Quantcast

QWERTZ instead QWERTY keyboard layout in Poland

maniel

Question

4 answers to this question

If I google for Polish keyboard layout I get QWERTZ (

link hidden, please login to view
). Maybe nobody uses it (like the Dutch keyboard) but it could be the official keyboard layout. 

As far as I know most people use the US-International. Maybe you can change the keyboard layout without changing the language.

in Poland we do have two keyboard layouts officially, typist's one (QWERTZ)  and programmer's one (QWERTY),  but personally i don't know anyone who uses QWERTZ and never seen a keyboard with such layout sold here in Poland, i don't also think it's regional thing etc.

as an IT guy it's most common user error when user switches them by mistake and calls us screaming the keyboard broke because it writes z in place of y and vice versa

also haven't found layout setting in tv's menu, you just get it as 'Polish',  of course i could select English keyboard (i think it's default, English and "local' keyboard when choosing localisation) but i'd have to change back to Polish to use Polish accents signs etc

Here in the Netherland I have never seen a Dutch keyboard but the do exist.

But back to your problem. On my LG (47LB670V) in the 5th menu from the top (General setting) I can choose the language, but also the keyboard languages. Is that not what you are looking for?

of course, i'm familiar with this menu, when Polish language of the device is set two keyboards are default English and Polish (both grayed out), there's only one Polish keyboard to choose, and it's QWERTZ, you probably can see it yourself on your device

also they told me on their Polish facebook fanpage that QWERTZ keyboard is intended and there is no bug, which is infuriating