Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bhavesh

Hotstar App For India

Question

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

I don't see its app available on LG Store.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Bhavesh

2 people like this

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

9 answers to this question

Bro, I also had same problem, I was missing hotstar in my big 50" screen, but I got a solution, GOOGLE CHORMECAST, chromecast did it job wonderfully, it works in my non smart tv too, check full details on hotstar app site at hotstar for smart tv guide

It had cost me around 3k inr, it is worth of each penny.  check its features and stop waiting for smart tv version.

Regards,

Nash

when are you guys going to provide support for hotstar?? this is a must have app in India and is very popular, there is no use to buy a smartTV  if there is so much issue in the availability of a video content App.

2 people like this

On 1/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, Bhavesh said:

Hi,

HotStar is very popular application in india which allows you to watch tv shows/movies and lot more.

I don't see its app available on LG Store.

Any plan to launch Hotstar app for WebOS Store??

Thanks,

Bhavesh

i think this is user to user forum only & LG supporters  wont reply..

1 person likes this

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Mayank Khanduja said:

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

Thanks for the update! I hope to see webos app at earliest!!

2 people like this

Thanks for the Update Mayank

Nice discussion

I want to share my experience with hotstar I am from the USA, and I had face a lot of issue in accessing Hotstar in the USA, but finally, VPN sorts out my problem now I am watching the hot star in the USA without any hurdle.