Quantcast

[Feature Request] File Manager and...

MinoDc

Hi to all.

I recently purchased a lg tv with web os. On the old TV was using an external media player (wd live tv). Now I wanted to directly connect the USB disk to the TV.

Unfortunately, I can not do it, because, to my regret, the web os does not have a file manager So I can not copy, move, or do anything on the external drive, no do not connect it to the PC first.

I ask is you are putting a file manager, so you can manage files between USB devices connected.

In addition to, if possible, add an icon to each file (movie) already seen.

What do you think

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Yes, the web OS definitely needs a simple, easy-to-use file manager.

I've been trying to copy a screenshot taken on my LG Smart TV to a USB drive, so that I could upload it.  Unfortunately, the only way I've found to do this is by opening the file in the LG Photo Edit program, and then saving it to the drive - and this is less than optimal since the screenshot comes across as a small clip on a black screen. 

The Smart Share application apparently doesn't allow you to share files from the TV onto a USB (or any other) drive.  That's not very smart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mr.porter
      Hello 
      Question about new LG WebOS tv's, anyone noticed when pausing live TV ( live playback) on Webos 5.3 ( GX ) that recording is reset when changing channels. 
      Meaning if you have paused tv and then changed the channel the playback recording is lost / reset to 0 minutes.
      I've have two LG tv's before the GX that didn't do this current this have one.
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By Raato
      How can I clear the LG TV (UM7600PLB / os. 05.10.25) cache?
      I don't mean any particular app or browser but the whole TV cache. The cache contains incorrect data.
      The data is cached because the factory settings do not help. I know you have to have the kind of script that does it.
    • By Sam Athans
      Hi,
      I have just upgraded from an LG 06LF6300 TV to an LG OLED65C1PTB. On my old TV I could pause live TV for up to 90 minutes and replay at a later stage. 
      Can anyone advise if this feature is available on the LG OLED65C1PTB.
      Thanks 
      Sam
    • By mcored
      Yesterday, I connected my 2 TB external HDD formatted as exFAT to my 55" webOS TV to realise that it was not reading - turns out that the TV does not support exFAT. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Deepraj T
      I hope LG check this forum.
      Powerful Browser App like Google Chrome that is able to play videos of Amazon Prime, the default browser  is like Kids play, taking ages to load. Able to control streaming quality in apps like Prime Video, Hotstar, NetFlix, Sunnxt etc., i do not understand how hard for any developer to put this feature in app, I think  WebOS SDK expose this to developer to provide this feature. File Explorer that allow us to store data in TV Wifi file Transfer App like ShareIT(Android) More Apps(MX Player, Jio Tv, Jio Cinema, Airtel Xtreme,  VLC Player etc.....)... i feel the most apps available in the content store are crap and useless  Actually i did not do much research before purchasing UK6360PTE TV, I never expected this much difference from Android TV, i do not know how LG even thinking to compete with this WebOS , because people are getting intelligent and do research before purchase of a TV. they definitely find Android TVs more feature rich.

• By chupo_cro
      While in the Satellite mode channel moving works as expected, in the Antenna mode the Move command performs 'swap' rather than 'move'. Example:

Satellite mode:
      1. Ch 1     2. Ch 2
      3. Ch 3     4. Ch 4
      5. Ch 5     6. Ch 6
      7. Ch 7     8. Ch 8

After moving 5 to 2:

1. Ch 1     2. Ch 5
      3. Ch 2     4. Ch 3
      5. Ch 4     6. Ch 6
      7. Ch 7     8. Ch 8
      As expected.

Antenna mode:
      1. Ch 1     2. Ch 2
      3. Ch 3     4. Ch 4
      5. Ch 5     6. Ch 6
      7. Ch 7     8. Ch 8

After moving 5 to 2:

1. Ch 1     2. Ch 5
      3. Ch 3     4. Ch 4
      5. Ch 2     6. Ch 6
      7. Ch 7     8. Ch 8
      Wrong!

Can anyone confirm the behavior?

It is very frustrating to organize the channels when 'swap' is performed instead of 'move'. Moving just one single channel requires multiple swaps so the Move command for sure has to behave as in the Satellite mode.

LG 42LB650V
      FW: 04.30.16
      webOS: 1.3.0-3216(afro-arches)