Quantcast

Questions

toiday

Question

Just got a new 49UB8500 and I have a few questions.

• I was able to program the remote to work with my DirecTV set top box.  But when I send audio out to my stereo via Optical, can I program my Magic Remote to control the volume on my stereo?
  • When changing audio output, I have to click on Home -> Settings -> Sound -> Sound out -> select.  Is there a quicker way?
  • When click Home, there are so many items in the bottom of the screen:  Today, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu.....  Is there a way to hide the ones I don't have?
  • Does this TV work with Bluetooth headphones?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

1. No. Only through HDMI.

2. No. You can press virtual remote and go tonsettings from there but is the same thing.

3. Yes. Move the apps you use in front of the ones you don't. Or delete the ones you do not use. To delete , highlight the tile and press the the x above.

4. Not yet. I cold not test but on other forums there were reports that there is no BT Headphone pairing option.

4. Not yet. I cold not test but on other forums there were reports that there is no BT Headphone pairing option.

I found a section from online helps where it show the TV does support BT Headset under Home -> Sound -> Sound Out -> LG Sound Sync (Wireless).  There you supposes to be able to pair up with BT headsets.  However, the ones lists by LG are only the LG BT headsets.  I tried with my LogiTech BT headsets but it couldn't pair up.  This is really suck because it only works with LG headsets.

Just got a new 49UB8500 and I have a few questions.

• I was able to program the remote to work with my DirecTV set top box. But when I send audio out to my stereo via Optical, can I program my Magic Remote to control the volume on my stereo?
  • When changing audio output, I have to click on Home -> Settings -> Sound -> Sound out -> select. Is there a quicker way?
  • When click Home, there are so many items in the bottom of the screen: Today, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu..... Is there a way to hide the ones I don't have?
  • Does this TV work with Bluetooth headphones?
I don't think bluetooth headphones are supported for other products other than lg .

I'm specifically buying lg hbs 730 tone plus for this reason

Guess my TV ain't smart for not able to connect with headphones with basic bluetooth protocols.

:mellow::unsure:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      In this segment of On the Job, we take a look at the experts behind LG’s robotics team who are working on the next big idea to help make people’s lives and jobs safer and easier.

Dr. Baek Seung-min
      The pandemic has brought a new urgency to finding solutions to handle tasks that normally require human-to-human contact. In fact, the is reporting that sales of autonomous service robots in the logistics sector will increase by 30 percent annually from 2020 to 2023. To accelerate advanced research into service robots and boost LG’s competitiveness in related technologies, LG established the LG Boston Robotics Lab in United States last year.

LG’s family of including GuideBot, ServeBot, ChefBot and UV robot are ideal for providing a safer environment through contactless service in public spaces such as shopping malls, restaurants and hotels. Consumers who might normally be hesitant to interact with another human are more comfortable receiving help from a robot that doesn’t breathe.

When developing robots, one of LG’s key goals is to develop a product that can make life easier for consumers. “Service robots can help humans handle difficult, arduous tasks, freeing up consumers’ time to focus on more valuable tasks that matter and bringing increased convenience and comfort into our lives,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min, head of the Advanced Robotics Lab at LG Electronics.

To respond to the domestic growth of home shopping, LG developed and unveiled an indoor-outdoor service delivery robot at the in Korea. LG’s four-wheeled indoor-outdoor delivery robot boasts enhanced mobility, adapting to various types of terrain by automatically adjusting the distance between its wheels and driving modes for optimal performance, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.

The challenges in developing a service robot for commercialization in diverse environments are vast.  For example, to move reliably at high speeds in real-life settings on all types of surfaces while avoiding various obstacles is no easy task. Curbs, for example, might be a minor inconvenience to people but can be quite difficult to overcome for a wheeled robot. Engineers conducted real-world tests with different variables from adjusting tire air pressure to changing thread patterns on the front and rear wheels, among others. Omni-wheels provided the best performance on both indoor and outdoor surfaces, enabling the robot to move both forward and backward as well as side to side.

“We expect to test-operate the delivery robot by the end of the year,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min. “When it reaches the stage of commercialization, we expect the robot to open the next chapter of logistics innovation.”

Akin to how computers and automobiles were implemented in industry and commerce before they made their way to consumers, service robots are following a similar path. Already widely found in industries, service robots are now entering the commercial phase. When consumers will be able to purchase a delivery robot of their own is still unknown but if LG has anything to say about it, it won’t be too far away.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Jkw
      When I navigate to a website that streams  audio content, e.g. knkx.org, the audio stream is not played. Have tried several such sites and encountered the same lack of audio. All other audio is played normally. 

Is there a setting I must select? 
    • By majorol
      I have an LG 55UN74003LB smart TV running webOS 5.2.3-252113 with firmware version 3.23.45 and there is a pretty oldschool Samsung HT-DS400 5.1 home cinema system via opticla cable.
      Audio cutting in and out constantly when I am playing media that is utilizing the WebOS (e.g.: TV's Youtube app, Netflix, screenshare from mobile, playback from USB attached external drive).
      The sound is however flawless when I am using my PS4 or media-box that are connected via HDMI to the TV.
      I tried all the possible combinations of the digital sound output (auto, PCM , passthrough) and the format of the audio (MPEG, Dolby Digital/Plus, auto, HE-AAC) with no luck.
      Furthermore I purchased a Panasonic HDMI ARC exteactor and diverted TV audio to HDMI ARC port but the outcome was the same:
      Flawless audio from mediabox and PS4 and cutting in/out when using TV for playback.

This leads me to beleive that cabling and my Samsung 5.1 sound system could not be the issue, 
      but there might be something wrong with the TV... possibly firmware issue or something.
      Has anyone faced the same, and if so, does a relatively easy fix exists?