Quantcast

Hotstar App For India

Bhavesh

Question

On 3/26/2019 at 9:27 AM, Gunjan Khanwilkar said:

I am not sure which version I got for webos but I am on latest as I have recently updated it. I got LG OLED B8 2018 model and I can see the app in LG store and it is installed as well in my TV.

Hi, are you able to use the Hotstar app on your TV now? If yes, any issues? 

On 1/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, Bhavesh said:

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

I don't see its app available on LG Store.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Bhavesh

i think this is user to user forum only & LG supporters  wont reply..

• Like 3

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mayank Khanduja said:

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

Thanks for the update! I hope to see webos app at earliest!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, azam khan said:

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

Thanks,

azam khan

Hi Azam,

Yes Hotstar are developing an app, but at the moment it is many months behind schedule probably because they needed to update the backend of their infrastructure to update/remove outdated and esoteric software, i.e. Adobe Flash.  Forum user have in the meantime reported that they are now able to view the Hotstar website via the webOS browser without issue, which is something they were unable to do previously. 

Edited by George Hofmeister
Typed the wrong thing, it made no sense....
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

Have you installed it, and if so is it any good?

Yes. It is not as snappy as the firestick app which I was previously using, but the picture quality is definitely better. Load times a tad higher. Still it does the job.

I have given my feedback to the hotstar tech team and hope the future updates will make it better. They are yet to provide 5.1 sound.They are working on it too.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 12:09 PM, Bhavesh said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Bhavesh

It's available now but unfortunately it doesn't work atleast for me when I logged in to app and trying to play some content it throws error.

2 hours ago, Ankitt said:

I am on Webos 4.10.31 which is the latest update for my Tv, it’s a 2018 model as well. But I still don’t see the hotstar app

I am not sure which version I got for webos but I am on latest as I have recently updated it. I got LG OLED B8 2018 model and I can see the app in LG store and it is installed as well in my TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful
    • By Ishan Kurnal
      When will Disney+Hotstar update to support 4K HDR on WebOS Version 5.1? Disney+Hotstar is streaming 4K HDR in Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick. Then when WebOs will start streaming 4K HDR? Disney+Hotstar was last updated on 3/4/20. When will a new update will come with 4K HDR support in WebOS?
    • By San Lam
      Why Netflix is not available in LG content store? My LG smart TV model is [LG] webOS TV UM7290PTD and my country region is Cambodia.
    • By News Reporter
      LG Continues to Push the Limits of Future Mobility with Advanced ADAS Technology

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) and Mercedes-Benz AG were named joint winners this week at the annual AutoSens Awards, a global celebration of autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
      Every year the AutoSens conference recognizes companies for innovations in six categories of which LG was nominated in two: 2020 Vision Award and Hardware Development of the Year. The 2020 Vision Award was bestowed to LG and Mercedes-Benz in recognition of their influence, sustainability, contribution to the industry and inspiration to future technologies. The Hardware Development of the Year award was given to LG for successfully commercializing its front multipurpose camera technology beyond the concept stage. LG and Mercedes-Benz have been on ADAS camera technology for the past seven years, seeing the fruits of their labor commercialized in the new sedan which launched last month.
      First started in 2015, the AutoSens Awards celebrates the best innovations and innovators in ADAS and autonomous vehicle technology. Every year, representatives from automakers, suppliers, research labs and academia take part in AutoSens online communities, conferences and training modules, exhibition events and workshops to better understand the fast-growing autonomous vehicle industry, which could not exist without ADAS technology.
      Dr. Park Young-kyung, a Vision AI expert at LG, and Dr. Benjamin Marx of Mercedes-Benz’ multi-purpose camera team accepted the award and delivered a speech where they described the rewarding experience of working together for many years to develop a camera solution that improved real-life safety and met the strict European NCAP safety requirements. The state-of-the-art technology developed by the two companies is capable of taking advantage of deep learning and multi radar sensors to deliver significantly more environmental data to the central processing unit for analysis. More data results in better analysis and greater safety.
      “Demonstration value to our automotive customers is the ultimate reward for LG,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Being honored together with Mercedes-Benz is very meaningful to LG as we strive to contribute toward innovation in future mobility.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By Ishan Kurnal
      When will Disney+Hotstar update to support 4K HDR on WebOS Version 5.1? Disney+Hotstar is streaming 4K HDR in Android TV, Apple TV, Firestick. Then when WebOs will start streaming 4K HDR? Disney+Hotstar was last updated on 3/4/20. When will a new update will come with 4K HDR support in WebOS?
    • By Sona
      Dear pls help this issue lg 3D smart tv brought from Saudi to India all apps not working  country setting India doesn’t appear so what to do pls help
      thx
      ahmed

• By Aravind babu
      Hotstar premium contents not playing in my smart tv.  Attached the screenshot 
      Model name: LG UP77 2021 model