Hotstar App For India

Question

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi, HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more. I don't see its app available on LG Store. Any plan to launch Hotstar app for We

i think this is user to user forum only & LG supporters  wont reply..

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply   Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made availa

Posted Images

On 3/26/2019 at 9:27 AM, Gunjan Khanwilkar said:

I am not sure which version I got for webos but I am on latest as I have recently updated it. I got LG OLED B8 2018 model and I can see the app in LG store and it is installed as well in my TV.

Hi, are you able to use the Hotstar app on your TV now? If yes, any issues? 

On 1/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, Bhavesh said:

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

I don't see its app available on LG Store.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Bhavesh

i think this is user to user forum only & LG supporters  wont reply..

• Like 3

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mayank Khanduja said:

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

Thanks for the update! I hope to see webos app at earliest!!

• Like 3
13 hours ago, azam khan said:

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

Thanks,

azam khan

Hi Azam,

Yes Hotstar are developing an app, but at the moment it is many months behind schedule probably because they needed to update the backend of their infrastructure to update/remove outdated and esoteric software, i.e. Adobe Flash.  Forum user have in the meantime reported that they are now able to view the Hotstar website via the webOS browser without issue, which is something they were unable to do previously. 

Edited by George Hofmeister
Typed the wrong thing, it made no sense....
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

Have you installed it, and if so is it any good?

Yes. It is not as snappy as the firestick app which I was previously using, but the picture quality is definitely better. Load times a tad higher. Still it does the job.

I have given my feedback to the hotstar tech team and hope the future updates will make it better. They are yet to provide 5.1 sound.They are working on it too.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2017 at 12:09 PM, Bhavesh said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Bhavesh

It's available now but unfortunately it doesn't work atleast for me when I logged in to app and trying to play some content it throws error.

2 hours ago, Ankitt said:

I am on Webos 4.10.31 which is the latest update for my Tv, it’s a 2018 model as well. But I still don’t see the hotstar app

I am not sure which version I got for webos but I am on latest as I have recently updated it. I got LG OLED B8 2018 model and I can see the app in LG store and it is installed as well in my TV.