Quantcast

LG webos sucks

luis santos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, LG monkey said:

Web Os is very limited,  it doesn't even include PHILO . I absolutely love my LG TV's, but  I agree with the post web OS is just terrible.  I run a roku stick on one of my LG's, and a fire stick on the other. 

No Smart TV supports Philo. It isn't a major player in the streaming game, or even within the subset of cable-replacement packages.

link hidden, please login to view

3 hours ago, Cody k said:

I literally quoted the Philo website. Call BS on them.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, LG monkey said:

All my friends smart TVs support Philo, Toshiba  smart TV's support Philo,  to say no smart TV's support Philo is just BS. I call it as I see it, Web OS is garbage, LG tV's are awesome,  the solution,  buy a ruku stick and you'll have a  OS  that you can use. 

The enclosed screen shot from philo's website says otherwise. 

Screenshot_20211216-183023_Chrome.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Though this is nothing but a rant, I second the fact that WebOS is a bad concept. It can't do some essential things which, for comparison, Samsungs Tizen can do. I have my G1 since a few weeks now and struggle with simple things that simply shouldn't exist, like

1. Sleep timer is deactived in my TV, but it will continue to nag you after 4h of not using the remote.

2. No support for DTS passthrough or Dolby Vision (E-AC3). It plays E-AC3, but comes up with a warning and the video will stop at some point.

3. The media player shows the file names from the movie name inside of a MKV instead of showing the real name.  WTF?!

Doesn't LG strife for being at least as good as Samsung in both, hardware and software? A smart TV is supposed to be smart, not just a TV.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Smokey
      Using the smart remote or Thinq app.
      Currently to change the audio track (different languages) for digital TV, I need to press the "..." button to bring up the Quick settings menu, then scroll down a long list of options, before choosing Audio languages, that brings up a menu for me to pick the audio track.
      Is there a shortcut or combination keypress to bring up the audio track menu quickly?
      If there isn't one, LG please add shortcuts in the next webOS update, to bring up the audio track menu and subtitles menu quickly! e.g. assign them to the colour buttons which are currently useless in digital TV.
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By Yonatan
      Hello all,
      After reading many forums how to change region for LG smart TV using  Ez-Adjust I gave up.
      I am trying to change my  reading  from IL to US (area code 1793), all forums say the same thing, go to  Ez-Adjust->Area Option and change the id in the first line to the US ID.
      I tried it but there is no way to change the current ID, I type the US id but nothing change, In addition I tried to change it through IN START but nothing, i was unable to change region.
      I hope there is someone here that had the same problem and solved it and can help me.
      I will appreciate any help.

Thanks. 

• By Dave S
      I have an LG OLED and I want to change the volume of my Bluetooth headphones independently of the speaker volume.  I am hard of hearing and I want to listen to the TV a bit louder than the speaker.  Presently the Tv Volume controls both.   Thanks 
    • By Deepak Suresh
      SunNXT app looks different and old in WebOS and Android TV app is great now and latest.