Quantcast

Can't play/pause in browser after update webOS nano79sna, version 5.2.1-2521 jhericulr-jardine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

50UK6540PTD  3 year old tv  now operates like a 10 year old tv.....     Well after the webos  browser upgrade...     cannot see the bar at the bottom of the playback screen....  this shows the ff/reverse  to speed across the adverts or through the recorded program... not there anymore....  also for some unknown reason the download speed has dropped to 2.3mbs was much higher than this before ie  around 35mbs       can the webos team please rectify the problems?     

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

•  

Hi  gave it a try but unfortunately still have problems...  it seems that LG have altered the webos and have inherently caused issue with their update on my 3 year old led tv.  Will I buy another LG after this   unless they solve the problems that would give an answer of NO.

Thank you for your time and suggestion.  appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Does the new webos update comes with the new stupid browser? because I could help not pressing update every time I open browser, but now every time I turn the TV on it asks for update and I think its better not to update.

Now I remember I read somewhere from a genius that if your TV has no problem never update it!

Its interesting recently everything I update turns out to be worst, big sample is Microsoft's Visual studio

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajay Lele
      I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 
    • By Julio Henrique Morimoto
      I've had an LG 47LB6500 for about five months now. I love the TV and it's great. Except one thing that I find irritating is a constant AV input popup that keeps reappearing over, and over, and over.

While watching any content from any input, the popup appears.
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      The only device plugged to the TV is an HDMI Sky HDTV Set Top Box, and there is nothing plugged into any AV input. WebOS seems to enter some variable loop, displaying several of these popups in sequence. Often, the number of popups is such, that the TV will freeze trying to show all of them. I can only assume a lot of its CPU is being used to render them. The TV will become unresponsive until all popups disappear. The annoyance may last a couple of minutes, but it happens everytime the TV is turned back on.

From the input configuration screen, I can see the AV input is active. .

Once it's removed, the popups are gone. But once the TV is turned off and back on, WebOS will scan for devices and these empty AV inputs are back on the list... and the parade of popups will follow.

As a user, I have to consder this a bug. And it's a very irritating one. These popups cover subtitles and seem to show up minutes after the TV is turned on. Please provide a fix with a firmware update or, at least, provide a workaround to make it stop.

Kind regards!
      Julio
    • By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

• By ajmboy
      I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 
      Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?

• By News Reporter
      Always understanding its responsibility as a corporate citizen to make a positive impact on society, LG has hosted the Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities (GITC) program since 2011, strengthening youth’s IT skills and capabilities that will help them in the real world.
      Let’s take a look at the history of the GITC and how it has grown into the international program it is now to enhance accessibility for youth with disabilities from all around the world.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content