Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

exe127

Just bought 43UH7500 last week. Can it have an update to webOS 3.5?

1 post in this topic

Just bought 43UH7500 last week. It comes with webOS 3.0

Can it have an update to webOS 3.5 like the model in 2017?

Customer loyalty will be enhanced if the manufacturer provides such after sales service. 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By Martlea
      Still getting the oft reported out of memory error with latest 2017 smart tv's running very latest WebOS and App updates. So annoying LG cannot fix this problem which as been ongoing since at least 2015.ti little more than trite suggestions to re-start the TV or remove unused Apps etc.
      Problem seems to be either insufficient memory installed to run WebOS apps properly or a major problem with WebOS ability to properly manage what memory there is.
      Combined with pitifull lack of USB ports quickly occupied with hard drive if recording and time machine functionality is required the 'smart' features seem poor compared to other manufacturers now. 
    • By Krash01
      Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?
    • By Hunter_S
      I have a 55LJ550M (WebOS 3.5) TV, connected to an A/V Receiver via ARC.
      Per the online documentation, when the TV encounters AAC audio, it will transcode that audio to Dolby Digital for transmission over ARC. See: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1437136302910-others
      However, the sound quality is very poor when this occurs. The sound is full of compression artifacts, and with some older A/V Receivers, this causes the sound to periodically cut-out.
      Some of the WebOS applications affected by this issue are YouTube (which mostly uses AAC audio), any Netflix stereo programming, and using the Music\Photo\Video app to play music or videos with AAC audio. To me, it makes the entire YouTube application unusable.
      Honestly, I'm surprised that WebOS doesn't just output PCM audio over ARC whenever it encounters AAC. This would make more sense, and it would require less processing power and sound much better. (I know that I can set the TV to output everything to PCM over ARC, but I do not want to lose DD 5.1 and DTS sound from other programming which works perfectly).
      Is this behavior a known WebOS 3.5 issue? I know that my unit is a one of the cheaper LG sets--it is possible that this particular set is just too under-powered to function as designed?

• By Ben Ten
      i want to use widenvine DRM in my App on WebOS platform.  My worry point is that - does widevine on webos tv platform stores the decrypted licensed content permanently on LG TV or not? kindly help me in knowing this. it will be great if you can provide some detailed functionality to understand the same. I have explored http://webostv.developer.lge.com/develop/app-developer-guide/playing-drm-content/?wos_flag=Widevine#Widevine but it is not explaining the encryption/decryption functions in detail.