Any updates planned for Web browser?

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Rick Hantz Many users complain about LG (and other manufacturers) thatdo not update the in-built browser.

Unfortunatley, internet standards and functiontality changes too rapidly for TV manufactureres to keep pace. In therory, it SHOULD be easy to treat the in-built browser like any other APP, and change it as needed, BUT my understanding is, that is it very tied in with the main video rendering chips in each model type, so that makes it very hard to rewrite the Browser APP to work with new functionality AND be compatible with the chip-sets in each model (as they will have very different capabilities accross the model ranges).

You don't quote your model, but if it is a 2020 or 2021 model, and it is bad, try raising a complaint with LG support in your country.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Konstantin Sviguzov
      [ru] почему youtuybe во время просмотра рекламы часто перезагружает приложение из-за нехватки памяти? памяти свободной больше 750 мб, оперативной - тут уже не знаю.
      Где новое обновление или прочее подобное?  Где поддержка?!
    • By Jayanth
      Hi All,
      I have purchased LGTV Model 55LM7600 . When I purchased I used to view Youtube, Netflix , Web Browser etc.  To my surprise
      1. I am unable to View anything using web browser  When i open any content I get a message  "  Not suffiencient memory and  Need to restart yes or no" Message
      2. Also I dont find apps like Youtube and Primevideo etc. When I factory reset the apps are shown but when I connect to Internet the apps disapear. 
      Pls give me a solution for the same. Without these apps and Web browser my TV is DUMB . I have spent more than 1.5 lakhs for the TV and Cant ignore the same. Pls  Provide a solution immediately. If required pls update the OS ASAP.
      Regards
      Jayanth
    • By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By michaelbr
      Is it possible to install/add different browser in webOS? The default browser that came with TV has some issues (playing videos in Youtube, in full screen mode, just kept refreshing, in other modes plays find, other online streaming seems not working as well). In PC those sites worked just fine, without any problem.
    • By Brennan Phoenix
      According to the developer site, the Web Engine powering the Apps and I assume the Web Browser on WebOS is built on version 53 of Chromium (for 2018-2019 models) or Chromium 68 (for 2020 models). Version 53 is from 2016, and 68 is from 2018. The current version is 85.
      The latest version of JavaScript used  by modern websites (ES7) is only supported in version 68 and above, and there has been some evidence that although WebOS is using version 53 of Chromium the browser is not fully compatible with the previous JavaScript version (ES6).
      The result is that by keeping the WebOS browsers locked in older Chromium bases users will find more websites become unusable on our Smart TVs as old sites are upgraded to new versions and new sites come out. This is not an issue for Android based Smart TVs where users can install current web browsers of their choice.
      LG is supposed to be a leader in technology- I have been incredibly pleased with my LG phones and other appliances but am extremely disappointed with the proprietary WebOS browser on LG Smart TVs. IN 2020 it is unacceptable thar such a fundamental function of a smart device (web browsing) is so out of date.
    • By Kirtan Mehta
      Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 
      I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 
      When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."