Quantcast

Newby questions

Bonjour,

I just bought an LG TV: 43UM7450PLA and I have a few questions about the use of this TV.

1- On my home network, I have a DLNA server where are stocked films, music and photos. When I want to play music, sometimes the answer is: "there is no music files in that folder". Strange answer because there are music files in the folder and because sometimes this music is played without any complaint from the TV.  How can I know why this answer (no music files...) is given? Are there some log files somewhere in the TV?

2- I often watch the TV via the internet navigator and it is very difficult to have a stable connection, the stream is often interrupted or stopped with a message error (an error occured, try again). If I watch the same TV stream at the same time on my computer, it works like a charm. Why this different behaviour on the TV?

Thank you for your lightd.

F.P.

• 2 weeks later...

@frpatte  I see that

On 5/31/2020 at 7:02 PM, frpatte said:

2- I often watch the TV via the internet navigator and it is very difficult to have a stable connection, the stream is often interrupted or stopped with a message error

So, as this TV has the ability to use either a LAN cable, or WiFi on either a 2.4G (802.11n) or the 5G band (802.11ac spec), do you know WHICH band you connect to, if you are using WiFi rather than the LAN cable? The reason I ask, is that most non-tech users do NOT realize that the 5G WiFi band signal strength drops off rapidly the further you are away from the Router. Larger houses are much worse of course. If you have a smart phone, you can walk around your house, watching the WiFi signal strength Icon at the top, and see how many radial bars you get on that icon when in the place where the TV is. So, if you phone can connect to the 5G WiFi band, check that signal state near the TV. If it is a low number of "bars" (NOT the Phone tower strength icon, the WiFi Icon bars), then you have most likely found your issue.

In the same place where the TV is, you should then check the 2.4G band, by connecting the phone to that band, and checking the signal strength bars.  If that is much better (as I suspect it might be), then try one of the possible workarounds below.

There are a few ways you can remedy this issue. The first way will not involve any cost: you can try to change the WiFi network connection for the TV, so that it connects to the  2.4G band instead (hopefully you have different SSID names for each one so it is easy to see/check), and recheck how things are.  Hopefully that wil be more stable (but will only run at 150Mbps - 300Mbps, but still faster the 100MB LAN speed).

If the WiFi is STILL too weak on both bands where the TV is, you might have to invest in either a PLA (Power Line Adaptor) to get the Ethernet signals to the TV easily via the mains plug wiring (they use HomePlug AV2 technology) . You have one by the router, and the other plug device by your TV, so it uses 2 short LAN cables, one to each adaptor plug device.  The other alternative is to use a WiFi repeater, that extends your WiFi coverage to the parts of the house where it is weaker.  I hope this is useful.

**UPDATE** I just noticed on another forum, that certainLG models might have difficulty saving WiFi network SSID names longer than 8 characters!! Odd I know, but if yours is a bit longer, try logging into your router and changin your network SSID names to shorter ones, and reconnecting. A pain I know, as other devices wil have to be edited to connect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Arthur Dent
      1-Want to use Google meet, WebOS browser says not compatible, can’t install Firefox, chrome or edge browsers...is there a way to achieve this ?
      2-can I use a webcam with a MIC with this TV ?
      3- is there a way to disable the update popup reminder ? Don’t want to update as reports of big issues with the latest update thanks
    • By AnonViewer
      Hi,

I purchased a new 43" LG 4K TV in India couple of months ago. Model Number is 43UJ652t. I use Dish TV DTH service for watching TV. I connected my Dish TV HD Set Top Box  to the TV through HDMI port (HDMI 1)

I have couple of questions - 

When I select the HDMI input to watch TV, the following information is displayed on the top-left corner of the TV (See pic 1 below). It says 720p there. What does it mean? I have  HD set top box with HD Channel subscription. Why is it saying 720p there even when I am watching HD channels? There is an Icon in the Web OS launcher called Live TV (see  pic 2 below). It doesn't work with DTH set-top boxes? Does it only work with Antenna and Free to Air channels? The TV guide icon (see pic 3) in the Web OS launcher doesn't doesn't play the TV Guide for my Set-Top Box. It asks me to fine tune the programming first  but Auto-tuning doesn't find any channels? Is the TV Guide functionality available only for the Antenna and  FTA channels? Can I add channels from my set-top box to the My Channels menu (see pic 4)? How do I add shows from Amazon Prime to the "My Content" menu for easy access. Currently, it only allows me to add YouTube content Can I add a specific channel from my Dish TV set top box as a long press shortcut in my LG Magic Remote? In the below LG videos, when the presenter selected  the STB while setting up Live TV, the TV automatically searches for the channels and populates the TV Guide? Is it not possible to do it for Indian DTH set top boxes?

These questions are driving me mad. Please help me in understanding the LG Web OS System better

• By foxfire_pt
      I like webos on my TV, but there are only two small anoying details that would be great if there is a way around it. 
      1. TV in Portugal Vodafone has still Cable and Antenna channels. Scanning is not a problem and quality is acceptable for the source. Those channels because they are analogue will not gain description and only show the frequency name such as "S34". Is there any way to rename the channel to something more human readable such as "RTP1" ?
      2. Adding a bookmark from the web browser to the main screen works like a charm, but is there any way when lauching the bookmark from there in FullScreen and it doesn't show the intire browser ?
      thanks
    • By AceMcHammer
      I am not a current owner of an LG Smart TV but I'm looking to buy a Smart TV with a screen grab function built into the TV.  I searched and came upon information in this forum that LG Smart TV's with WebOS on them do indeed have a screen grab feature and I have some questions regarding that.
      1. Just to reaffirm my info, do LG Smart TV's actually have a screen grab feature built into them?
      2. Is WebOS stand alone software built into the TV set? In other words, is the TV independent of a PC operating system?
      3. Concerning the screen grab feature. Is the screen grab feature independent within the TV set/not dependent on any other device to operate?
      4. Can you save your screen grab to a USB drive?
      5. If you can save your image to a USB drive what format does the TV save them in? JPEG, BMP, etc.
      6. What is the max resolution the TV saves the screen grab?
      7. Can you do a screen grab of any image ported to your TV from any device? Cable STB, Video Game Console, etc.
      8.  The info that I read on another thread here  said  that to take a screenshot on the LG you press the input/123  button on the remote and save it to the photo editing app. Is this photo editing app a part of the LG TV software and do you navigate and execute commands in this photo editing app with the remote control?
    • By Zeroio
      I had left on multi-view, left the room, and when I came back about an hour later, the interface was gone and looked great!
      So... is there a way to hide the interface using the remote and just have the 2 screens showing?
      What's the timeout set to and can that be changed? To would be nice if it was just a minute or two.