Quantcast

More Useful Apps like Google Chrome, flash support, stream quality control

Deepraj T

I hope LG check this forum.

• Powerful Browser App like Google Chrome that is able to play videos of Amazon Prime, the default browser  is like Kids play, taking ages to load.
  • Able to control streaming quality in apps like Prime Video, Hotstar, NetFlix, Sunnxt etc., i do not understand how hard for any developer to put this feature in app, I think  WebOS SDK expose this to developer to provide this feature.
  • File Explorer that allow us to store data in TV
  • Wifi file Transfer App like ShareIT(Android)
  • More Apps(MX Player, Jio Tv, Jio Cinema, Airtel Xtreme,  VLC Player etc.....)... i feel the most apps available in the content store are crap and useless

Actually i did not do much research before purchasing UK6360PTE TV, I never expected this much difference from Android TV, i do not know how LG even thinking to compete with this WebOS , because people are getting intelligent and do research before purchase of a TV. they definitely find Android TVs more feature rich.

• Like 1

Porting Google Chrome to another platform isn't really possible, the code is closed-source. I think what you mean is it's open-source counterpart, Chromium... Which is already what the browser uses under the hood, as far as I know. The issue is, it's a super out-of-date version. If the TV can run the old version, there's no reason it can't run the new version. LG needs to update it.

Flash player is definitely not going to happen though... It's officially dead as of 2020... Even Google Chrome and Firefox will be removing it.

A better File Explorer actually would be very nice. Storing files on the TV and being able to change those ugly ass default no-signal wallpapers like you can on a Chromecast would be a godsend IMO.

As for the app selection, it is pretty poor, but most of the essentials are there. VLC Player would be real nice and could definitely be ported to the TV since it is ARM Linux based... Too bad LG doesn't allow app developers direct access to the OS, making such a port impossible! The only way a VLC Player could be ported is if someone finds a way to jailbreak the TV, iPhone-style... And I really hope that happens.

Btw see my related topic about the browser needing updating here:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JonoW
      Has anyone else had the same problem as me regarding the 'like' button on the YouTube app on my Oled77g7v? There is a thumbs up button and a thumbs down button for each video. These icons are supposed to be just an outline unless you click on them and then they fill in to show you have selected them. However, this no longer works on my TV. It is as if you never clicked. In fact, the 'like' icon is always pre_filled, no matter what I do. This used to work properly and it still works correctly on a Sony TV I have. Any ideas would be very welcome! 
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By News Reporter
      Features Seamless Integration With LG StanbyME Screens’ UX/UI and Sound System
      to Enhance Home Entertainment or Works Effectively as a Highly Portable Speaker

