Quantcast

[Feature Request] File Manager and...

MinoDc

Hi to all.

I recently purchased a lg tv with web os. On the old TV was using an external media player (wd live tv). Now I wanted to directly connect the USB disk to the TV.

Unfortunately, I can not do it, because, to my regret, the web os does not have a file manager So I can not copy, move, or do anything on the external drive, no do not connect it to the PC first.

I ask is you are putting a file manager, so you can manage files between USB devices connected.

In addition to, if possible, add an icon to each file (movie) already seen.

What do you think

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, the web OS definitely needs a simple, easy-to-use file manager.

I've been trying to copy a screenshot taken on my LG Smart TV to a USB drive, so that I could upload it.  Unfortunately, the only way I've found to do this is by opening the file in the LG Photo Edit program, and then saving it to the drive - and this is less than optimal since the screenshot comes across as a small clip on a black screen. 

The Smart Share application apparently doesn't allow you to share files from the TV onto a USB (or any other) drive.  That's not very smart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By Batman
      I have a LG 43QNED756RA AEK Smart TV 
      If I go to General -> Programmes -> Programme Manager -> Edit All Programmes, I only get the options to Lock/Unlock and Skip/Restore
      So I cannot Move or Edit Program Numbers or Delete
      Any help and comments would be appreciated

• By News Reporter
      SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 2, 2024 – 
      link hidden, please login to view, LG Electronics’ North America Center for Innovation, will feature a range of startups from its “Mission For the Future” program in its Eureka Park showcase at CES 2024, one of the largest tech event in the world. The showcase, taking place January 9-12 in Las Vegas, will be a unique exhibition of companies working with LG NOVA to help “build a brighter tomorrow together.”  The exhibiting startups vary from digital health and future tech to cleantech and the smart life, mirroring LG NOVA’s focal areas for building new ventures to create a positive impact on people and the planet. Visiting attendees will be able to experience interactive product demos and learn about the companies’ mission-driven approach to innovating for a better life.   
      “LG NOVA is committed to building a brighter future by supporting innovative companies working to do good,” said Sokwoo Rhee, Head of LG NOVA and Executive Vice President of Innovation at LG Electronics. “Our exhibit at CES showcases our collaboration with startups and those across the innovation industry to create and build new businesses for the future. We invite all interested in joining our mission to transform the future to visit us at CES to learn more about how they can work with LG.” 
      Companies participating in LG NOVA’s showcase include: 
      – Integrates immersive XR technology, licensed clinicians, and advanced data analytics on one platform, providing a comprehensive therapeutic care solution for patients to receive treatment from the comfort of their homes.   – A sensor-based technology platform that can use a camera in patient-owned devices to virtually capture health and biological readings to assist doctors in enhancing medical diagnosis and treatment effectiveness.   – Health tech company on a mission to innovate AI-powered software for the early detection and monitoring of retinal and neurological conditions.  – A startup that recycles plastic waste into furniture and also water, fire and heat resistant bricks used to build low cost houses and to address homelessness housing deficit.  – An AI software platform with emotional intelligence technology that enables more human-like interactions and improved personalization.  – AI-based avatar creation and chatbot linkage solution used in various industries.  – Leverages the power of augmented reality and AI to create a personal expert for everyone.  – Where play meets potential through AI-driven immersive edutainment platform and robotics to transform childhood learning. – Provides greater digital accessibility to people with disabilities. Its Key-X, a multifunctional Smart Keyboard enables people with motor limitations to fully control a computer and other digital devices. LG NOVA collaborates with startups and partners to build innovative ventures that have a positive impact on people and the planet. Through its Mission for the Future and Commercial Acceleration Programs, LG NOVA drives the growth of innovative ideas across the ecosystem to create transformational positive change in the world. LG NOVA is now accepting applications for its program. Companies interested in learning more can go to .  
      # # #

• By JayDee
      With so few apps available, I find the need to use the janky included browser. It's bad enough but having to type in my account AND password every time? I love that the apps I *can* download work great -- even when I'm at the end of my data plan and everything is hampered by the slower speed!
      You'd think something called "WebOS" would work with.. the web... a little more reliably. Let us download JioPages, OpenBrowser, SOMETHING that makes our TVs easier to use.
    • By News Reporter
      2024 UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor Lineup Introduces Pixel Sound Technology,
      Delivering Clear, Cinematic Audio That Brings a New Dimension to Gaming

