Quantcast

Popcorn Time DLNA with no subtitles

Samuel Gubert

Question

Hi guys,

I really need some help.

I have a LG smart TV with WebOS 3.0 updated.

I am trying stream a Popcorn Time video from my smartphone Android.

When I cast video direct to WebOs (using DLNA from Popcort and webos smartshare ) the subtitles are not shown. Neither the subtitles button on WebOs player turns enabled. The video play very well.

When I do exactly the same thing, but cast to ChromeCast, so the subtitles are loaded perfectly.

Sny idea?

4 answers to this question

between you device and tv one program work . Par exemple,between PC and TV LG using DLNA, work LG smartshare (external program,must be installed on PC).This know how to insert subtitles into video stream and work fine.You LG is good...you device same.You program between device and TV is bad.Know chromecast,mirchast but NOT KNOW  what you need.Change it.Succes

It could be a problem of de DNLA server you are using.

I have used the Plex DNLA server, but couldn't get the subtitles working.

After this I used Serviio and then it worked.

Now I am using the Plex App on the LG TV and a Plex server, for me that is the best solution. Subtitles working and a very nice interface.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By delos
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new here, so first of all, hello I'm delos.
      I own two LG OLED55G19 TVs, one at home and one elsewhere. At home, I have a QNAP NAS (TS451) with DLNA functionality. Accessing it at home works great.
      The "Home" and "External" networks are connected via VPN. Thus, both networks have different network addresses.
      Now I want to access the home network from the external network with the LG via VPN in order to integrate the DLNA server. The LG doesn't "see" the external server because it's not in the same network. However, I wonder why you can't just enter the IP address of the server in the LG.
      Does anyone have a solution?

Many greetings
      delos
    • By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By dzoole
      Can you add opaque box for subtitlws when we warch from smart share, external hdd etc... so practicly in thw subtitle menu choose for opaque box and transparency. Thanks in advance
    • By Babybeauty Thomas
      I just reset my TV and it's asking for my time zone, my time zone (Louisiana)isn't one of the opinions what do I need to do?
    • By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
  • Similar Tagged Content