Quantcast

Videos unable to play on browser

keshav iyer

Question

12 answers to this question

On 5/29/2019 at 12:21 AM, BRIAN said:

I have same firmware, but if you read the faq in the web page, they say will only play on certain browsers, firefox, internet explorer etc. or could be in flash player format which webos wont play.

The videos on this site used to play just fine before the update

On 5/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Hi,

Well I tried signing up to the site to see if I could replicate the issue you are having, but the sign up page just 404s after pressing the sign up button.

There's no need for a sign-up to play videos. It's just an option. 

My LG web browser stopped playing videos from some websites,  but not all. Finally discovered that "Adaptive Streaming using Javascript" was enabled. I disabled this setting and the problem was resolved. To change the setting,  go to the web browser's "settings" menu.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, RSS said:

My LG web browser stopped playing videos from some websites,  but not all. Finally discovered that "Adaptive Streaming using Javascript" was enabled. I disabled this setting and the problem was resolved. To change the setting,  go to the web browser's "settings" menu.

i cant find an option ''Adaptive Streaming using Javascript'' on lg-42'' web browser

On 4/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, RSS said:

Hi there!

Same issue, sadly with my LG 49UJ630Y-TA there's no such a a thing "adaptive streaming using JavaScript"... Any ideas???

Thanks!

Hello, I have the same problem as of 10/29/23, before I could play videos in the browser, but after an update I could no longer, my TV model is 55UP7750PSB and the current software I have is "03.36.45" . I tried to search for previous versions of the software but didn't find any, is there a solution for this problem?

Adaptive streaming solution above does not fix issue here, nor is it fixed by allowing the video file to buffer.  Called LG Support today about issue but received no acknowledgement of issue or definitive solution.  I would try factory reset but entails installing all my apps and signing into them again. For now, I am using the Silk browser on my Firestick to get around issue but this extremely frustrating that it was working before html5 came along, which I suspect contributed to this problem.