SEOUL, Dec. 21, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to unveil its latest lineup of UltraGear OLED gaming monitors, designed to provide superior gaming experiences. The expanded lineup includes the highly anticipated 32-inch 4K gaming monitor (model 32GS95UE), which boasts a 240Hz refresh rate, an ultra-fast 0.03ms Gray-to-Gray (GtG) response time, and LG’s Dual-Hz feature and Pixel Sound technology. The company is also introducing stellar 39- and 34-inch models with ultra-wide curved screens: the 39GS95QE and the CES 2024 Innovation Award-winning 34GS95QE.
      The First Dual-Hz Gaming Monitor to Offer 4K 240Hz / FHD 480Hz
      The groundbreaking 32GS95UE is the first UltraGear monitor equipped with the new Dual-Hz feature, allowing users to switch between 4K (3,840 x 2,160) at 240Hz and Full-HD (1,920 x 1,080) at 480Hz with one simple click. This time-saving innovation, easily managed via a hotkey or joystick’s directional switch, lets users instantly apply the optimal combination of screen resolution and refresh rate for the genre of game they’re playing. For fast-paced action titles and shooting games, users can select FHD 480Hz, while visually rich story-driven games can be enjoyed in 4K 240Hz.
      In addition to the Dual-Hz feature, the 32-inch UltraGear OLED possesses an impressive 0.03ms (GtG) response time that helps eliminate motion blur, boost clarity and deliver dynamic gameplay. This, combined with the exceptional color and contrast that LG’s self-lit OLED technology is known for, takes the visual experience to a whole new level.
      The 32GS95UE further enhances the user experience with its minimal screen bezels and powerful, nuanced sound. LG’s 4-side virtually borderless design provides a stunning display that doesn’t distract from the on-screen action. The monitor creates an exhilarating, three-dimensional soundscape with Pixel Sound technology and an integrated front-facing sound system featuring two woofers and support for DTS Virtual:X. The speakers are cleverly hidden behind the OLED panel itself, eliminating the need for external speakers and saving valuable desk space.
      Elevating Gaming Immersion Through Innovative Design
      The CES 2024 Innovation Award-winning 34-inch 34GS95QE and its larger sibling, the 39-inch 39GS95QE, expand the gaming experience with their 800R-curved, 21:9 aspect ratio UltraWide Quad-HD (3,440 x 1,440) resolution OLED displays. Elevating user immersion, these panoramic monitors also feature LG’s Anti-Glare & Low Reflection Coating, a 4-side borderless design, 240Hz refresh rate and 0.03ms (GtG) response time. The 800R curvature and cinematic 21:9 format of the 34GS95QE and 39GS95QE, together with LG’s OLED display tech, add a new dimension to gaming and content viewing.
      The latest LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitors also incorporate the new Unity Hexagonal design rear cover, seamlessly integrating sleek aesthetics with efficient cable management. The slim ‘L’ Stand, introduced this year, offers ergonomic benefits, stability and space-efficiency. Along with tilt-, height-, pivot-, and swivel-adjustability, the stand has a smaller footprint than 2023’s V-shaped stand, helping to free up space and increase desk usability. The stylish and functional stand also provides installation flexibility and contributes to the monitors’ unapologetically futuristic look.
      More Models to Meet Gamers’ Diverse Demands
      Along with the new 32-incher, and the 34- and 39-inch curved models, LG’s 2024 UltraGear OLED gaming monitor lineup welcomes two 45-inch monitors and a 27-inch monitor (models 45GS95QE, 45GS96QB and 27GS95QE). These upgraded versions of the highly acclaimed 45GR95QE and 27GR95QE further enhance the UltraGear family, delivering the exceptional gaming experience that LG’s premium gaming monitor brand is known for. With high refresh rates, fast response times and outstanding picture quality, these monitors meet the expectations of discerning consumers. Additionally, all three models are VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400 certified, offering high-brightness screens that produce deep blacks and enhance the depth and detail in darker game environments.
      A strong performer, the 45-inch 45GS96QB takes users deeper into their favorite games; its UltraWide QHD resolution curved (800R) OLED display and built-in speakers ensuring realistic visuals and sound. Meanwhile, the 27GS95QE is a great option for smaller spaces, providing a 27-inch flat screen OLED display with all the specifications and features needed for next-level gaming.
      “LG’s new lineup of UltraGear OLED gaming monitors elevates the gaming experience with groundbreaking technologies and a variety of sizes and form factors,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG is dedicated to leading the gaming monitor segment and meeting gamers’ needs, designing innovative products that deliver a deeply satisfying visual and audio performance.”
      To learn more about the new UltraGear OLED gaming monitors, visit LG.com US starting this month.
      Specifications:
      LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (32GS95UE)
      LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (39GS95QE)
      LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (34GS95QE)
      Display Type OLED (anti-glare low reflection (AGLR))
      OLED (anti-glare low reflection (AGLR))
      Screen Size 32-inch 39-inch 34-inch Aspect Ratio 16:9 21:9 21:9 Resolution 3,840 x 2,160 3,440 x 1,440 3,440 x 1,440 Color Gamut DCI-P3 98.5% DCI-P3 98.5% DCI-P3 98.5% Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1,500,000:1 1,500,000:1 1,500,000:1 Refresh Rate (Max.) 240Hz 240Hz 240Hz Response Time 0.03ms GtG 0.03ms GtG 0.03ms GtG Curvature – 800R 800R HDR VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400 Adaptive Sync

G-SYNC Compatible FreeSync Premium Pro Connectivity

HDMI 2.1 x2 DisplayPort 1.4 x1 4-pole headphone out (DTS Headphone:X) Speaker Yes (Pixel Sound Technology + Woofer)
      No No Stand Tilt Tilt Tilt Height Height Height Swivel Swivel Swivel Pivot – –  
        LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (45GS95QE)
      LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (45GS96QB)
      LG UltraGear OLED Gaming Monitor (27GS95QE)
      Display Type OLED (anti-glare low reflection (AGLR))
      Screen Size 44.5-inch 44.5-inch 26.5-inch Aspect Ratio 21:9 21:9 16:9 Resolution 3,440 x 1,440 3,440 x 1,440 2,560 x 1,440 Color Gamut DCI-P3 98.5% DCI-P3 98.5% DCI-P3 98.5% Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1,500,000:1 1,500,000:1 1,500,000:1 Refresh Rate (Max.) 240Hz 240Hz 240Hz Response Time 0.03ms GtG 0.03ms GtG 0.03ms GtG Curvature 800R 800R – HDR VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400 Adaptive Sync G-SYNC Compatible FreeSync Premium Pro Connectivity HDMI 2.1 x2 DisplayPort 1.4 x1 – USB-C 65W – 4-pole headphone out (DTS Headphone:X) Speaker No Yes No Stand Tilt Tilt Tilt Height Height Height Swivel Swivel Swivel – – Pivot # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content