Quantcast

Showtime and Starz Apps Just Twirl - Won’t Play

cyberbiker

Question

Sometimes the Showtime and the Starz apps. will not play videos. The little loading icon just twirls. A couple days later they might work fine.  I have tried signing out, deleting the app, reloading it from the LG Store, then signing back in, but it doesn’t solve the problem. Broadband speed tests are above 110 MB. 

Because it happens with both apps, it seems it could be some sort of an LG handshake or verification problem.

Casting Showtime and Starz movies to my LG 43UM6910PUA 4K UHD TV from the corresponding app on my iPhone works fine  but it ties up the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

1 answer to this question

To fix the ‘stuck loading video’ problem on LG TVs for premium apps, do the following:

1.  Go to Settings>All Settings>General>Location>LG Services Country.

2.  Select a country other than the one you are actually in.

3.  Let the TV reboot automatically, then go back to Settings>All Settings>General>Location>LG Services Country.

4.  Reselect your actual country and let the TV reboot automatically.

You will have solved the problem until the next update of LGwebOS or a premium channel app. Given that there are LG owners complaining about the problem all over the Internet, i don’t know why it is not addressed by LG in Troubleshooting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.