Quantcast

LG Sound sync compatible headsets

ss332

Question

Hi, 

I've just bough LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset with the hope that I can connect it to my LG TV LB650V via LG Sound Sync (wireless).

However the TV does not recognise the bluetooth headset and doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

Can anyone confirm of please let me know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Optimus

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

I have a Hearphone original hbs730, the TV recognizes it, you have to enter the menu and select wireless audio, search, device. you have to press the little button with the circle in headphones on and the TV recognizes.
a problem however is that if you set the headset as a source of sound, when you turn off the l 'audio will automatically switch to the internal speakers, and if it's at night makes a big mess.
other thing is that if you put a headphone that they have not put on the list, all 5 Hearphone bluetooth, even if the others do not have the same characteristics listed in the TV does not recognize them, have obviously put a filter in it firmware .... improperly ....

Reply from LG:

We appreciate your interest in this television. To check compatibility with Bluetooth Headsets, review the SOUND menu for the SOUND OUT option. If your model has the LG SOUND SYNC option available, then certain LG Bluetooth Headsets should be compatible. These models are as follows: LG BTS1, LG HBS-700, LG HBS-730 and LG HBS-800. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of any other Bluetooth Headset

• Like 1

The consumer-test mentioned the fact that a Blue Tooth headset was necessary, but not that it should be one of these four from LG.

I first bought another Blue Tooth headset that did not work.

LG gave me by telephone the above advice, so I bought another headset from this LG collection: an LG HBS-800, for the sound sync connection with my LG TV :  55EG9A7V .

My telephone and my Tablet are easily paired and connected, but not My LG TV.  The TV keeps searching and does not recognize my LG HBS-800 telephone. How can this problem be solved?

Loek Drenth

• Like 1

As mentioned in the OP i was having a similar issue with my HBS-730 but it turned out I wasn't doing the steps correctly. 

You'll need to put your headset in discovery mode (by pressing the small round button on one of the arms) and then go into your TV wireless sound menu (sorry don't 'have the TV right now in front of me to give you the exact navigation path) and let your TV search for nearby compatible BT devices..

It should hopefully appear in your list...

let me know how it goes.....

Thank you for your reaction.

I did everything exactly like you did, but the LG  HBS-800 in pairing mode was not found.

The TV does not recognize the LG  HBS-800 blue tooth headset and it doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

It is not simple to get these compatible LG headsets, I was happy to find this LG HBS-800, but now I still have this new TV set without a headphone connection. I already bought two blue tooth headsets without success.

Maybe someone has another idea?

I can totally understand the frustration in your case. can you check the following - 

1) Are you able to connect your headset to other sources (phone, laptops etc) ?

2) Is your TV in the discovery mode and visible in the list of nearby devices on your phone/laptop ?

Thank you ss332 for your analytical approach! Sorry for the delayed answers,

Answer 1:  Yes, all my Bluetooth headsets, including the LG HBS-800, are easily paired and connected to my Samsung S4 phone and to my Asus Nexus tablet.

Answer 2: My LG TV was in the discovery mode not visible for my phone and tablet. The Samsung TV of my neighbor was visible and also his printer.

This result brings me to the idea that there is probably no Bluetooth signal at all coming from my LG TV!

I downloaded the LG Wireless Sound Sync manual pages and found:

Manual 1: Check whether LG HBS / LG BTS1 is used in the name of the headphone.

My LG HBS-800 headphone is visible on my Tablet as HBS-800, without the name LG, but I suppose that the filter uses HBS-800.

Manual 2: For some models you need to connect a Bluetooth-dongle to use LG Sound Sync !! ( Accessory of the TV or separately sold.)

Question: I would like to know which Bluetooth specification  or which Bluetooth dongle model  I need ?

Thank you for the successful experiences with your smartphones. It might depend on the Web-OsS TV software version on the TVset.

My WebOS TV version is 2.2.0-158 (beehive-biscayne). I cannot choose a headset but only a speaker bar for the Soundsync connection menu on my TV.

A parallel channel with a  separate Bluetooth-USB dongle from LG is not compatible with my TV according to the LG-E service center.

The HBS-800 headset is not Soundsync compatible  according to the same service center for LGE benelux, although in an earllier LG-message it should be compatible.

