Quantcast

LG Tidal App randomly cuts playing music

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having problems with playing all content using the Tidal app on my LG C16LA OLED

Yesterday, I sent the E-mail below to Tidal asking what the problem is and when it will be resolved.

"<<<  TIDAL APP FOR LG C1 TELEVISIONS IS BROKEN AND HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY SINCE IT WAS RELEASED >>>

Dear Tidal,

As a Tidal HiFi customer I would like to complain about the broken and unusable Tidal app brought out earlier this year for my 55" LG C16LA OLED television.  Please note that this problem seems to be specific to the LG C1 OLED model released in 2021.

link hidden, please login to view

Every track selected and played on the Tidal app for my 55" LG C16LA OLED television, and it makes no difference as to which track I select to play, stops playing at exactly 30 seconds before the end of the track.  The sound cuts out and the track cannot be restarted without closing the app and restarting it.  Even after restarting the app, every track selected to play stops playing again at precisely 30 seconds before the end of the track.  This is unacceptable and makes the Tidal app on my 55" LG C16LA OLED television unusable.  The fact that I am paying €19.99 a month for this unusable and broken app is an absolute insult.

A quick look on the internet shows that I am not the only LG C1 television owner experiencing this problem with the shabbily supported and completely broken Tidal app for LG C1 televisions. 

https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/7692-lg-tidal-app-randomly-cuts-playing-music/?tab=comments#comment-23247 

Why are all tracks stopping 30 seconds before the end of the track?   I informed Tidal about this problem in June 2021 and, as yet, nothing has been done by Tidal to resolve the issue.

There is no point in asking me to send Tidal a list of tracks that it happens on.  It happens on every single track selected, every time.  Completely uninstalling the app then reinstalling the app has no effect on this behaviour, neither does resetting my entire home network, setting up a static IP for the TV or changing DNS servers.  My television is connected to a stable 300Mbps cable internet connection via a Cat6a ethernet cable and no proxy servers are being used.  The problem also occurs when using either 2.4 or 5Ghz Wi-Fi connections to connect the TV to the internet.

The Tidal app on my 55" LG C1 OLED is the only app that does not function properly.  All other streaming apps work optimally and without a hitch.  This ongoing problem and the non -existent fix from Tidal is certainly no advert for the company. 

When will this now ridiculous situation be resolved by Tidal's 'technical experts'?

Regards,"

3 minutes ago, Kenshin said:

This is also happening to me on my LG C1 OLED TV. This app is too expensive to have literally every single track stop/pause before finishing.

It's highly frustrating isn't it.  I haven't had a reply from Tidal yet.  When I do I'll post it here.  The current Tidal app on the LG C1 is broken and has never worked properly on my C1.

I have received the reply below from Tidal.  How long it will take them to release any fix is anyones guess.

TIDAL Support (TIDAL)

Sep 20, 2021, 5:22 PM EDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to TIDAL Support.  My name is Abbe and I am happy to assist you with your request.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your LG Tv.

Our developers are already aware of this issue and they are working to resolve it.

They aim to have a fix out as soon as they can for the LG TV's. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Please to keep an eye out for any updates to the TIDAL app on TV in the meantime. 

If you have any other questions or problems please don't hesitate to email us back.

Have a great day!

For answers to FAQs and more visit

Best Regards,
Abbe
TIDAL Member Support

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same on my C1. Yesterday I submitted ticket to Tidal support with the issue description. Here is the answer which I got:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL Support.  My name is Pepsi and I am happy to assist you with your LG request.

Our tech team and developers are aware of the issue with the LG Oled Tv.

Please know our teams are working on this matter as a priority! It's still in the process of being fixed and we do aim to have a fix out soon.

We appreciate your patience and understanding until it is resolved.

Please reach back out to us if you need any further assistance.

Have a great day! Thank you for using TIDAL! 

For answers to FAQs and more visit 

Musically Yours,
Pepsi
TIDAL Member Support

Looks kinda similar to the answer posted several posts above (Sep 20, 2021), isn't it?

Best regards,
Piotr

That LG still allows customers to download this already known to be broken Tidal app from the LG App Store is a complete insult.  Tidal should have it's broken and deliberately unfixed, sub-par app immediately removed from the LG App Store.  It's obvious that Tidal either has no interest in fixing it or the company is utterly incompetent at developing properly working apps for LG TV's.  The problems surrounding this app were reported more tha 6 months ago!

