Quantcast

Since few days, DLNA only working for music, images and video is black screen

Question

Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?

- I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".

- Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.

- Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.

Am I the only one with this problem?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

@Kuriko Have you checked that you have the latest firmware on you LG TV, and all your DLNA devices have the latest software or firmware on them too?

It is unclear from your post, if the "image and video" option has always failed, or only started failing recently. Please clarify, and also if it failed after a TV firmware update.

My TV have always newest firmware. Currently version 05.00.10 (auto-update) Unfortunately, there is no indication when the update was made.

Synology NAS have newest updates, Fritzbox 7590 media server have newest update, Windows 10 DLNA server is up-to-date.

I have this tv nearly 8 months and DLNA always working without any issues. I have since few days this same issue with all 3 independent DLNA servers. So must be a problem with LG TV ( webOS).

And browsing in music its working, only the second option to browse image+video failes with black screen.

I have the exact same problem as Kuriko. Havnt found a solution yet.

I happen over the night. No update or so. My synology NAS work fin on my samsung TV, but not the C9 OLED anymore. It worked perfect for 15 month undtil now.

@Sune Interesting, is your TV a C series OLED like @Kuriko TV model? It would be useful to find a common denominator here (a pattern), to see if this is related to a recent firmware update to your LG TV models. His TV is an OLED65C97LA, and I see that the latest firmware for that was dated 12/08/2020 (hopefully European format, NOT USA!).

"[05.00.10]
1. Add link for LG TV contents policy notice (German Only)
2. Software update contains minor bug fixes"

If it IS from August last year, I would be very surprised if the "minor bug fixes" would have caused a problem to surface now in 2021! Unless the in-built player in the TV has had an update? Are you using the "Smartshare" TV app, or something else?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.