Quantcast

43UJ630V - AUDIO OUTPUT SYNC GETS WORSE THE LONGER TV IS ON

If you want the whole story, read this: 

link hidden, please login to view

Otherwise, here's the relatively short and sweet version:

I bought an LG 43UJ630V  and a Samsung HW-K450 2 weeks ago.
When connected to the soundbar (either digital optical or HDMI ARC), they are in sync.
When left on for around 2 hours though, I'll start noticing the lips are not correctly syncing up with the words.
By the 3-4 hour mark being left on, it's atrocious.
I expect to have to have to set the av sync initially, but changing it every hour as it slowly drifts out of sync - this is clearly a technical fault.
When I plug the soundbar directly into my Sky box (set-top box) there are no issues of drifting audio sync.
Changing settings, updating firmware, using different wires, nothing makes a jot of difference unfortunately.

I determined the problem was with the processing of the digital output audio signal in the TV's internals.
I returned my TV for a replacement, and bought a new sound bar to go with it - an LG SH4D 2.1 - figuring that the samsung soundbar may have been incompatible.
Yesterday I set it all up, but found after 3-4 hours of being left on, the audio was wildly out of sync again.

In this example I set the audio so it would output via digital output and internal speakers. The latency between the 2 is so bad you can't even call it echo. This demonstrates how badly out of sync the soundbar output gets compared to the internal speaker.
Remember - this is my second 43UJ630V and a different soundbar, and yet the problem returned in exactly the same way.
After recording that video I tried connecting my Samsung soundbar instead and it was exactly the same.

There is clearly a fault with this model or the entire UJ630V range.
I hope it can be fixed in a firmware update.
Ignoring momentarily the fault, and the countless hours and stress this has caused - I rather like this model. I'd prefer to fix it instead of sending it back for a refund.

I don't understand why I cannot find anyone else reporting the same problems. When I spoke to LG a week ago describing the problem, they told me a fault like this hadn't been reported before... But I've proven beyond a doubt that the problem is there, and probably afflicts a great number of people.
I've emailed LG but I'm sure they'll just fob me off again. I plan to give them a ring later, but again, I'm not sure what good this will do.

I've diagnosed the problem, and I cannot be the only one experiencing this problem. It is probably addressable in a firmware update if I can bring it LG's attention.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i have a 43UJ630V and am being driven mad by the poor sound sync between the TV and my Sony Home Cinema, I connect via HDMI & Optical. 

Vision lags behind the sound typically by about 1 second or so, but it seems constant and doesn’t change with time. 

Move tried all sorts but can’t make any difference; it does the same whether I play a DVD on the Home Cinema, stream off internet via Home Cinema or TV, or watch tv with sound out through Home Cinema; clearly something is wrong!

Before the LG I had a Sony TV connected the same way and it worked perfectly. 

I suspect the delay may be with the upscaling of the images but can’t see any control. 

So although my problem is slightly different to yours, it does confirm something is wrong with the tv. 

Maybe the tv needs a control to change the sync?

Andy

I bought the oled65c7p and I have the same problem just with the tv, no sound bar or other sound equipment.  The tv picture is way ahead of the tv sound.  It seems to get worse over time.  All of the adjustments result in a temporary fix and it eventually reverts back to the sound being way behind the picture, so much so that the -5 adjustment is not enough.  I did find that disabling the Dolby output from my directv box  and changing it to pcm results in a synced sound and picture.  But now I don’t have Dolby sound, just stereo.  It seems the LG tv can’t proess the Dolby signal from the satellite box, my Samsung tv did not have this problem.

After struggling with this problem for almost a month I finally decided to send it back and get a different model.

I got a 50" 4k HDR Samsung TV yesterday and it's such a massive improvement. Didn't have to do any sound sync adjustment, it just works with the Samsung sound bar as you'd expect. So easy.

It' such a relief. I am over the moon with my Samsung.

I would recommend anyone who is experiencing the same or similar problems to what I described, send it back and get a different TV, preferably not LG.

LG have proven themselves entirely incompetent throughout this fiasco. It appears they simply don't care that an entire range/batch of TVs are faulty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 11:20 PM, Tom Wilson said:

After struggling with this problem for almost a month I finally decided to send it back and get a different model.

I got a 50" 4k HDR Samsung TV yesterday and it's such a massive improvement. Didn't have to do any sound sync adjustment, it just works with the Samsung sound bar as you'd expect. So easy.

It' such a relief. I am over the moon with my Samsung.

I would recommend anyone who is experiencing the same or similar problems to what I described, send it back and get a different TV, preferably not LG.

LG have proven themselves entirely incompetent throughout this fiasco. It appears they simply don't care that an entire range/batch of TVs are faulty.

AS I Said in a post, LG is trying to sell its other devices ( LG Headphone, Camera,...), but it may loss even LG Smart TV market.

Matching these LG TVs with your favorite sound devices are terrible...