Quantcast

Apps won't update

Tobin

Question

Hello I have a 2020 LG oled 65 inch tv and I am connected to internet via wifi. I checked connections and they are all good and working. I have standard apps that came with TV installed Netflix, Disney plus ect. And now TV is saying they both need to be updated to have access to those apps. Everytime I go to update and click on update it says the app is not installed so it won't update when I look to make sure app is installed it shows they are.

I am confused on what's going on and how to update these apps and get access to them again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx

Tobin 

3 answers to this question

I had a similar problem that my LG store was empty. There were no apps any more. It has been working for years but not any more.

Other apps still worked fine, could use Netflix and YouTube. Could use the web browser without problems. 

The LG TV was using a wired connection and I could see it in the network.

After a long search on the internet I decided to change the Network setting. Instead of DHCP (automatic) I gave it a fixed IP address and used 8.8.8.8 as DNS server and.....the store started to work again.

Very strange but maybe this story could help you update your apps.

Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Arun A
      Hotstar, Sun NXT, Zee5 apps not found on content store.  My model number is 43LF6300 and firmware version is 4.06.40.
    • By News Reporter
      LG USA’s latest collaboration in their year-long Only on OLED content campaign is a three-part content series featuring popular Kansas City Chiefs football tight end Travis Kelce and a look at his ambitions not only for the upcoming football season which kicked off this past week but also off the field as a fashion brand founder, business owner, and philanthropist.

The three-part series is airing on with special cut downs from the episodes available on and promoted across the .

Episode 1 of “Travis Kelce, Only on OLED” which debuted last week, answers the question, “What’s next for Travis Kelce?” Accompanied by his close friends, the series chronicles Kelce’s next big idea, “365 Days of Travis,” a calendar allowing his fans to get more of him every day of the year. Throughout the series, viewers will see the calendar come to life from concept to photo shoot, and ultimately the big unveil.

“Partnering with LG in the lead up to my season was a natural fit,” said Kelce. “There is no better way to watch football or any sport than on an LG OLED TV. I was stunned by the picture quality, its ability to capture the speed of sports in intense, crisp detail and deliver an experience that made you feel like you were at the game. Working with them on this series also let me show people who I am off the field. I appreciate LG giving me the opportunity to share that with others.”

“To highlight LG OLED’s ability to deliver an unrivaled sports viewing experience at home, it was only fitting that our next Only on OLED collaboration be with one of football’s biggest champions as the pro and college football seasons get underway,” said Peggy Ang, LG’s Senior Vice President of Marketing. “With our Only on OLED activations, we are bringing to our consumers unique content that goes beyond the game and highlights the stories behind today’s biggest athletes off the field.”

The Only on OLED campaign focuses on key consumer passions in sports, movies and gaming that are drivers for TV purchases. To reach consumers, the campaign features unparalleled access to unique events and moments best enjoyed on LG OLED TVs. Earlier this summer, LG released Hangin’ With Kuz, a social media series featuring basketball star Kyle Kuzma which offered fans a glimpse into his new home and off-court passions. The program kicked off earlier this year with a live celebrity gaming showdown between multi-platinum-selling music mogul DJ Khaled and world-renowned actor Megan Fox.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By seb0071
      I have just bought an OLED 48C14LB, and have mostly got to grips with the OS, except for the programme recording function.
      I tested this by recording the news on BBC1,  via 'Programme Scheduler' whilst watching live tv on ITV3.  All worked ok with the recording  playing back from the 128GB stick in 'USB 1'.
      Having since tried to record something else in the same way, I get an on screen message saying that the recording is about to take place, and I click on 'OK'.
      When the recording starts, the tv station that I am watching switches to the station that I want to record from, and when I switch back, I get a message saying that the recording I have set up is not possible if I change channels.
      Any help wil be much appreciated.
    • By Stacy_g
      I have a LG TV model 55EG9A7T and I have been trying to connect my sennheiser bluetooth headphones using the wireless sound sync for the longest time but it is not able to find the device under available devices.
      I tried to call in LG tech support - but no one seems sure whether only LG brand headphones are supported. 
      Does anyone know if only LG headphones are supported?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By Indrani Rajendran
      Hi,
      When we try to play HLS stream in production app in LG tv (some models LG 49UH652V , LG UK6700PVD) it enters into infinite buffering state. In debug mode using webOSIDE could see `loadedmetadata` event is not getting triggered by video-player.
      It works randomly says 1 in 10 attempts able to play the content.
      I tried with youtube and other apps as well, looks like all the LIVE streams are entering into infinite buffering state.
      Can you please advice why live streams (HLS) are not playable in some LG TV's?  Is there any work around to resolve this issue? Please assist.
      Regards,
      Indrani
    • By prakhar_singh
      Updated my LG 55UK6360PTE to version 05.10.10 a few weeks ago. Few days after the update the television has trouble booting up, it gets stuck on the lg logo, then I have to switch the tv off by holding the power logo for a few seconds, then boot it up again only to find it getting stuck on the lg logo again, after repeating this process a few times I am finally able to boot the tv and proceed smoothly until I dare turn it off to face the whole issue all over again. Anyone else witnessed the same problems, is there anyway to downgrade the webos, tried the lgdtvupdater but it doesn't work, I guess it only works for models upto 2017. Correct me if I am wrong
    • By Yoandy Isse
      hello my tv does not give me more updates, I would like to update it to the last WebOS, there is some manual process via USB
      attached model image
      sorry if my english is bad