Get it fixed or get rid of it.

Guys, it looks that our requests have been heard! My LG65C11 updated Tidal to the latest version - in particular to TODAY'S build: 2022-02-09-30-3042....5502e and after my very initial tests it looks that these issues with cutting songs are finally resolved!

25e6cb4b-bb74-49ae-a59c-7aacc2dbfea2.jpg

On 9/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, Kenshin said:

This is also happening to me on my LG C1 OLED TV. This app is too expensive to have literally every single track stop/pause before finishing.

This issue is now resolved.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:38 PM, HPDeskjet said:

I am also having problems with playing all content using the Tidal app on my LG C16LA OLED. 

Yesterday, I sent the E-mail below to Tidal asking what the problem is and when it will be resolved.

"<<<  TIDAL APP FOR LG C1 TELEVISIONS IS BROKEN AND HAS NEVER WORKED PROPERLY SINCE IT WAS RELEASED >>>

Dear Tidal,

As a Tidal HiFi customer I would like to complain about the broken and unusable Tidal app brought out earlier this year for my 55" LG C16LA OLED television.  Please note that this problem seems to be specific to the LG C1 OLED model released in 2021.

Every track selected and played on the Tidal app for my 55" LG C16LA OLED television, and it makes no difference as to which track I select to play, stops playing at exactly 30 seconds before the end of the track.  The sound cuts out and the track cannot be restarted without closing the app and restarting it.  Even after restarting the app, every track selected to play stops playing again at precisely 30 seconds before the end of the track.  This is unacceptable and makes the Tidal app on my 55" LG C16LA OLED television unusable.  The fact that I am paying €19.99 a month for this unusable and broken app is an absolute insult.

A quick look on the internet shows that I am not the only LG C1 television owner experiencing this problem with the shabbily supported and completely broken Tidal app for LG C1 televisions. 

https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/7692-lg-tidal-app-randomly-cuts-playing-music/?tab=comments#comment-23247 

Why are all tracks stopping 30 seconds before the end of the track?   I informed Tidal about this problem in June 2021 and, as yet, nothing has been done by Tidal to resolve the issue.

There is no point in asking me to send Tidal a list of tracks that it happens on.  It happens on every single track selected, every time.  Completely uninstalling the app then reinstalling the app has no effect on this behaviour, neither does resetting my entire home network, setting up a static IP for the TV or changing DNS servers.  My television is connected to a stable 300Mbps cable internet connection via a Cat6a ethernet cable and no proxy servers are being used.  The problem also occurs when using either 2.4 or 5Ghz Wi-Fi connections to connect the TV to the internet.

The Tidal app on my 55" LG C1 OLED is the only app that does not function properly.  All other streaming apps work optimally and without a hitch.  This ongoing problem and the non -existent fix from Tidal is certainly no advert for the company. 

When will this now ridiculous situation be resolved by Tidal's 'technical experts'?

Regards,"

This issue is now resolved.

This issue does indeed seem to have been resolved with the update which was released on 9 February 2022.  That said, it should never have taken this amount of time for Tidal to get it's act together and resolve the problem.  The amount of time it's taken Tidal to get an issue it's been aware of for longer than 6 months resolved certainly deserves no praise from it's paying customers. 

3 minutes ago, HPDeskjet said:

This issue does indeed seem to have been resolved with the update which was released on 9 February 2022.  That said, it should never have taken this amount of time for Tidal to get it's act together and resolve the problem.  The amount of time it's taken Tidal to get an issue it's been aware of for longer than 6 months resolved certainly deserves no praise from it's paying customers. 

Hi, I totally agree with you. I had been in talks with them from the day I posted this here. Their support team would constantly ask me for details and I would provide. Until yesterday when they came back with the fix. Unfortunate that it took so long. 

Screenshot_20220210-220621_Twitter.jpg

• 7 months later...

Maybe you can try to use Tidal on LG TV offline. To do that, you will need a DRmare Tidal Media Downloader (

) to download music from Tidal as local files. Then you can move Tidal music to LG TV for play offline. And you can transfer Tidal songs to other devices for use offline.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a brand new 55” C2 and the Tidal app is not working. Songs buffer for a few seconds then stop and never play. Eventually the TV goes into screen saved mode. I don’t see any updates available for the app or the tv os. Any tips or suggestions as to how to get it working?

• 8 months later...