Quantcast

Why don't I see the Spotify app on LG smart TV

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

@jaculson I think only newer OLED TV's have the actual Spotify app. Your other devices (phones, PC, tablets) should be able to "Cast To" your TV, but I hear you might need to choose "LG TV" rather than "LG WebOS" item if given 2 choices. There were some Cast bugs with Spotify back in OCT 2020, so ensure you are using the latest release of any APP on the sending device.

1. Press the Home button on your remote, and select the LG Content Store.
    LG Remote Home Button
    LG Menu with LG Content Store highlighted.
  2. Select Apps & Games.
    LG Content Store with Apps and Games highlighted.
  3. Look through the list, and select Spotify.
    Apps and Games with Spotify highlighted.
  4. Select Install on the left.
  5. If still fails, you can try to download 
    link hidden, please login to view
    to listen to Spotify music.You just need to copy and paste your downloaded Spotify music files from your computer to your USB flash drive or upload them to your Google Play Music Library.

Here is an alternative way for you to enjoy . It doesn't need to install the Spotify app on your smart TV. You can just use the 

to convert and download music from Spotify to your computer. Then you can move Spotify music to your LG TV for playing without Spotify app.

Except for using the Spotify for TV app, there is another convenient approach for you to play Spotify music on smart TVs. With a , you can download music from Spotify and

or more popular audio formats. Then you can play them directly on your TV. So, you don't need to worry that you cannot play Spotify music on LG Smart TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By SIMON
      LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [  |  ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your 
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found
      link hidden, please login to view.  
    • By Ravichandran S
      My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley). 
      I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
      As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4

link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
      Please help.
      Thanks,
      Ravichandran
    • By News Reporter
      Since the initiation of the in the 1960s, the fragility of our world has become a global topic, requiring united social action and even multinational companies to reconsider their strategies. That focus has also shifted in a more sustainable direction that puts nature conservation first, a change that can be seen in the attitude of today’s rapidly growing eco-conscious consumers.
      In matters relating to conscious spending, there isn’t a more active group than Gen Z, with saying they prefer buying from brands that actively support social and environmental causes over those that do not. Society’s youngest consumers are now the ones informing the public on all things green, making this generation the leaders of real societal change.

On a governmental level, the EU introduced new Energy Labels on March 1, taking a stricter stance on products that wish to be labeled green. Such environmental labels are important because they provide insightful energy consumption and environmental data that today’s consumers expect before purchase. The new energy designation replaces the outdated system by providing manufacturers with added incentive to improve energy efficiency.
      Photo Credit: European Commission
      A washing machine’s spin efficiency could be crucial in determining the energy consumption of a dryer, since low spin performance increases running time and uses more energy. When it comes to noise, although the difference between 72dB and 73dB may seem small, the new rules could have an appliance demoted an entire letter grade.1
      As part of its commitment to reduce its carbon footprint, LG has converted all DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryers to use only R290 refrigerant, which has a lower global warming potential (GWP) than R134a refrigerant.2 As a result, LG’s DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryer earned the Green Product Mark from TÜV Rheinland for meeting the requirements of pollution prevention, sustainable use of resources and climate change mitigation.3
      And in an effort to further reduce greenhouse gas emissions, LG makes every effort to make products lighter, using fewer resources during the production process. LG is developing and supplying energy-efficient products that carry the Energy Star label and are certified by the European Commission for contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and helping to modify usage behavior for a greener lifestyle.

For example, the Inverter Linear Compressor found in LG’s refrigerators efficiently keep food fresh longer and noise levels lower compared to LG’s conventional models.4 LG’s world-class inverter technology regulates the speed and revolution of motors and compressors depending on the situation to optimize operation. The unique linear motion of the compressor enables LG refrigerators to reach target temperatures quickly while reducing friction points for heightened durability and less noise.

For LG washers with LG Inverter DirectDrive technology, the motor is directly connected to the drum without the use of a belt or pulley, allowing for greater durability and energy efficiency while reducing noise compared to models without DirectDrive. LG is so confident of the durability of its core technologies that all inverter components are backed with a 10-year warranty.

