Quantcast
Jump to content

  • Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

    Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Rolf

Amazon Music

Recommended Posts

Just recently I bought a new LG55UJ634 with webOS3.5.

The remote control has an Amazon button, but when clicking on it, no Amazon Music is available...

So I kindly request to add Amazon Music to the app store. I have an Amazon stick and wanted to use my new TV without this (accustic problems,etc.).

Hope for your support.

Best,

 

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have the same request.  I have tried  to  use the Web browser  and find that it will not work with amazon music. I have gotten  Jango to load and play  in the browser .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I encourage everyone to report the Web browser issue to Amazon.  If Pandora works Amazon Music should be able to. 

I tried Amazon Support  but basically got ignored.  We need some numbers.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:32 PM, mbrumm said:

I have the same request.  I have tried  to  use the Web browser  and find that it will not work with amazon music. I have gotten  Jango to load and play  in the browser .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2018 at 11:02 PM, michail71 said:

I encourage everyone to report the Web browser issue to Amazon.  If Pandora works Amazon Music should be able to. 

I tried Amazon Support  but basically got ignored.  We need some numbers.

 

Can you point us to the particular support page you used to contact Amazon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The reason Amazon Music will not work on the LG browser is because Amazon like many other streaming services requires Flash on their Amazon Music portal/web page.  

FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you can explain the following messsage from Amazon Music when I have flash disabled? Additionally, if for some inexpicable reason Opera can stream Amazon Music without flash, it doesn't resolved the issue of accessing the site from an LG which only allows internet access from the default in-house browser and would display the same message as below.

image.thumb.png.94c4b96c7b3d5794f1c539218165011b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, bill456 said:

perhaps you can explain the following messsage from Amazon Music when I have flash disabled.

image.thumb.png.94c4b96c7b3d5794f1c539218165011b.png

Absolutely no idea, I am just going by https://seositecheckup.com telling me there are no Flash elements, and that I have support for it disabled in Opera.

Quite rightly Flash is never going to be supported in webOS, the same as it does not receive support by iOS devices and Samsung TVs.   It is a dying product; which no one in their right mind would spend money on developing support for at this late stage in its life cycle.

Contacting Amazon to add you voice to those who want webOS to be better represented would be a good move.  An actual app would be the best case scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

Contacting Amazon to add you voice to those who want webOS to be better represented would be a good move.  An actual app would be the best case scenario. 

I agree, have contacted Amazon, and others who remain steadfast in their use of Flash. I strongly suspect that time will be the determinate factor as it appears that Adobe will be designating Flash as obsolete, providing no support or security patches whatsoever, by 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×