Quantcast

Hotstar App For India

Bhavesh

Question

On 4/16/2019 at 7:40 AM, teja4721 said:

I think as of now they are rolling out for India.

Screenshot_2019-04-16-07-39-05-655_com.twitter.android.png

yes its available.. check the vedio i made .. but somehow the prmium content doesnt work well. too much laggy.. only premium content  

link hidden, please login to view

3 hours ago, Divyu said:

yes its available.. check the vedio i made .. but somehow the prmium content doesnt work well. too much laggy.. only premium content  

link hidden, please login to view

Mine works perfectly. Using it on two tv’s now. No problem playing premium content.  The only mild issue is missing subtitles with the big bang theory. Not much of a concern now.

I haven’t faced video stuttering till date. 

Wish they add dolby 5.1 soon. 

17 minutes ago, Adit said:

I have an LG 43UF690T which is running WebOS 04.05.85. Can someone at LG let me know when I can expect hotstar to be available in the content store?

I don’t think LG would be answering that. According to the WebOS version it should have been available by now but I guess its a combination of model nos & WebOS version. A lot of older models inspite of having the required WebOS version haven’t received it.

Contact hotstar at [email protected] or [email protected] .

You can also tweet @hotsartweets

• Like 1

@Adit The webos version specified by you is firmware version rather than webos version. According to hotstar, only tvs with webos 3.5 and above will receive the update. The tv model specified by you has webos version 2.0 when checked in specifications. So contact hotstar whether they are making the app compatible with version 3.5 below tvs

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Karan Batra said:

I don’t think LG would be answering that. According to the WebOS version it should have been available by now but I guess its a combination of model nos & WebOS version. A lot of older models inspite of having the required WebOS version haven’t received it.

Contact hotstar at [email protected] or [email protected] .

You can also tweet @hotsartweets

Thanks for the feedback

15 hours ago, teja4721 said:

@Adit The webos version specified by you is firmware version rather than webos version. According to hotstar, only tvs with webos 3.5 and above will receive the update. The tv model specified by you has webos version 2.0 when checked in specifications. So contact hotstar whether they are making the app compatible with version 3.5 below tvs

How do I check the webos version on the TV? I'm only able to see the firmware version in the 'About'option.

I read that on Google "Hotstar is now available on webOs on LG tv. Go toLG content store and search for hotstar. Download the app and then you can use it from recent app drawer.Dec 16, 2018" why you peeps facing prob? you peeps can go for other sources to watch hotstar like hulu and kodi like i do, and if i face probs using kodi or hulu i use purevpn to get through such problems. 

You can read out reviews on best hulu and kodi vpns available out there at 
https://rivipedia.com/best-hulu-vpn/

https://rivipedia.com/best-kodi-vpn/

1 hour ago, Sivakumar Rajendran said:

Hi, am having LG TV model no 43lh600t-tb. And web OS version is 3.3.4-4413. I am not seeing Hotstar app in LG content store. Please let me know is it possible to update the web is version and how to do that. Firmware is up to date . Thanks 

hotstar is available for WebOS 3.5 & above.

(now Disney+hotstar)

On 3/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Karan Batra said:

No settings are not concerned. You should be on the lastest WebOS version. Check for any updates.

If still not, then your model might get it soon. I have a 2018 one.

F58F9DEE-5EDD-41A8-A31B-94B18C965150.jpeg

Please do check my TV Model and webOS as we check we don't find any software update in out TV

TV info
[LG] webOSTV UH650T
Software Version

On 4/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, Karan Batra said:

Please read all the messages. The app has already been launched on March 22,2019. Its being rolled out in batches and your tv should get it soon.

Make sure you are on the latest webOS version. Check for any updates.

What tv model do you have and which year?

I have 49UH850T model 2016 year. Will this support hotstar?

14 minutes ago, Anil Kumar S O said:

I have 49UH850T model 2016 year. Will this support hotstar?

Go ot settings and then TV Information.  See the WebOS version. You should have WebOS 3.5 or above to get the app. 

If you haven’t got the app by now its very unlikely that you’ll get it. 

Since you have a 2016 model tv its better to invest in a fire tv stick or airtel xstream box. They will go a long way in supporting apps.