tvguy

Question

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Press the gear icon on the remote.  Go to “Network” in the list that comes up.  Once you click on that it will take you to “Connection.”  In the list under “Connection,” click on “Mobile TV On.”   When you’re in that section, make sure settings for both wifi and bluetooth are on. 

Paesano

2 hours ago, Paesano said:

Press the gear icon on the remote.  Go to “Network” in the list that comes up.  Once you click on that it will take you to “Connection.”  In the list under “Connection,” click on “Mobile TV On.”   When you’re in that section, make sure settings for both wifi and bluetooth are on. 

Paesano

Thanks for helping. Both WiFi and BT were already turned on, but stil the failure as described earlier is there. I fear we have ri rely on a firmware update......

Only way I can resolve no response errors when TV (OLED55E8PTA) is in standby mode is move IOS device running HomeKit app within Bluetooth range,  TV is connected to network via Ethernet cable. Quick Start+ is enabled.  I have a 4K Apple TV within 3 feet of the TV and a HomePod also within Bluetooth range. Once TV is on I can change inputs and turn it off via HomeKit app outside of Bluetooth range. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Apple TV App, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit to Be Available in
      Over 100 Countries and Regions via webOS Hub

SEOUL, Feb. 3, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has today announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub in over 100 countries and regions. Through this move, compatible TVs now offer an easier, more versatile smart TV experience thanks to a diverse selection of content and innovative features that help bring the ultimate in viewing convenience and pleasure to even more audiences worldwide.
      With the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit all coming to the webOS Hub ecosystem, LG is constantly refining and expanding its webOS smart TV platform while enhancing its accessibility so that more consumers can benefit from the most convenient user experience.
      By offering a greater range of customization options to smart TV manufacturers and giving more convenience and choice of content to customers, 10 times as many brands are now available on webOS Hub than in early 2021, with LG now working with 200 partners in total including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai. Through these efforts, LG is now primely positioned to deliver on its promise of pioneering streamlined content viewing experiences for millions of people around the globe.
      Apple TV+ is the home of award-winning Apple Originals and is accessed via the webOS Hub Home Screen’s dedicated Apple TV app. In addition, users can subscribe to popular third-party streaming subscription services on the Apple TV app, as well as explore over 100,000 films and shows to buy or rent.
      Apple Music subscribers enjoy a vast, ad-free library comprised of over 100 million songs, 30,000 expertly-curated playlists, countless 4K music videos and the critically-acclaimed Apple Music Radio, which streams all the hits and classics from across all genres. Apple Music via webOS Hub is great for home parties too, as it comes with millions of songs with time-synced lyrics to make listening even more enjoyable. And it goes without saying that subscribers can instantly access their personal music library via webOS Hub.
      webOS Hub will also be compatible with AirPlay, so users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their smart TV right from their iPhone, iPad or Mac. What’s more, webOS Hub-powered TVs are also Apple Home-enabled, giving users control of their TV in the Apple Home app and Siri using Apple HomeKit technology.
      The Apple TV app and Apple Music are now available in over 100 countries, which is where owners of webOS-enabled TVs from 200 partner brands will benefit from a growing list of content and life-enriching features. The latest OLED TVs and UHD TVs powered by webOS Hub* support AirPlay and HomeKit, allowing more audiences to experience the enhanced usability and convenience these advanced TVs provide.
      # # #
      * AirPlay and HomeKit only available on OLED TVs and UHD TVs with webOS Hub 2.0

link hidden, please login to view
    • By yippie_kiyay
      My new LG TV (65UM6900PUA) running WebOS 04.71.25 works great with HomeKit, with the exception that it is not reachable while it is turned off. If I try to turn it on in the home app, it says "No Response."  I have changed the 'Turn on via Wi-Fi' setting to on, and it will turn on from the 'LG TV Plus' app, but not from the iOS home app. Is there a specific setting or something I need to change?
    • By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By Russell Acton
      Anyone having issues with Homekit showing 'updating' message after TV have been turned off? (OLED65BX6LB purchased Feb2021)
      Can turn off via Homekit...can change inputs. Can use ThinQ to turn off.
      Have tried to disable all Eco modes, turn on "Turn on with Wireless" but to no avail.
      Anyone found a solution? 
    • By Paesano
      I am having an issue with two of your tv's at my home with Apple HomeKit.  I have a 55 inch and 65 inch OLED C9 TV.  They are both compatible with HomeKit.  Originally when I installed the TV's I had all sorts of issues with Apple HomeKit. For the Last 2 months Apple HomeKit has been working perfect with them.  Now after a recent update to them via automatic updates, Apple HomeKit now has an issue viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is OFF,  It shows "No Response" in HomeKit.  My TV's are hardwired via Ethernet cable.    There are 4 states in HomeKit that are recognized for the TV: - Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app locally on the network while the TV is ON (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned on) - Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app locally on the network while the TV is OFF (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned off) - Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is ON (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned on) - Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is OFF (This DOES NOT work in HomeKit and the TV shows in HomeKit as "No Response")

I've tried reseting the TV's and doing all sorts of things. Nothing has worked.  I believe there is an issue with the latest firmware.