E9 no response on Homekit

Question

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hmm interesting, homekit not working when the tv is off makes sense to me. The tv is off so some sort of connection is closed probably. But having it not working when it’s off but not when on is a bit strange.

in other news, my tv fixed itself and now I can turn it on from homekit as well. I happened to be messing around with my soundbar when it started working but I’m not sure if that’s what triggered it.

On 8/7/2019 at 4:34 PM, tvguy said:

Anyone else having homekit connectivity issues? I am good until the TV turns on at which point I get no response from the home app and it essentially breaks. Frustrating.

Any ideas?

I have a problem as well. I am unable to connect my LG OLED 55C9 to Homekit. Every time I scan the QR code generated by my TV with the Homekit app I get a message in the Homekit app that adding LG OLED to Homekit has failed. Airplay works fine; I tried with the  TV connected wired and through (the same) WiFi network, no result. With other iPhone no result either.

Some Airplay features work, others not:

MacBook Pro:  ScreenMirror works, playing films from iTunes works, playing films directly from QuickTime and selecting Airplay to LG TV DOESN'T work.

iPhone: Airplay works with all features

IMG_6C5EF3DE3F43-1.jpeg

Edited by robertapple1
adde fotot
On 8/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, mrwigster said:

+1 for this issue—though I have the opposite problem on my C9, I can do everything when the TV is on, including turn it off, however, when it's off it then states "No Response" within the Home app on my iPhone or iPad.

I am having the same issue.  I have a LG C9 65in and an LG C9 55in and both at times show not responding in HomeKit, as well as, when I use Siri to turn them on, they will turn on but it may say "I tried but some devices didn't respond, however it will still turn on.".  This especially happens when the TV may be off for a period of time.  Once the TV is on the state is always reflected correctly in Homekit and I can issue input changes or off requests to siri with no issues.  I've tried resetting the TVs and my Apple Homekit home with no resolution.  Hopefully this is an issue that can be resolved by updated FW for the TVs and/or the coming iOS13. (I'm more apt to think this is an issue on the TV side.)

A conversation with Apple helped me realise the problem. The Apple guy asked: is bluetooth (BT) on? Of course it was, but then it hit me: Airplay control works with BT. And therein lies the problem.

When I bought the TV it automatically recognised my settop-box/decoder (Ballard Rural Telephone Cooperation is how it is called on my TV; it is provided by T-Mobile Netherlands). This set-up makes it possible to use the LG Magic Remote as a universal RC to control my settop box. This feature uses BT.......

After disconnecting the LG Magic Remote from the settop box, the Homekit app on my iPhone recognised my LG TV and added it as an accessory. Succes at last. BUT, after setting up my LG Magic Remote again to control my settop box, the Homekit app didn't get a respons from the LG TV anymore.

My conclusion is, that there is a Bluetooth protocol interference at play here, that I as a user cannot fix. My opinion is that LG needs to contact Apple to streamline each others usage of BT protocols, and come up with a firmware update.

At the moment I choose in favour of using my settop box with the LG Magic Remote, as the functionality of the HomeKit controls of the TV is limited, but I would love to be able to use both.

15 minutes ago, Jespertheend said:

@robertapple1 ah hmm interesting. I always thought the tv homekit integration used the local (wifi) network for communicating.

That is true. But still it looks like both, or at least they interfere. When connecting the LG to Homekit, a brief message appears on the right upper side of the screen, stating that "Switching on using BT" is turned on in the TV and wil use extra energy.  A fact is, when I disconnect my LG Magic Remote from my decoder/settop-box, the LG TV is visible and can be operated using Homekit

31 minutes ago, robertapple1 said:

When connecting the LG to Homekit, a brief message appears on the right upper side of the screen, stating that "Switching on using BT" is turned on in the TV and wil use extra energy.

Hmm I'm not seeing that message, though when I turn off bluetooth on my phone it doesn't connect anymore, so it must be using BT then.

All is working fine for me now, not sure what's different about my setup compated to others. I do occasionally get disconnected (it happened just now) but I'm not sure what's causing it. My TV turned off out of nowhere just now, right after turning it on, I think it might be CEC. Right after it turned off homekit was reporting 'now response'. But after I started it with the remote everything worked fine again.

