Quantcast

More Useful Apps like Google Chrome, flash support, stream quality control

Deepraj T

I hope LG check this forum.

• Powerful Browser App like Google Chrome that is able to play videos of Amazon Prime, the default browser  is like Kids play, taking ages to load.
  • Able to control streaming quality in apps like Prime Video, Hotstar, NetFlix, Sunnxt etc., i do not understand how hard for any developer to put this feature in app, I think  WebOS SDK expose this to developer to provide this feature.
  • File Explorer that allow us to store data in TV
  • Wifi file Transfer App like ShareIT(Android)
  • More Apps(MX Player, Jio Tv, Jio Cinema, Airtel Xtreme,  VLC Player etc.....)... i feel the most apps available in the content store are crap and useless

Actually i did not do much research before purchasing UK6360PTE TV, I never expected this much difference from Android TV, i do not know how LG even thinking to compete with this WebOS , because people are getting intelligent and do research before purchase of a TV. they definitely find Android TVs more feature rich.

• Like 1

Porting Google Chrome to another platform isn't really possible, the code is closed-source. I think what you mean is it's open-source counterpart, Chromium... Which is already what the browser uses under the hood, as far as I know. The issue is, it's a super out-of-date version. If the TV can run the old version, there's no reason it can't run the new version. LG needs to update it.

Flash player is definitely not going to happen though... It's officially dead as of 2020... Even Google Chrome and Firefox will be removing it.

A better File Explorer actually would be very nice. Storing files on the TV and being able to change those ugly ass default no-signal wallpapers like you can on a Chromecast would be a godsend IMO.

As for the app selection, it is pretty poor, but most of the essentials are there. VLC Player would be real nice and could definitely be ported to the TV since it is ARM Linux based... Too bad LG doesn't allow app developers direct access to the OS, making such a port impossible! The only way a VLC Player could be ported is if someone finds a way to jailbreak the TV, iPhone-style... And I really hope that happens.

Btw see my related topic about the browser needing updating here: