Quantcast

HomeKit has “no response” and will not turn TV on

I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.

I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.

I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.

One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  

If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.

One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.

Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same exact issue with the same model Television.  I've tried both wifi and ethernet connections to the TV but no matter what settings I select, I can't get HomeKit to turn it on.  The frustrating thing is that my Google Home mini does allow the TV to turn on with no issues at all.  Right now my work around is to use the Google Home speaker to turn on the TV at which point I can then control and turn off the TV with HomeKit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Offering LG Smart TV Owners Worldwide Opportunity to Watch
      Acclaimed Apple TV+ Series and Films for Free for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2022 — LG Smart TV owners in over eighty countries will gain access to three months of Apple TV+ for free, supplying them with popular, award-winning content to enjoy over the holidays.1 Starting this week, the promotion is available to new Apple TV+ subscribers and applies to all compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TV models from 2018 to 2022 running webOS 4.0 to webOS 2022. To redeem this offer, users must access the Apple TV+ app via a compatible LG Smart TV and follow the redemption instructions.2
      With Apple TV+, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy premium Apple Original drama and comedy series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment, including this year’s Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA,” record-breaking Emmy Award winner “Ted Lasso,” holiday musical comedy “Spirited” and hit series such as “Bad Sisters,” “Slow Horses” and many more, as well as live sports, beginning with “Friday Night Baseball” and Major League Soccer matches coming in February 2023. After its launch in 2019, Apple TV+ became the first all-original streaming service to launch around the world and has premiered more original hits and received more award recognitions faster than any other streaming service in its debut. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries and series have been honored with 280 wins and over 1,200 awards nominations.
      LG Smart TVs leverage cutting-edge picture and sound technologies for stunning home entertainment experiences. The company’s industry-leading TVs employ Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos enhancing the immersive home entertainment experience, especially when streaming the Dolby mastered Apple TV+ titles.
      To add even more convenience to the viewing experience provided by LG Smart TVs supporting webOS 4.0 or higher, viewers can use LG Magic Remote to point, click and scroll the app’s interface and utilize its built-in microphone to search, discover and start watching the high-quality content featured on Apple TV+ via simple voice commands.3 What’s more, webOS 22 supports personal profiles to deliver to each individual their own personalized viewing experience.
      # # #
      1 Start date may vary by region. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Promotion applies to countries where Apple TV+ is available. Please check local details at 
      link hidden, please login to view.
      2 Offer available with LG 4K and 8K TVs from 2018 to 2022. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region, age 13+. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires iTunes/Apple Media Services account. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at . Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
      3 Voice command available in twenty-two languages.
    • By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

• By News Reporter
      Organizational Moves to Consolidate Company’s Capabilities to Create
      Differentiated Customer Value, Accelerate Future Growth Engines

SEOUL, Nov. 24, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced organizational changes designed to bolster its preparedness for the future. The changes are being implemented primarily to accelerate the company’s future growth engines and enhance its ability to create differentiated customer value and experiences.
      A key piece of LG’s forward-looking strategy is the establishment of the Corporate Customer Experience (CX) Center, which will report directly to LG’s headquarters. The CX Center will be led by executive vice president, Lee Chul-bae, who previously served as head of the Corporate Design Management Center. The main role of the CX Center will be to create a seamless and expanded customer experience. It will also develop strategies and roadmaps to foster greater innovation at every stage of the customer experience journey from product planning and customer service to future business models.
      The CX Center will also encompass the CX Strategy Division, which will be charged with the discovery and promotion of company-wide goals and core tasks, and the LSR Customer Research Center, formerly the Life Soft Research (LSR) Lab.
      LG’s Platform Business Center will play a new role in integrating and organizing LG ThinQ services, responsibilities that were previously distributed across corporate and business headquarters. Established in July 2021, the Platform Business Center has been leading the creation of LG’s fandom based on data. Moving forward, the Center will be headed by LG’s vice president, Jung Ki-hyun, who joined the company in September this year. Jung has had a distinguished career with roles at eBay Korea and Google as well as acting as the CEO of Meta Korea.
      In 2023 and beyond, LG will continue to focus on improving supply chain management (SCM) and augmenting its already-strong Digital Transformation (DX) capabilities. To this end, the company’s Procurement and SCM Management Center has been renamed the Global Operation Center, with the functions and roles of the Production Planning Division transferred from the Production Engineering Research Institute. The Global Operation Center will create synergies across the company’s operations – such as production, purchasing and SCM – through promoting improvements based on DX technologies.
      Aiming to spur further growth through improved organizational performance, LG will strengthen its agile and responsive decision-making system across all four business units.
      Lyu Jae-cheol, head of the Home Appliance & Air Solution (H&A) Company, has been promoted to president in recognition of his success in improving H&A’s performance and product portfolio. An expert in his field, Lyu has worked in various areas of LG’s home appliance business since 1989, including in the R&D and production departments.
      Eun Seok-hyun, head of the Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company, was promoted to vice president. Under his leadership, LG’s vehicle component solutions business has achieved operational stability with an improved profit and loss structure, and has constructed a strong business portfolio encompassing several key future mobility technologies.
      Another of the newly-announced changes, the H&A Company’s “Living Appliance Business’ and “Kitchen Appliance Business” will become the “Living Solution Business” and “Kitchen Solution Business,” respectively. The renaming aligns with LG’s renewed focus on customer experience innovation and points to the greater emphasis the company is placing on the expansion of content and services.
      The Home Entertainment (HE) Company is set to increase its capacity to create customer value by establishing the Indonesia Research and Development Division under the HE R&D Lab Institute to enhance collaboration between overseas R&D and manufacturing bases.
      The VS Company aims to strengthen its capabilities in purchasing, producing and SCM by establishing an operation group that manages the integrated operation of the electric vehicle component business.
      The Business Solutions (BS) Company set up a new EV Charger Business Division directly under the company to accelerate the full-fledged development of EV charging solution business that was launched last year.
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Ehud
      Hi,
      I have an LG TV model 65UN711C0GA which i'm trying to download the LG Channels app but probably because of my location (Israel), i'm unable to find the app in the LG content store.
      I was told to change my location in the settings and so i did, but bedside Israel, PS and other countries, i don't have other alternatives. From what i saw in YouTube videos, i'm supposed to have the list of all countries but from some reason i don't.
      I have tried setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 but still without success.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks!
    • By News Reporter
      Chosen ‘Mission for the Future’ Companies and LG to Jointly Pursue
      Innovative Solutions for Digital Health, the Metaverse and Electric Mobility