@robertapple1 - very interesting.  I always thought all the homekit/airplay functionality was performed over IP.  It looks like it may be a combo of both IP and bluetooth.  To test this theory, I disabled bluetooth control of the TV and I was no longer able to turn it on via homekit, but the odd thing is, I was able to turn it off, change inputs, and still airplay. Leading me to believe when the tv is in low power mode or where a user would consider the state "off" it uses bluetooth to wake it, then controls when it's consider in an "on" state are sent via IP.  This may explain why control is reliable and seen in homekit with no issues when on, but when "off" or in a low power mode showing the not responding in homekit because of bluetooth issues.

This also makes me wonder how bluetooth control is handled to the tv when commands are issued by say homepods.  I have multiple apple tvs and home pods around the house acting as homekit hubs, which to me thinks I would have a reliable bluetooth connection to monitor the tv state and should never see the not responding while "off".  I wonder how we can further troubleshoot this or if anyone knows how homekit handles bluetooth devices.

5 minutes ago, chris4prez said:

This also makes me wonder how bluetooth control is handled to the tv when commands are issued by say homepods

I have AppleTV but I can't seem to turn off bluetooth so I can't test it, but I'm assuming it uses bluetooth just like your phone. So when you are away from your tv the homekit hub just sends a bluetooth message to the tv just like your phone would.

Just now, Jespertheend said:

I have AppleTV but I can't seem to turn off bluetooth so I can't test it, but I'm assuming it uses bluetooth just like your phone. So when you are away from your tv the homekit hub just sends a bluetooth message to the tv just like your phone would.

@Jespertheend - turn off bluetooth control on the LG TV under the connection options, that's what I did for testing.

3 minutes ago, Jespertheend said:

@chris4prez ah cool, I was wondering where you found that setting. I tried it and appletv seems to be using bluetooth as well. So it seems like both homekit hubs, as well as your phone using homekit, as well as the LG TV Plus app are using bluetooth to turn on the tv. Not sure what the 'Turn on via Wi-Fi' setting is for then.

Yea and the weird thing is I have a hompod and an apple tv both within 3 feet of the TV yet I still can get the not responding in Homekit which I would expect to have strong signal to the TV to monitor it's state and control from an off state. 

The control via IP is used for systems like Crestron, Control 4, SimpleControl, etc.  I've use SimpleControl flawlessly but really want to move to Homekit for control, status monitoring (know state of tv whether controlled by remote or idevices). and automations so I can reduce yearly fees and simplify setup for the WAG usage.

1 hour ago, mija said:

@robertapple1 here also from the Netherlands. I don't use a settop box and I to have this problem. For now I connect the TV via Homebridge to Homekit and that works flawless. 

Never heard of Homebridge b4 (just read about it now); it is a solution, but requires third party hardware & software. IMO that should not be necessary with a top of the line product

1 hour ago, Jespertheend said:

Hmm I'm not seeing that message, though when I turn off bluetooth on my phone it doesn't connect anymore, so it must be using BT then.

All is working fine for me now, not sure what's different about my setup compated to others. I do occasionally get disconnected (it happened just now) but I'm not sure what's causing it. My TV turned off out of nowhere just now, right after turning it on, I think it might be CEC. Right after it turned off homekit was reporting 'now response'. But after I started it with the remote everything worked fine again.

You only see that message briefly when you scan the QR-code from the TV with Homekit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      [Check out the previous episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series ]
      The third and final installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG products can make working and entertaining at home more enjoyable and fulfilling.
      Given the environment the world now finds itself in, devices and gadgets that offer better at-home productivity and entertainment solutions loomed large at this year’s CES. The biggest names in consumer tech offered up a multitude of innovations in their virtual showrooms geared toward making life better for the millions who now work and play primarily within the confines of their homes.
      As a consumer electronics company, LG has always had its finger on the pulse of what customers want and need. With its latest innovations in monitors, laptops and projectors, LG is helping consumers optimize their lives at home, whether they’re partaking in a marathon video conference call, wrapping up a class project, mashing the keys of their favorite MMORPG or kicking back with a blockbuster movie or bingeworthy show.

A popular upgrade for working at home is a bigger monitor. LG UltraWide Monitor offers the best of two worlds, with an expansive 40-inch curved screen that displays more information so you can be even more productive, while also delivering a truly cinematic viewing experience once the work day is done. Boasting a Nano IPS display with 5K2K UltraWide (5,120 x 2,160) resolution and 21:9 aspect ratio, this multitasking powerhouse boasts 33 percent more screen real estate than a 16:9 aspect ratio sized monitor with picture quality that makes every movie and video more immersive to watch.