Photo Credit: Corporate Knights
      LG’s contributions for a greener world have been recognized both globally and locally. LG was ranked the 13th most sustainable global corporation by and As You Sow’s annual list. In its home country, LG claimed This Year’s Green Product award from the non-profit civic group Korea Green Purchasing Network (KGPN) for the eleventh straight year and also took KPGN’s Award of Green Masterpiece (AGM), an accolade exclusively for businesses that have made a significant contribution to the conservation of the environment.

The damage inflicted on our planet and all the life on it is one of the greatest threats we face as a global community. Overcoming such a global problem is only possible with the support of all members of society. Through its products, LG will continue to set an example that responsible products and good business can go hand in hand.
      # # #
      1 The acoustic airborne noise emission class of a household washing machine is determined on the basis of acoustic airborne noise emission at spinning phase. A-grade is assigned to noise level below 73dB ().
      2 GWP for R290 is 3 versus 1,430 for R134a.
      3 Tested by TÜV Rheinland in August 2020 with R290 applied to LG dryer models RC*0***V**.
      4 Tested by VDE by comparing energy consumption between LG model GBB530NSCXE (LG Inverter Linear Compressor) and GBB530NSQWB (LG conventional reciprocating compressor). Energy consumption test based on ISO 15502 standard.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By siddhu
      is  disney+hotstar app  available for LG LF6300 tv  web os version is 04.06.40.??

• By News Reporter
      LG Opens Popular Platform and Integrated Content Services to
      Manufacturers to Deliver Better TV Experience to Even More Consumers

SEOUL, Feb. 24, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of its popular webOS TV platform ecosystem to other TV brand partners, disrupting the status quo in an industry known for its proprietary operating systems across different manufacturers. LG is now expanding its expertise beyond TV manufacturing to encompass webOS TV software platform development and adoption by other TV brands. This has the potential to reshape the TV business for both technology and content providers while significantly growing LG’s presence and prominence in the global home entertainment market.
      As an integral component of LG’s preeminent home entertainment ecosystem, webOS has delivered exceptional ease of use for LG TV owners through its intuitive interface design since 2014. Licensees of webOS TV receive the familiar and highly acclaimed UX design along with a rich pool of features such as voice search and control, integrated AI algorithms and easy connectivity that have earned webOS positive industry and consumer accolades. With LG webOS TV, partners also get a diversity of content options including access to global streaming service apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and sports streaming service DAZN as well as LG Channels, the company’s free premium content streaming service.* Compatible TV models also include the dedicated Magic Motion remote controller.
      Over twenty TV manufacturers from around the world have already committed to the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka with more partners expected to join in the future. The webOS ecosystem is supported by technology partners such as Realtek, Nuance, Gracenote, CEVA and Universal Electronics, among many others.
      “The webOS platform is one of the easiest and most convenient way to access millions of hours of movies and TV shows,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “By welcoming other manufacturers to join the webOS TV ecosystem, we are embarking on a new path that allows many new TV owners to experience the same great UX and features that are available on LG TVs. We look forward to bringing these new customers into the incredible world of webOS TV.”
      # # #
      * Content app availability vary by region.

• By Greg Bryant
      I'm trying to add channels using LG's guide / channel manager to favorite groups.  When I try to select a channel to move to the favorites group, the app tunes to that channel and closes; never giving me the opportunity to add it to my new group.  I was going to add all channels and try to remove the ones I don't want in that group but I can't because there's a limit.
      At first, I thought the issue was the 'remote control' input the TV created when I added my Direct TV remote (I had all my HDMI connections through my home receiver with only one HDMI connection to the TV) so all the inputs on the TV were listed as HDMI 2 with different names.  Going through the receiver, I had a 'set top box' HDMI 2 input, PS5 HDMI 2 input, etc.; when I attempted to add the direct tv remote control option to the 'set top box', the software created a new input - Direct TV on HDMI 2 but the set-top-box remained.   Initially when I tried to add a channel to my favorites, the software would change from the direct tv input to the set-top-box input and tune to that channel ( I thought it was confused by the basically the same input twice).  However, I connected the Direct TV input directly to the TV and the channel favorites editor still tunes to the channel selected and closes the app.
      Any ideas?
      I'd really like to pair down the channel list to only what I watch in a few categories.