Quantcast

Hotstar App For India

Bhavesh

Question

15 minutes ago, balagamer said:

Afaik 1080p is the max resolution hotstar is providing. Its upto the respective TV upscale mechanism to provide enhanced quality. Wish they add 4k hdr and Dolby vision contents soon

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I agree. It's odd that Hotstar doesn't have 4K content given that it's a streaming giant. Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it. 

On 3/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Karan Batra said:

No settings are not concerned. You should be on the lastest WebOS version. Check for any updates.

If still not, then your model might get it soon. I have a 2018 one.

F58F9DEE-5EDD-41A8-A31B-94B18C965150.jpeg

Hi, could you please share your exact model number? 

11 hours ago, Vas said:

Hi, could you please share your exact model number? 

65UK6360PTE

6 hours ago, Ruchir Amrivala said:

I have 2015 43LF6300 and the OS version is 04.06.00. 

Is hotstar coming on this TV? & when?

Should come, mught be a little later. I assume you have Netflix and prime video, then there is no reason for hostar not to work. They are rolling out in batches and since yours is an older model you might have to wait a bit.

4 hours ago, Sai Krishna said:

Hi,

I don't see hot star app available on LG Store.

Please have basic popular apps so that even customer get attracted to LG smart TV's.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Krishna

Please read all the messages. The app has already been launched on March 22,2019. Its being rolled out in batches and your tv should get it soon.

Make sure you are on the latest webOS version. Check for any updates.

What tv model do you have and which year?

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ruchir Amrivala said:

I have an 2016 43lh600t and my web os is 3.3 and firmware version in 5.xx.xx.When contacted hotstar i was told it only supports tvs with webos 3.5 and above since their platform is not compatible for webos below 3.5.☹️

13 hours ago, teja4721 said:

I have an 2016 43lh600t and my web os is 3.3 and firmware version in 5.xx.xx.When contacted hotstar i was told it only supports tvs with webos 3.5 and above since their platform is not compatible for webos below 3.5.☹️

But can't you update your version of the WebOS or maybe request for it if it's not manually possible? 

@Vas 

1 hour ago, Vas said:

But can't you update your version of the WebOS or maybe request for it if it's not manually possible? 

I contacted LG team regarding web os update, they said only firmware updates will be given, No webos upgrades 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ruchir Amrivala said:

3 hours ago, bizzysurfer said:

@Karan Batra  game of thrones was very laggy/sluggish for me on WebOS. Did it work fine for you? What is your TV model?

Mine is 2018 65UK6360. Game of thrones plays flawlessly with subtitles on even on the simulcast. The Picture quality is a lot better than Firestick which I was using previously. hotstar is a little unoptimised as compared to other streaming platforms and hence requires more bandwidth. What speed do you have and what tv?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:38 AM, Karthiknakka said:

I still don't see it in LG content store 

Yeah, I have been using it on my 2018 4K tv since its launch on March 22,2019. The app has some bugs but not a deal breaker. 

Bugs like sometimes it fails to start due to server time mismatch and you have to click on retry once and it starts just fine,  the other is no subtitles in the big bang theory. 

Rest all is good, picture quality is superb , much better than the firestick that I was using earlier. Interface is basically the same.

make sure you are on the latest webOS version. Below 3.5 is not compatible as of now.

EDIT - This has happened the first time yesterday night ,the app has stopped playing anything at all. Server Error. Unable to generate security certificate. 

A lot of people have been facing problems, but i was lucky enough to get away with just an app restart but not today.

Hotstar is the worst. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, Karan Batra said:

Yes. It is not as snappy as the firestick app which I was previously using, but the picture quality is definitely better. Load times a tad higher. Still it does the job.

I have given my feedback to the hotstar tech team and hope the future updates will make it better. They are yet to provide 5.1 sound.They are working on it too.

I cannot find it on my LG Store. I have LG 49UB850T model and currently using the update version 05.05.75. Please help to find the app on LG store.

14 minutes ago, Sunil Kumar Nayak said:

I cannot find it on my LG Store. I have LG 49UB850T model and currently using the update version 05.05.75. Please help to find the app on LG store.

Sadly I can’t help. It might be they haven’t released it for your model yet. You can write a mail to [email protected] or [email protected] along with these details and they would tell you if they have released the app for your tv. 

If you don’t mind you can factory reset your tv and try , might work, hit or miss.