While also ideal for getting work done, LG UltraGear gaming monitors really excel when there is some serious fun to be had, with its blazing speed, sharp and smooth image quality, futuristic design, and a multitude of gaming-specific features. LG’s UltraGear series offer an ultra-fast Nano IPS 1 millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time and reduced input latency, ensuring seamless visuals and gameplay around. Most importantly, minimal screen-tearing and stuttering makes games look and feel more realistic so you can play your very best.

For a more portable work option that can be easily transported from the living room to the dining room (and anywhere in between), one would do well to consider LG’s latest LG gram laptops. Available in 14-, 16- and 17-inch screen sizes, the 2021 gram models boast 16:10 aspect ratio displays that are perfect for laptop multitasking. Equipped with the latest Intel processors, speedy memory and responsive keyboards, LG grams deliver a performance befitting their sleek, premium designs.
      Stylish, slim and very lightweight, the 2021 LG grams feature narrower bezels that make it possible for these devices to feature screens larger than their svelte cases might indicate.

Movie-going has been seriously curtailed in many countries due to social distancing measures. And while some might consider a TV, monitor or even a laptop adequate for movie night at home, real cinephiles would likely bristle at the prospect. LG’s new CineBeam 4K UHD Laser projector was designed for such consumers in mind, delivering an authentic movie theater-like experience that will please even ardent cinema buff.

The advanced projector provides optimal image quality regardless of the brightness of the room, thanks to LG’s proprietary Brightness Optimizer technology. What’s more, this portable 11 kilogram unit can transform wall or ceiling into a “silver screen” so audiences will get great picture quality whether seated or lying down.

With a wide range of choices to suit a wide variety of needs and preferences, LG’s latest innovations make it easy to work and have fun from the comforts of home.
      # # #
      *  Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By nina san miguel
      Can anyone help? Netflix has suddenly become inresponsive for the last month. Amazon Prime works great, so i know it isn't a problem with my internet connection. I've resorted to resetting the tv to its initial setting FOUR times. I've plugged and unplugged the router countless times (as suggested). It would enter netflix, but eventually go back to error tvq-st-120. 
      model: UF830T
      Help, please?

• By News Reporter
      [Check out the first episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series .]
      This installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG’s products are helping people stay healthier wherever they go.
      Staying healthy goes hand in hand with practicing good hygiene both inside and outside the home. And if CES 2021 is anything to go by, appliances and devices that promote better hygiene will be one of the major trends in consumer electronics this year and quite probably for the foreseeable future. Always responsive to the needs and concerns of its global customers, LG showcased several products and technologies at its virtual CES exhibit that are designed to boost hygiene and protect people’s wellbeing. Let’s take a look at some of the company’s latest health-centric innovations and how they can make life better.

For anyone who feels that a conventional face mask just doesn’t do enough to keep them safe, or is too uncomfortable to wear on a daily basis, LG presents the revolutionary LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier. The innovative device uses two H13 HEPA filters to prevent up to 99 percent of harmful particles from entering the wearer’s respiratory system,1 and makes breathing easy (unlike your average face mask) with its DUAL Fans and the patented Respiratory Sensor, which syncs the fans with the user’s breathing cycle. And thanks to a design based on extensive facial analysis, the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier also offers day-long comfort.

The LG PuriCare Wearable is just one of the company’s growing lineup of premium air-care solutions, which also includes residential models and a handy portable option that is great for cars, cafés or even a baby’s stroller! Fast becoming a must-have item in the home and office, air purifiers can rid the indoor environment of fine dust particles and other airborne matter that can be detrimental to one’s health.

LG PuriCare 360° Air Purifier boasts a distinctive 360-degree design and powerful fan that enables the device to send out fresh, filtered air in every direction and to all parts of the room. A great option for those who share their abode with furry friends, the LG PuriCare Pet eliminates pet-related odors up to 55 percent more effectively than the standard LG PuriCare 360° model.2 With its specialized Pet Mode, it can draw in pet hair, as well as dust and other microscopic particles as small as 0.01 micrometers in size thanks to HEPA Filter3, to help keep the home free of sneeze- and itch-inducing allergens.

