Quantcast

HBOGo / SHOWTIME Anytime

I'm sure there is a good reason that HBOGO and Showtime Anytime are not available as premium apps on the new OLED 2016 models but seriously, but it's so disappointing. I have a cablebox and I'm looking to simple my life through smart tv and would prefer if I could just cancel my HBO on demand subscription and showtime subscription through cable and pay for the Apps because I never watch live tv. I also don't want to have purchase a Roku or Amazon stick. I mean maybe I should Roku remotes could control my tv?

Anyway here is one request - please add HBOGO and Showtime anytime to the LG smartv webos3.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I shopped all around for TVs and purchased LG because I respected the brand. Not anymore. This is pretty piss poor on LG's part, in my opinion. I see the release in December of 2014 that says it is added to their WebOS. . .

"The HBO Go comes standard on the Premium Content menu, which is part of the WebOS interface used on the most recent LG TVs" --  However this is not the case. 

Hey LG -- When are you going to fix this? All of your customers are here waiting on your response to this topic.

Thank you.

• Like 1

The official position from LG support  is that this is controlled by the app developer and they would have to build the app and submit for webOS.  The request would need to be directed at the developer of the app, similar to how app developers submit their apps to iOS and Android. Contacting HBO support and they push back towards LG as having to build the app which is not usually how it goes. The app developer would download the OS SDK and build their app. If LG doesn't pre-install the  app, it needs to be submitted to the app store.

So in a nutshell, if you want an app, contact the app developer/company to build it.  However, I'm sure there are many others who are asking for this and it wouldn't hurt to contact HBO 

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

On 27/07/2017 at 2:39 PM, Alex said:

The official position from LG support  is that this is controlled by the app developer and they would have to build the app and submit for webOS.  The request would need to be directed at the developer of the app, similar to how app developers submit their apps to iOS and Android. Contacting HBO support and they push back towards LG as having to build the app which is not usually how it goes. The app developer would download the OS SDK and build their app. If LG doesn't pre-install the  app, it needs to be submitted to the app store.

So in a nutshell, if you want an app, contact the app developer/company to build it.  However, I'm sure there are many others who are asking for this and it wouldn't hurt to contact HBO 

link hidden, please login to view

That's true, however, LG could vastly speed things up by officially contacting HBO and ask them to work on their WebOS app.

I have already contacted HBO and it wouldn't hurt if you at LG can do the same as well... thanks.

31 minutes ago, StagLifeSL said:

That's true, however, LG could vastly speed things up by officially contacting HBO and ask them to work on their WebOS app.

I have already contacted HBO and it wouldn't hurt if you at LG can do the same as well... thanks.

You do understand that we are not LG and this website is only a user to user support forum for lg webos and legacy webos products? I do agree that LG should contact HBO.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bgundling
      Anyone else experiencing this? With an app open, if I hit the home button and return to the Home Screen that app relaunches on its own within a few seconds. The two that I have experienced this with so far are Disney+ and LG Channels. I saw a post where users were experiencing this with Sling and had no resolution to the problem. WebOS version number 03.25.11. It is very annoying and makes the experience using WebOS horrible.
    • By Mackey
      I bought a new 77 inch OLED tv a year ago. Ever since then it has randomly reset itself when using apps, (Youtube, Sirius, Netflix, doesn't matter). Basically the tv freezes, closes out the app and goes black as if the power has been cut, and then restarts to HDMI 1 just as it does whenever the TV is first turned on. I have had a technician visit 4 times already and he's replaced the main board, the wifi board, the remote control and the remote sensor. Basically he's replaced everything except the display and the power cord. Of course we've made sure the firmware is up to date and done many hard resets and nothing works.  I'll add one more thing that happened last week for the first time, but it happened twice so it is definitely not a coincidence. I was watching a movie on Disney Plus and a half second before my phone rang, the movie stopped like before, but this time the app restarted in stead of the entire tv restarting. This exact same thing happened 15 minutes later, a half second before another call came in so it was not a coincidence. My phone is android with Verizon fwiw, but of course I get calls all of the time and this only happened this one day. Since almost everything has been replaced I had already been thinking that some kind of electromagnetic interference may be at issue, but this is not my specialty. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By Brodomski
      Current version of webOS on 55” C1 OLED only allows HDMI1-4 or “Streaming Live TV & Content” to be used as the default input source. Why no apps like YouTube or Hulu?  If “Streaming Live TV & Content” option is selected as default input, a prompt to select a service is displayed and the only option is SlingTV. Why?  Sling is not the only streaming option. Many of the TV apps stream TV and content, why are they not available options?  Apps need to be available options for default input.