Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

[Feature Request] File Manager and...

File Manager CUT copy paste move Seen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MinoDc

MinoDc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi to all.
I recently purchased a lg tv with web os. On the old TV was using an external media player (wd live tv). Now I wanted to directly connect the USB disk to the TV.
Unfortunately, I can not do it, because, to my regret, the web os does not have a file manager So I can not copy, move, or do anything on the external drive, no do not connect it to the PC first.

I ask is you are putting a file manager, so you can manage files between USB devices connected.
In addition to, if possible, add an icon to each file (movie) already seen.

What do you think

#2 Mango

Mango

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted December 18, 2014 - 05:30 AM

Yes, add file manager support

#3 abasu1979

abasu1979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 03:26 AM

Yes, the web OS definitely needs a simple, easy-to-use file manager.

I've been trying to copy a screenshot taken on my LG Smart TV to a USB drive, so that I could upload it.  Unfortunately, the only way I've found to do this is by opening the file in the LG Photo Edit program, and then saving it to the drive - and this is less than optimal since the screenshot comes across as a small clip on a black screen. 

The Smart Share application apparently doesn't allow you to share files from the TV onto a USB (or any other) drive.  That's not very smart.

#4 451422

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 02:59 PM

How about rooting so the piece of shit webos can be replaced?

#5 stregas

stregas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 02:09 PM

Our tv's need a good file manager. I don't understand the use of an OS, if you can't do simple things like copy delete etc.

Please add this feature in the next update.

#6 Sherif Hamed Ahmad

Sherif Hamed Ahmad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 23, 2015 - 03:04 PM

This is too bad we need to use the media from and to the TV .

#7 kwamedan

kwamedan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 05, 2015 - 03:23 AM

Hi Guys,

is there a way to manage file on LG webos or an app i can install that can do that? all the apps i see are games.

#8 albertguedes

albertguedes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 06, 2015 - 11:03 AM

You know, we need is a good term emulator for use with webos. I think in a adaptation of wterm that i use in HP Touchpad and my old HP pre3

Enviado de meu A0001 usando Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: File Manager, CUT, copy, paste, move, Seen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users