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sep. 13, 2022 — LG Electronics’ North American Innovation Center (LG NOVA) has selected its link hidden, please login to view companies for its Mission for the Future global challenge program. Representing multiple potential business paths in three industries, the companies will be working with the LG NOVA team to collaborate on new business ventures, alongside continuing to grow and scale their companies, qualifying for potential investment from LG and other investors within the LG NOVA ecosystem to develop impactful solutions for people, communities and the planet.*
      “This inaugural year of our challenge demonstrated how effective and powerful collaboration between technology startups and established corporations can help accelerate the innovation process,” said LG Electronics Senior Vice President of Innovation Dr. Sokwoo Rhee and head of LG NOVA. “Congratulations to the Finalists and all the companies that participated in the Mission for the Future challenge. We look forward to the journey with these companies innovating for a brighter, more technologically advanced future.”
      The finalists were selected from an initial pool of approximately 1,300 applicants. They secured the top spot after working closely with the LG NOVA Entrepreneur-In-Residence team over a six- to nine-month period to build and test the proposals. Throughout the process, the companies had opportunities to meet with LG business teams and investors within LG NOVA ecosystem. Finalists were presented to LG Electronics Global CEO William Cho.
      With this selection of companies, LG NOVA will build new businesses in Digital Health, Electric Mobility and the Metaverse, pursuing multiple paths to deliver new services and solutions that will help us move forward faster into the future.
      Digital Health – With digital health capabilities key to enabling the delivery of healthcare to diverse and disparate communities, LG NOVA is working to expand and scale greater access to healthcare and personal health services.
      is a digital care platform to prevent and reverse chronic metabolic, digestive and mental health conditions using gut microbiome insight, genetics, AI and food-as-medicine. Together, LG and Digbi will work to make care globally accessible at home and the office, and to advance cure. is a B2B2C precision health platform powered by genomics and AI, offering personalized health and well-being solutions to the world’s leading enterprises. LG and Lifenome plan to bring to market the world’s first precision maternal and family health platform, supporting pregnant individuals 24/7 from conception all the way to the early stages of a child’s life. is a sensor-based technology platform that can use a camera in patient-owned devices to virtually capture health and biological readings to assist doctors in enhancing medical diagnosis and treatment effectiveness. Expanding upon new services available to doctors and providers, LG’s work with Mindset Medical is expected to make it easier for medical providers to understand patient health over time or during live virtual doctor visits. develops virtual treatment rooms, integrating immersive VR/AR technology, licensed clinicians and real-time data analytics on one platform, providing a comprehensive therapeutic care solution for patients through the continuum of care, from the hospital to the patient’s home. LG and XRHealth will continue to grow the service offering to deliver more insights to clinicians and enable more precise personalized care. Electric Mobility – With LG’s commitment to sustainability as an organization, LG NOVA is working to pursue new opportunities to expand access to electric vehicles (EV) and electric mobility solutions by enabling more businesses to leverage their infrastructure to provide EV services.
      empowers major EV service providers with an end-to-end EV charging and smart energy management software platform.LG and Driivz will work together to enable the hospitality industry across the U.S to offer EV charging-as-a-service, while optimizing their EV charging operations and providing their customers with an exceptional EV charging experience. uses innovative AI and blockchain-based distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS) and transactive energy software platforms to enable power optimization across smart cities, smart homes and e-mobility. By working with I-EMS, LG will help modernize the electricity grid and optimize energy management to deliver better power management solutions for the market. offers an affordable and convenient way for electric vehicle owners to charge their EVs without a direct-access charger at home or on the road. LG and SparkCharge plan to work together to deliver turnkey EV solutions for businesses to create a stream of revenue from their parking spaces. The Metaverse – The Metaverse will bring greater capabilities that will change how we engage across the digital space in the future. LG is looking to broaden its role and explore new services and applications for enterprises that leverage the capabilities of the Metaverse.
      provides immersive 3D workspace technology to enable distributed teams to cost-effectively work, collaborate and train from anywhere, on any AR, VR or 2D device. LG will work with iQ3 Connect to deploy immersive training and realtime collaborative workspace solutions for enterprises. is a brain training and optimization platform deployed in VR to create immersive environments and training protocols that utilizes the scientific principles of neuroplasticity to enhance focus and cognitive performance. Expanding upon iQ3 capabilities, LG and NeuroTrainer will work together to add platform capabilities and enhancements designed to further refine NeuroTrainer as a powerful tool for corporate wellness and mental resiliency. LG NOVA’s (2022) is now open for submissions. Deadline to submit is Thursday, October 6, 2022. Please visit for more information on how to submit new ideas to LG NOVA.
      *Subject to due diligence and other considerations.
      # # #