Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ss332

LG Sound sync compatible headsets

Question

Hi, 

I've just bough LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset with the hope that I can connect it to my LG TV LB650V via LG Sound Sync (wireless).

However the TV does not recognise the bluetooth headset and doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

Can anyone confirm of please let me know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Optimus

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

I have a Hearphone original hbs730, the TV recognizes it, you have to enter the menu and select wireless audio, search, device. you have to press the little button with the circle in headphones on and the TV recognizes.
a problem however is that if you set the headset as a source of sound, when you turn off the l 'audio will automatically switch to the internal speakers, and if it's at night makes a big mess.
other thing is that if you put a headphone that they have not put on the list, all 5 Hearphone bluetooth, even if the others do not have the same characteristics listed in the TV does not recognize them, have obviously put a filter in it firmware .... improperly ....

Reply from LG:

We appreciate your interest in this television. To check compatibility with Bluetooth Headsets, review the SOUND menu for the SOUND OUT option. If your model has the LG SOUND SYNC option available, then certain LG Bluetooth Headsets should be compatible. These models are as follows: LG BTS1, LG HBS-700, LG HBS-730 and LG HBS-800. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of any other Bluetooth Headset

• Like 1

The consumer-test mentioned the fact that a Blue Tooth headset was necessary, but not that it should be one of these four from LG.

I first bought another Blue Tooth headset that did not work.

LG gave me by telephone the above advice, so I bought another headset from this LG collection: an LG HBS-800, for the sound sync connection with my LG TV :  55EG9A7V .

My telephone and my Tablet are easily paired and connected, but not My LG TV.  The TV keeps searching and does not recognize my LG HBS-800 telephone. How can this problem be solved?

Loek Drenth

• Like 1

As mentioned in the OP i was having a similar issue with my HBS-730 but it turned out I wasn't doing the steps correctly. 

You'll need to put your headset in discovery mode (by pressing the small round button on one of the arms) and then go into your TV wireless sound menu (sorry don't 'have the TV right now in front of me to give you the exact navigation path) and let your TV search for nearby compatible BT devices..

It should hopefully appear in your list...

let me know how it goes.....

Thank you for your reaction.

I did everything exactly like you did, but the LG  HBS-800 in pairing mode was not found.

The TV does not recognize the LG  HBS-800 blue tooth headset and it doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

It is not simple to get these compatible LG headsets, I was happy to find this LG HBS-800, but now I still have this new TV set without a headphone connection. I already bought two blue tooth headsets without success.

Maybe someone has another idea?

I can totally understand the frustration in your case. can you check the following - 

1) Are you able to connect your headset to other sources (phone, laptops etc) ?

2) Is your TV in the discovery mode and visible in the list of nearby devices on your phone/laptop ?

Thank you ss332 for your analytical approach! Sorry for the delayed answers,

Answer 1:  Yes, all my Bluetooth headsets, including the LG HBS-800, are easily paired and connected to my Samsung S4 phone and to my Asus Nexus tablet.

Answer 2: My LG TV was in the discovery mode not visible for my phone and tablet. The Samsung TV of my neighbor was visible and also his printer.

This result brings me to the idea that there is probably no Bluetooth signal at all coming from my LG TV!

I downloaded the LG Wireless Sound Sync manual pages and found:

Manual 1: Check whether LG HBS / LG BTS1 is used in the name of the headphone.

My LG HBS-800 headphone is visible on my Tablet as HBS-800, without the name LG, but I suppose that the filter uses HBS-800.

Manual 2: For some models you need to connect a Bluetooth-dongle to use LG Sound Sync !! ( Accessory of the TV or separately sold.)

Question: I would like to know which Bluetooth specification  or which Bluetooth dongle model  I need ?

I've been able to connect an LG-HBS910 and a Jabra Move without any issues so far. Will try other bluetooth devices.

Edit: I've also been able to pair a Shure BT1. It seems any bluetooth headset/earphones are pairable.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the successful experiences with your smartphones. It might depend on the Web-OsS TV software version on the TVset.

My WebOS TV version is 2.2.0-158 (beehive-biscayne). I cannot choose a headset but only a speaker bar for the Soundsync connection menu on my TV.

A parallel channel with a  separate Bluetooth-USB dongle from LG is not compatible with my TV according to the LG-E service center.

The HBS-800 headset is not Soundsync compatible  according to the same service center for LGE benelux, although in an earllier LG-message it should be compatible.

I still want a Bluetooth-connection from my TV-set to my Headset, but it is not possible yet.

Maybe a software update would be the solution? And it could be the explanation that the problems are solved in newer software.

Thanks Digidog and George,

Loek

On 12/31/2014 at 1:26 AM, ss332 said:

Hi, 

I've just bough LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset with the hope that I can connect it to my LG TV LB650V via LG Sound Sync (wireless).

However the TV does not recognise the bluetooth headset and doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

Can anyone confirm of please let me know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Optimus

I have the same problem t tried 3 bluetooth devices all of which work perfectly with multiple devices (apple) but non will sync with this "smart sync"system.  Frustrating  Latest headphones are Bluetooth version 4.1 with profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP.  any way to connect to this system please?

1 hour ago, Christopher Dean said:

I have the same problem t tried 3 bluetooth devices all of which work perfectly with multiple devices (apple) but non will sync with this "smart sync"system.  Frustrating  Latest headphones are Bluetooth version 4.1 with profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP.  any way to connect to this system please?

Which model of TV do you have Christopher?