG does not have that capability to add to your playlist when you are listening to a song.  
    • By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Tobin
      Hello I have a 2020 LG oled 65 inch tv and I am connected to internet via wifi. I checked connections and they are all good and working. I have standard apps that came with TV installed Netflix, Disney plus ect. And now TV is saying they both need to be updated to have access to those apps. Everytime I go to update and click on update it says the app is not installed so it won't update when I look to make sure app is installed it shows they are.
      I am confused on what's going on and how to update these apps and get access to them again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx

Tobin 
    • By Indrani Rajendran
      Hi,
      When we try to play HLS stream in production app in LG tv (some models LG 49UH652V , LG UK6700PVD) it enters into infinite buffering state. In debug mode using webOSIDE could see `loadedmetadata` event is not getting triggered by video-player.
      It works randomly says 1 in 10 attempts able to play the content.
      I tried with youtube and other apps as well, looks like all the LIVE streams are entering into infinite buffering state.
      Can you please advice why live streams (HLS) are not playable in some LG TV's?  Is there any work around to resolve this issue? Please assist.
      Regards,
      Indrani
    • By Arun Rathi
      How to install HOTSTAR APP on LG Smart TV model No. 55LA6200.
    • By Noel Walker
      When trying to load the Plex app on an LGWebOs smart TV, app says :-
      CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION    Error CODE : -337
      This may be a temporary issue. 
      Please try again later. 
      (RETRY)     (EXIT APP)

Firstly my network connection is fine. Netflix and YouTube loads and runs just seamlessly. This has only been happening in the last few months If I (RETRY) after a long wait sometimes it connects and loads correctly or I get the same error again. I have tried other Plex clients on my home server and they work just fine.  Specs:
      LG OLED65C8PTA TV running Web OS 04.10.15. LG Plex client app is version 2.1.6 from Sep 2016 Plex server is on my QNAP NAS and at version 1.13.5.291 from Sep 2018. I guess my question is, if the LG Plex client app hasn't changed since 2016 and my Plex server is working for other clients, then what is going wrong?
      Cheers
      Noel