Quantcast

LG Releases Connect SDK

ConnectSDK.JPG

Connect SDK is an open source framework that connects your mobile apps with multiple TV platforms. Because most TV platforms support a variety of protocols, Connect SDK integrates and abstracts the discovery and connectivity between all supported protocols.

To discover supported platforms and protocols, Connect SDK uses SSDP to discover services such as DIAL, DLNA, UDAP, and Roku's External Control Guide (ECG). Connect SDK also supports ZeroConf to discover devices such as Chromecast. Even while supporting multiple discovery protocols, Connect SDK is able to generate one unified list of discovered devices from the same network.

To communicate with discovered devices, Connect SDK integrates support for protocols such as DLNA, DIAL, SSAP, ECG, Chromecast, UDAP, and webOS second screen protocol. Connect SDK intelligently picks which protocol to use depending on the feature being used.

For example, when connecting to a 2013 LG Smart TV, Connect SDK uses DLNA for media playback, DIAL for YouTube launching, and UDAP for system controls. On Roku, media playback and system controls are made available through ECG, and YouTube launching through DIAL. On Chromecast, media playback occurs through the Cast protocol and YouTube is launched via DIAL.

To support the aforementioned use case without Connect SDK, a developer would need to implement DIAL, ECG, Chromecast, and DLNA in their app. With Connect SDK, discovering the three devices is handled for you. Furthermore, the method calls between each protocol is abstracted. That means you can use one method call to beam a video to Roku, 3 generations of LG Smart TVs, and Chromecast....

post-2-0-52723100-1397793453_thumb.jpg

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• 5 years later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will you build a app for the Silicondust HDHomerun to interface with the LG WebOS? I will pay for it.

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RobNBill
      Since this update the Apple TV 4K can no longer connect to Dolby via HDMI.  Immediately prior to this update - it worked.
      Now, if you attempot to connect and set it to Dolby - the screen flashes the Apple TV screen on and off - it can't stabilze.
      This happened immdeiately after the update.  
      Can I revert back to the prior software?  Or, can you send me a version that does not have this issue.
    • By maxou
      Hello,
      Is it possible to add the driver for external usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters  in the firmware to support them and get more network bandwith like on the oled TV C9 and CX (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgJUUNCsHao) to give to the product the ability to play 4K hdr mkv remux of high bit rate blurays without stuttering (like gemini man or billy lynn for example streamed from Plex server with giga network) ? If you play the same file on direct attached usb drive, no stuttering at all and it's ultra fast to load and fast forward for example.
      It already supports external usb2 FastEthernet adapters with ASIX AX88772 chipset and work well on both type A and type C ports, I have tested it, but it is also a 100Mbit/s adapter like the integrated one, so same bandwith, and stuttering is always here.
      The driver that need to be added to the firmware is the one for the usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset like on oled C9 and CX, but no luck, at least with firmware 3.0.0.8 it is not supported, eihter with type A  ports or with the type C port (I have tested both, RJ45 leds stay OFF, the same with a power usb 3 hub in between, driver not included in the firmware).
      I have also tesed usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter with realtek RT L8153 chipset, wich is seems to be supported on older oled C7 and C8, but it is also not supported (blinking leds this time but no connection, driver not included in the firmware).
      This is very frustrating for a 1800$ product !
    • By bayness0
      It would be good to see the BKOOL and Zwift simulators running directly on the TV>
    • By sivakumar183
      hello sir in my Lg content store there is no premium apps option to add apps . Only three apps showing in my lg content store there is no options to add more apps
    • By DiandalScotland
      Just bought a new 65 inch freeview/freesat LG TV
      Lovely...   mmm
      No All 4.  No My 5   No STV Player    Can these be loaded any other way ?  Why can't LG put them in their store? 
      No record as TV doesn't have a memory drive preloaded despite it claiming could record 
      Nightmare navigation on web with remote.  Can a mouse be used instead.? 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Vetald
      tell me what the problem is, nanocell 916, in the dolby vision format, the image flickers. in other modes this is not the case. video enclosed,.
    • By Vetald
      what's new for tv in this update? Does it need to be installed or will it degrade the software capabilities of the TV?
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME...