Quantcast

Cant turn on 2021 OLED TV via HomeKit or ThinQ App

Question

Anyone having issues with Homekit showing 'updating' message after TV have been turned off? (OLED65BX6LB purchased Feb2021)

Can turn off via Homekit...can change inputs. Can use ThinQ to turn off.

Have tried to disable all Eco modes, turn on "Turn on with Wireless" but to no avail.

Anyone found a solution? 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Russell Acton If it has not updated already automatically, get the latest firmware on a USB stick and install it manually, and test your issue again. This is dated 18/2/2021.

[03.21.36]
1. Improved no video issue when switching specific HDMI ports
2. Software update contains minor bug fix (they do NOT say what it is fixing, but you might get lucky)!

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Janusz Łaski
      I was trying to connect My LG TV as a wireless display, just as on this video:
      Unfortunately it works only first time until disconnecting. To reconnect I need to restart TV, sometimes a few times. Sometimes TV is not detectable at all. How it works for you?

• By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By JB Atw
      When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off.
      I did a google search and the results that came up were for WebOs 1.0, even though it was written in 2017, and I have WebOs 3.0. It said hold the settings button until a box appears in the top right of the screen and input 0 0 0 0 then adjust the baud rate. First no box shows up on the 3.0 and two its not the baud rate I'm trying to adjust.
      I tried calling customer support to get to technical support. The automated system is garbage by the way. Then I found out they are only open Monday through Friday as if customers never have a problem on the weekend.
      This is my third stop looking for an answer. This problem is causing my dislike of LG products to grow even more. So if anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance for your time and help.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Product - from Settings -> General -> About this Tv
      Software version = 05.30.02
      TV Information  = [LG] webOS TV OLED55C6P
    • By rologoetz
      Hi, just bought a new LG OLED and pretty fast noticed that I`ve now chance to change the wallpapers ?!?

Really pretty strange - even the smallest smartphone offers such a feature. The TV has enough USB interfaces - why is it not able to customize this by an own set of pictures ?

Can`t be that big rocket science to implement this , especially for such an expensive device this should be a standard feature !!!

Or did I  miss something in the settings of the TV ? 
    • By Voo Poo
      Hello,
      LG TV running v 05.10.30 
      When I hit my Home button, it shows me a list all my apps.  AirPlay keeps showing up.  So I delete it.  Next time I turn on the TV is back.
      I do not have the app installed  'My Apps'.
      Any idea why it keeps showing up?
      I would like to remove it permanently, or unless I want it.
      Suggestions?
      Thanks,
      tV