Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Lubomir Ivanov

Subtitles on 43UK6200PLA

Question

Hello.

I have a problem and whatever I do, the TV can't show subtitles unless they are embedded in the movie.

I have movies on my PC, connected to the same network as the TV.

The movies folder is shared and also I enabled streaming, so I can watch the movies from any device.

I go to Photos & Videos (or I choose the PC stream directly from inputs menu), I go to the movie folder.

When embedded subtitles everything is OK, but if subtitles are on .sub or .srt file the TV seem to ignore them.

I open the TV options go to Accessibility turned the subtitles on, restarted the TV and PC, start the movie again and NOTHING the subtitle option is grayed!

I even tried different character encoding for example ANSI or UTF-8 and NOTHING again!!!

The subtitles are on the same folder, with exactly the same name - example:

Name of movie file "Tom Clancys The Division Agent Origins.mkv"

Name of subtitle file "Tom Clancys The Division Agent Origins.srt" (even if I change it to .sub)

Please LG dev team, FIX THIS crap, or I (and many others that want damned subtitles) will never buy your TVs again...

PS: I  have tried dozen of ways to watch the movie, but no success with subtitles.

The only way to have subtitles is to embed them with program or to use HDMI cable and play the movie from the PC.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS, IT'S 2019 FFS :@ I AM SO PISSED!!!

3 answers to this question

You should try some other DLNA server. For example, Plex, Serviio... I am using Plex server on my NAS, and XPlay application on TV. With this combination I can use subtitles in different languages if I name files as follows:
Movie.mp4
Movie.en.srt
Movie.de.srt

Strange, I have played movies from a USB stick in the TV with subtitles without problems. Also from an attached harddisk.

Maybe it works differently when using a shared disc.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, Lubomir Ivanov said:

Please LG dev team, FIX THIS crap, or I (and many others that want damned subtitles) will never buy your TVs again...

The LG dev team is not on this forum. This is a user to user forum (like it says on the top of the page).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.