I still want a Bluetooth-connection from my TV-set to my Headset, but it is not possible yet.

Maybe a software update would be the solution? And it could be the explanation that the problems are solved in newer software.

Thanks Digidog and George,

Loek

On 12/31/2014 at 1:26 AM, ss332 said:

Hi, 

I've just bough LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset with the hope that I can connect it to my LG TV LB650V via LG Sound Sync (wireless).

However the TV does not recognise the bluetooth headset and doesn't show up in the list of available devices.

Can anyone confirm of please let me know if this is possible ?

Thanks,

Optimus

I have the same problem t tried 3 bluetooth devices all of which work perfectly with multiple devices (apple) but non will sync with this "smart sync"system.  Frustrating  Latest headphones are Bluetooth version 4.1 with profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP.  any way to connect to this system please?

1 hour ago, Christopher Dean said:

I have the same problem t tried 3 bluetooth devices all of which work perfectly with multiple devices (apple) but non will sync with this "smart sync"system.  Frustrating  Latest headphones are Bluetooth version 4.1 with profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP.  any way to connect to this system please?

Which model of TV do you have Christopher?

Hi there to all.

I am also facing the same problem with my LG TV Model - 42LB6520-TB, WebOS version - 1.4.0-2529 which is the latest. None of the headphones are working with this TV. Is there any other way we can connect wireless headphones with the TV such as using Google Chromecast or Bluetooth transmitter etc...?

Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By News Reporter
      In this segment of On the Job, we take a look at the development of 6G technology, its challenges and its promises.
      Estimated to be 50 times faster than 5G, 6G is expected to transform the communication spectrum. But isn’t this what the industry predicted for 5G? How much of this is true and how much of this is just wishful? With the help of someone in the know, let’s take a look at what 6G promises for the future.

Recently, LG a breakthrough in 6th generation mobile telecommunication development by successfully demonstrating the transmission and reception of wireless 6G THz data over 100 meters in an outdoor setting. 6G uses terahertz frequencies which refer to the spectrum between 0.1 to 10 THz electromagnetic wave with wavelengths of 30 to 3000 micrometers. THz signals are very sensitive to shadows which significantly impact coverage. Furthermore, lower frequency terahertz experiences larger free space fading. While only a test, the LG demonstration was a meaningful achievement and milestone in the evolution of 6G.

According to Dr. Lee Ki-dong, principal research engineer at LG Electronics, 6G technology will play a key role for promising future industries including autonomous vehicles, AI robots and virtual and augmented reality-based technologies. As a leader in 6G development, Dr. Lee has more than two decades of experience in the research and standardization of wireless communication systems and is an expert in C-V2X (Cellular Vehicle to Everything), a key technology for autonomous vehicles and service robots that connect to networks. Earlier this year, Dr. Lee was elected chairperson of the Applications Working Group of the Next G Alliance, an initiative of the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS) to advance the development and standardization of 6G.

LG is in a unique position to establish global leadership in 6G, with a world-class portfolio and experience in 5G, where it ranked second globally as of June with more than 4,000 5G standard essential patents, according to German patent research firm IPlytics. For LG, 6G is a key component of its focus on mobility, autonomous vehicles and cloud-based service robots. A pioneer in C-V2X innovations, LG has been an industry leader in the fast-growing telematics market for nearly a decade and is leading the way in establishing global standards for this technology.

Dr. Lee envisions a new era of fully autonomous ground and aerial vehicles at the end of this decade, potentially paving the way for wider commercialization of AI service robots as a solution to the imbalance of resource allocation. Healthcare delivery, for example, is expected to reach a critical point with demand for workers expected to far exceed supply. Remote or local medical robotics service utilizing networked robots could improve the quality of healthcare delivery and help save lives.

With aging populations in many countries, the old-age dependency ratio (OADR) is expected to rise significantly in the next three decades. According to the UN’s , OADRs were highest in Europe and North America with 30 persons aged 65 or older per 100 persons aged 20-64 years and projected to reach 49 elderly per 100 under 65 years of age in 2050. In this scenario, service robots can play a key role in our future society that requires more labor resources to support the aging population.

