Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Bhavesh

Hotstar App For India

Question

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

I don't see its app available on LG Store.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Bhavesh

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

81 answers to this question

On 4/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ruchir Amrivala said:

I have 2015 43LF6300 and the OS version is 04.06.00. 

Is hotstar coming on this TV? & when?

I have an 2016 43lh600t and my web os is 3.3 and firmware version in 5.xx.xx.When contacted hotstar i was told it only supports tvs with webos 3.5 and above since their platform is not compatible for webos below 3.5.☹️

On 4/14/2019 at 1:03 AM, balagamer said:

Worst behaviour by hotstar

link hidden, please login to view

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Really infuriating to read this. What even is their reason? 

13 hours ago, teja4721 said:

I have an 2016 43lh600t and my web os is 3.3 and firmware version in 5.xx.xx.When contacted hotstar i was told it only supports tvs with webos 3.5 and above since their platform is not compatible for webos below 3.5.☹️

But can't you update your version of the WebOS or maybe request for it if it's not manually possible? 

@Vas 

1 hour ago, Vas said:

But can't you update your version of the WebOS or maybe request for it if it's not manually possible? 

I contacted LG team regarding web os update, they said only firmware updates will be given, No webos upgrades 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ruchir Amrivala said:

I have 2015 43LF6300 and the OS version is 04.06.00. 

Is hotstar coming on this TV? & when?

24 minutes ago, azam khan said:

i have lg 3d smart tv model LB6500 40 INCHES

HOTSTAR APP IS NOT IN LG STORE

PLEASE HELP

What is the web os version of your tv?.I think its webos 2.0.Hotstar told that only webos 3.5 or above tvs support hotstar

3 hours ago, bizzysurfer said:

@Karan Batra  game of thrones was very laggy/sluggish for me on WebOS. Did it work fine for you? What is your TV model?

Mine is 2018 65UK6360. Game of thrones plays flawlessly with subtitles on even on the simulcast. The Picture quality is a lot better than Firestick which I was using previously. hotstar is a little unoptimised as compared to other streaming platforms and hence requires more bandwidth. What speed do you have and what tv?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:38 AM, Karthiknakka said:

I still don't see it in LG content store 

Yeah, I have been using it on my 2018 4K tv since its launch on March 22,2019. The app has some bugs but not a deal breaker. 

Bugs like sometimes it fails to start due to server time mismatch and you have to click on retry once and it starts just fine,  the other is no subtitles in the big bang theory. 

Rest all is good, picture quality is superb , much better than the firestick that I was using earlier. Interface is basically the same.

make sure you are on the latest webOS version. Below 3.5 is not compatible as of now.

EDIT - This has happened the first time yesterday night ,the app has stopped playing anything at all. Server Error. Unable to generate security certificate. 

A lot of people have been facing problems, but i was lucky enough to get away with just an app restart but not today.

Hotstar is the worst. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, Karan Batra said:

Yes. It is not as snappy as the firestick app which I was previously using, but the picture quality is definitely better. Load times a tad higher. Still it does the job.

I have given my feedback to the hotstar tech team and hope the future updates will make it better. They are yet to provide 5.1 sound.They are working on it too.

I cannot find it on my LG Store. I have LG 49UB850T model and currently using the update version 05.05.75. Please help to find the app on LG store.

14 minutes ago, Sunil Kumar Nayak said:

I cannot find it on my LG Store. I have LG 49UB850T model and currently using the update version 05.05.75. Please help to find the app on LG store.

Sadly I can’t help. It might be they haven’t released it for your model yet. You can write a mail to [email protected] or [email protected] along with these details and they would tell you if they have released the app for your tv. 

If you don’t mind you can factory reset your tv and try , might work, hit or miss.