Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

tvguy

E9 no response on Homekit

Question

Anyone else having homekit connectivity issues? I am good until the TV turns on at which point I get no response from the home app and it essentially breaks. Frustrating.

Any ideas?

34 answers to this question

@robertapple1 Interesting idea with the bluetooth, hadn't considered that. I have a Spectrum box so may play around with unplugging it and see what happens.

Thought of a few more things for you. Have you tried adding the TV to homekit using another ios device like an iPad? May work. Another idea is sign in/out of iCloud on the device. Also make sure iCloud keychain is enabled. Homekit has always been finicky for me and finally working reliably with my homepods but it took a few software updates. The TV needs one for sure.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 Interesting idea with the bluetooth, hadn't considered that. I have a Spectrum box so may play around with unplugging it and see what happens.

Thought of a few more things for you. Have you tried adding the TV to homekit using another ios device like an iPad? May work. Another idea is sign in/out of iCloud on the device. Also make sure iCloud keychain is enabled. Homekit has always been finicky for me and finally working reliably with my homepods but it took a few software updates. The TV needs one for sure.

Bit late reply, didn't have time. I tried all the solutions you describe; also iCloud keychain is enabled. I can see my LG TV now in my iPhone (I am at work); I was able to couple it to HomeKit the moment I disconnected my Settop box from the Magic Remote. After that I re-initialized the coupling of the LG Magic Remote with my settop box (because it is very handy and I want to use one remote. But ATM that I turn on the TV and my settop Box, the HomeKit app shows the TV but displays a message it cannot connect to the TV.

Press the gear icon on the remote.  Go to “Network” in the list that comes up.  Once you click on that it will take you to “Connection.”  In the list under “Connection,” click on “Mobile TV On.”   When you’re in that section, make sure settings for both wifi and bluetooth are on. 

Paesano

2 hours ago, Paesano said:

Press the gear icon on the remote.  Go to “Network” in the list that comes up.  Once you click on that it will take you to “Connection.”  In the list under “Connection,” click on “Mobile TV On.”   When you’re in that section, make sure settings for both wifi and bluetooth are on. 

Paesano

Thanks for helping. Both WiFi and BT were already turned on, but stil the failure as described earlier is there. I fear we have ri rely on a firmware update......