“What self-driving cars and remote surgery have in common is the need for connectivity that 5G cannot readily support but which ultra-responsive and extremely low-latency 6G can. But while the technology will be ready, it’s also critically important for governments to be on board as well and that requires the right regulations which is why LG’s involvement in Next G Alliance is so important.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By Stacy_g
      I have a LG TV model 55EG9A7T and I have been trying to connect my sennheiser bluetooth headphones using the wireless sound sync for the longest time but it is not able to find the device under available devices.
      I tried to call in LG tech support - but no one seems sure whether only LG brand headphones are supported. 
      Does anyone know if only LG headphones are supported?

• By News Reporter
      Omnidirectional, High Quality Sound and Refined Design Make LG’s
      Newest Versatile XBOOM Speaker Perfect for Both Indoor and Outdoor Use

SEOUL, Sep. 7, 2021 — The new LG XBOOM 360 speaker (model RP4) from LG Electronics (LG) features a conical-cylindrical design and delivers authentic, omnidirectional audio that is perfect for any space or occasion. Pleasing to the eye, the speaker’s unique form factor enables LG XBOOM 360 to radiate sound in all directions for a lifelike performance with impressive power and clarity. Ideal for today’s lifestyle focused on small social gatherings, this stylish speaker will make its debut in key markets starting this month.
      The attractive conical-cylindrical shape of LG XBOOM 360 isn’t just pleasing to the eye, its function is to accommodate the distortion-free reflector structure of the speaker. Typically only found in high-end audio products, the reflector structure of the tweeter and woofer is designed to deliver 360-degree sound with minimal distortion. So whether indoors or out, XBOOM 360 envelops listeners in rich, detailed audio, bringing a sense of three-dimensional vitality to every genre of music.
      The premium build quality of the tweeter and woofer also helps to create a convincing and exceptionally well-balanced soundstage. The tweeter’s titanium diaphragm creates a linear frequency for superb performance and accurate reproduction across the high frequency range. Moreover, the speaker’s durable glass fiber woofer generates dynamic bass with a clear, natural mid-range response. The combination of powerful drivers and robust 120W output enables LG XBOOM 360 to turn any room or space into a listening sweet spot.
      LG’s newest wireless speaker is designed to provide versatility and the multisensory experience today’s consumers demand. LG XBOOM 360 can create the right atmosphere for any occasion thanks to 360-degree mood lighting with three different presets – Ambient, Nature and Party – as well as a range of customizable lighting options and sound effects when used with the companion app. In the app, users will also find the crowd pleasing DJ Effect feature which allows for the mixing of multiple samples as well as scratching and other sounds effects. The speaker offers 10 hours of listening enjoyment on a single charge, includes a built-in metal handle for easy mobility, and has a chic, highly-durable fabric cover (available in Beige, Burgundy, Charcoal Black and Peacock Green) that brings instant warmth and style to any setting.1
      Most importantly, XBOOM 360 demonstrates LG’s continuing commitment to reducing its impact on the environment. Fabricated partially from recycled plastic and other post-consumer materials, the eco-conscious speaker has received Eco-Product certification from SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA of Switzerland, Environmental Claim Validation from Underwriters Laboratories and Global Recycled Standard recognition from Control Union Certifications.2
      Specifications:
      Design & Colors Size 250 x 514 x 250mm (W x H x D) Power    120W RMS (when connected to power source) Speaker  Authentic Omnidirectional Sound
      Glass Fiber Woofer 5.25-inch x 1
      Titanium Horn Tweeter 1.0-inch x 1 Other Features  Mood Lighting (Ambient / Nature / Party)
      DJ Effect (app required)
      Wireless Party Link (two speakers connected wirelessly)
      Portability Up to 10 hours battery life (29Wh) between charges
      Carrying Handle Connectivity Bluetooth / USB 2.0 / Aux # # #
      1 Color options and availability vary by market.
      2 SGS Eco-Product certification is based on four major environmental criteria covering resource efficiency, usage of hazardous substances, energy savings and recyclability measured over a product’s lifespan. UL’s Environmental Claim Validation requires the eco-conscious attributes of a product match the claims made by the manufacturer. Model RP4 contains recycled post-consumer polyester.

link hidden, please login to view