Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ewen

Bookmark locations on a DLNA server

6 posts in this topic

It would be super handy to have the ability to create a bookmark (a tab on the home menu) to make it easy to return to any location on a DLNA server. It has taken weeks to discover the folder browsing option hidden in Smart Share, but it still requires drilling down through the nested folders to get to the good stuff. A bookmarking feature once you're in a folder would be awesome.

E

1 person likes this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Wouldn't it be more practical to have a "Pictures" hub, where you can add "paths" where the pictures are stored. And when you add a path the Pictures app aggregates all picture media from that folder, and present it as a folder structure? Isn't that better than adding shortcuts to UNC-paths on the start menu?

I haven't played much with the pictures functionality on the TV, but the way you describe through smartshare sounds very complicated and not something you want to do every single time you want to access your media...

/H

I guess it depends what you want the DLNA functionality for. If you're browsing a photo library then I'd agree. 

In my case I just want to jump to my video library on the DLNA server, and I'm happy to drop a tile into the existing array of quick links. The pieces are all there, just needs a little code to make it functional.

E

Wouldn't it be more practical to have a "Pictures" hub, where you can add "paths" where the pictures are stored. And when you add a path the Pictures app aggregates all picture media from that folder, and present it as a folder structure? Isn't that better than adding shortcuts to UNC-paths on the start menu?

I haven't played much with the pictures functionality on the TV, but the way you describe through smartshare sounds very complicated and not something you want to do every single time you want to access your media...

/H

I agree! Just got my LG TV with webos yesterday, and I'm amazed how hard it is to browse to my movies location on my dlna server. It's basically, select SmartShare, select dlna server, select All, select View Type (as it doesn't save your preference), select By Folder, only then can I start navigating the dlna folder structure. Painful!

On my 2013 LG TV (sans webos), it used to show up under Inputs, so it was very quick (as it also remembered the view type) to get too. If they could add dlna servers to the inputs launcher, that would be great!

DLNA bookmarks directly on home dock

direct access

Remember last viewed position of movie