And then there is the PuriCare Mini Air Purifier, a model that provides supreme portability with a size and weight equivalent to that of a plastic, 500 milliliter bottle of water. Fitting easily on a desk, table or car seat, PuriCare Mini can refresh the user’s immediate environment for up to eight hours on a single charge and also collects dust from the air to ease allergy-related problems.4 What’s more, the Bluetooth-enabled device lets users monitor the quality of the air around them via the LG ThinQ app for smartphone.

In conjunction with effective air purification, a high-quality vacuum cleaner is essential to creating a healthy, hygienic place to live. Making its debut at CES 2021, LG’s latest cordless stick vacuum, the CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor+, comes with a brand-new charging station that automatically empties the vacuum’s dustbin. This outstanding feature saves users from a messy job and prevents dust from escaping back into the environment.
      Another excellent feature of the new CordZero model is its ability to transform from vacuum to mop (and back again) with its easy-change cleaning attachments. With the Power Mop attached, LG’s multifunctional cleaning solution sucks in dust while wetting and cleaning the floor. Conveniently, water is automatically dispensed into the mop head to keep it from getting dry, thereby ensuring optimal results and minimizing fuss for the user.

LG even provides a way to remove germs and bacteria as well as allergens5 from clothes while simultaneously delivering that freshly dry-cleaned look without any expensive, time-consuming trips to an actual dry cleaner. Introducing the amazing LG Styler.
      From jackets to dresses, from business shirts to pants and winter coats, LG Styler can refresh and revitalize all kinds of clothing as well as items like teddy bears and backpacks. The Styler uses LG’s TrueSteam® technology to ensure the hygiene of users’ garments, and moving hangers to shake out any unsightly wrinkles. It also has the Pants Press feature built into its door, which creates a sharp pants crease that helps users look good and frees them from the hassle of ironing.

Assisting consumers and their loved ones to stay healthy both inside and outside the home, the latest solutions from LG deliver impressive hygiene benefits and peace of mind. And during these trying times, those are two things that can really mean a lot.
      Stay tuned for future installments of TECH TRENDS here at LG Beyond News.
      # # #
      1 Blocks 99.95 percent of harmful particles with 99.95 percent elimination rate H13 HEPA filters, removing micro particles such as dust, virus, bacteria and allergen. Certified by TÜV Rheinland for eliminating 97.3 percent of viruses and 93.5 percent of bacteria in 8m3 room and 99.1 percent of pollen in 3m3 room with ambient temperature of 25°C (± 2°) and relative humidity of 50 (±10) percent. Product specifications may vary depending on regions and performance results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      2 Test conducted by TÜV Rheinland comparing maximum suction of PuriCare Pet (model AS190DNPA) and standard PuriCare (model AS199DWA) in 8m3 lab at temperature of 23.0° C (± 5.0°) with a relative humidity of 55 percent (± 15 percent). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      3 Test conducted by Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM). Based on internal testing methods using PuriCare 360° (AS281DAW) in a chamber of 30m3. Results demonstrated that, on average, LG PuriCare is at least 95 percent effective at deodorizing ammonia, acetaldehyde, acetic acid, toluene and formaldehyde. It is also 100 percent effective at removing toluene, and formaldehyde from an enclosed environment (KIMM standard test conditions: 4m2, substances used in test: SO2, NO2). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors),
      4 Test conducted by Intertek for clearing 99% of 0.3㎛ particulate matter at the High Speed Mode(H) within 155 minutes in the space of 8m3. Results may vary on depending on the environment and use of the unit.
      5 Test conducted by Korean Apparel Testing and Research Institute (KATRI). Steam Hygiene option sanitizes 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pneumococcal bacillus, for 6.4 kilograms load, the international standard test load. Also, certified by the British Allergy Foundation (BAF) for reducing 99.9 percent of house dust mite allergens and Esche-richia coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Certified as an asthma and allergy friendly® appliance by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Russell Acton
      Anyone having issues with Homekit showing 'updating' message after TV have been turned off? (OLED65BX6LB purchased Feb2021)
      Can turn off via Homekit...can change inputs. Can use ThinQ to turn off.
      Have tried to disable all Eco modes, turn on "Turn on with Wireless" but to no avail.
      Anyone found a solution? 
    • By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.