SEOUL, Mar. 8, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the global launch of the LG StanbyME Speaker (model XT7S), the company’s latest portable speaker which works in harmony with an LG StanbyME lifestyle screen or as a standalone speaker that can be taken anywhere.
      Designed to enrich both indoor and outdoor entertainment, LG StanbyME Speaker’s compelling audio quality and remarkable versatility caters to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of today’s users. Ideal for design-conscious individuals who relish streaming content and music at home or on the go, this speaker hit the market in Korea and the U.S. and will be made available in more regions later.
      Engineered to offer the complete entertainment experience when combined with a StanbyME screen, this speaker features seamless, intuitive pairing and control through the remote control that comes with the StanbyME screen. This allows users to effortlessly toggle their speaker and screen on and off with a single press, while also seamlessly connecting them via Bluetooth. LG StanbyME also boasts a dedicated widget with convenient one-stop control center and an overview of the speaker’s status.
      To further elevate audio-visual pleasure through audio quality, LG StanbyME Speaker’s WOW Orchestra feature combines it with the StanbyME screen’s built-in audio system, creating a unified audio setup and delivering an outstanding sound experience. What’s more, LG StanbyME’s α (Alpha) 7 Gen 6 AI processor optimizes sound by content type, while the 20-millimeter dual tweeters on the StanbyME speaker deliver clear, highly detailed high frequency stereo sound. The dual passive radiator on this speaker also creates deeper, more compelling bass.
      Offering multifaceted versatility, the all-new StanbyME speaker can seamlessly complement the StanbyME screen or be used as a standalone speaker anywhere, providing users with the remarkable level of flexibility that serves all their sound entertainment needs. Thanks to a dedicated cradle, the speaker attaches to LG StanbyME effortlessly, allowing users to place it in the perfect position for enhanced sound.
      Moreover, with an IPX5 rating and up to 16 hours of playback, this portable speaker ensures consistent audio performance everywhere they go. With its compact and lightweight body (78-millimeter height, 326-millimeter width, 87-millimeter depth and 0.9 kilograms), LG StanbyME Speaker can be carried from one place to another with ease, while its ‘edge lighting’ feature offers eye-pleasing lighting effects that add a subtle yet visually captivating element to lift the mood and atmosphere of any setting or occasion.
      LG StanbyME Speaker is currently available from LG.com website in Korea and the U.S. and is scheduled to roll out in other major markets worldwide.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By imadous
      Hi everyone, 
      I wish LG would consider updating their Codecs list or at least give us a way of installing this codecs in our TV manually. i know my TV is capable of playing a lot of stuff but i'm always stuck with "not supported" for most of the media i have. 
      One of the most wished stuff i'd love to see is 
      Added support for H.264 10bit (still very popular and used a lot) 
      as well as Opus codecs (its a Free codec and its getting a lot use recently especially with H.265 MKV videos) 
      Like i said, please add this codecs and more or at least give us a way of doing it ourselves. i know there might be legal issues and some codecs are payed, so just let us install it ourselves instead. 
      Thanks. 

• By News Reporter
      Coming to Earlier LG Smart TV Models, webOS Re:New Program Gives More Users
      Access to the Elevated Home Entertainment Experience Most Recent Platform Provides

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that it is offering the latest upgrade* of the webOS smart TV platform to owners of older LG Smart TVs, effectively evolving their smart TV into the ultimate home entertainment hub.
      In early 2024, the webOS Re:New program will bring the latest webOS upgrade to every model in LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup, LG OLED Flex, LG OLED Objet Collection Posé as well as LG’s 2022 QNED Mini LED 8K (QNED99/95 series), promising users the joy of a new TV experience for the next five years. This upgrade will be extended to more LG TVs worldwide in the future to add more entertainment and versatility to the TV experience across the world.
      With the latest version of webOS, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy an even more personalized TV experience with a Home Screen that greets users with recommendations according to their tastes. The user interface is highly customizable, which means viewers can personalize the selection of content and services and access them with even greater ease. And to make the process even more seamless, the Quick Card UI intuitively sorts diverse content and services into categories like music, games and sports within a user-centric interface that resembles mobile user interface design.
      What’s more, courtesy of advanced security technology and an optimized operating system, users are protected with a high level of stability, security and seamlessness throughout the entire viewing experience.
      With more LG Smart TVs adopting the latest webOS upgrade, content providers and service developers will have more opportunities to spread new content, services and features to a wider audience.
      LG has shared its bold vision to become a media and entertainment platform, a business transformation that will enrich customers’ lives by delivering valuable services and a unique collection of curated content across its wide-ranging products. Powering more than 200 million LG Smart TVs worldwide, webOS will continue to evolve through significant upgrades to constantly revolutionize the customer experience. LG is poised to invest heavily in its webOS business to secure a vast library of content and services so that it can cater to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of consumers, strengthening its competitive edge in content selection and convenience.
      “Demonstrated by the constant improvement to the webOS platform’s UX and UI, LG is firmly dedicated to elevating convenience and security, ensuring that users benefit from a hassle-free and secure experience when using our products,” said Baik Seon-pill, leader of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Planning Division. “We strive to provide life-enriching experiences for our customers by delivering a wide range of content and services on our TVs.”
      The LG Home Entertainment Company’s latest innovations will be on show at CES 2024 from January 9-12 at the LG booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with all of LG’s exciting announcements at CES, visit
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #
      * Pop-up notifications offering a full upgrade without the need to select specific UX, UI or features are only sent to customers who have agreed to receive them. Please note that this upgrade does not cover the TV’s hardware performance, features or durability.

• Similar Tagged Content