Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

bule24

Firmware updates

Question

30 answers to this question

Hello all, can you give more details about this fw version 4.99.99?

In my country the latest available version for my TV (LB731V) is 3.23.24.

Is this an "unofficial" release?

I clicked General>About>check for update

the popup said NSU available v4.99.99.

I haven't noticed anything different.

There aren't any unofficial builds that I am aware of.

after updating I find that everything is much slower, ie. switching between different sources. Especially with youtube, I can barely scroll through the categories and type in a word in the search string. anyone else?

49UB8500, HK

i havent noticed anything new.

heres a screen shot of the latest version side by side with the previous

YWivVnW.png

but still cant find this version... stoney05?

May be 4.99.99 is Joke Version??

If version 4.99.99 is a joke, it's preventing me from updating. :/

I tried to install the spotify app. it says "Software Update is Required to use this App, Do you want to update", I click Yes, and it says "unable to update software "

What is the current version you guys have?

Yes, you're right about that. As an opportunity remains, call the maintenance of LG.
Enforced return of the old firmware, needs to know the risks of brick device or void the warranty.

Version 4.30.09 here in Spain. WebOs 1.3.0-3209(afro-arches) model 42LB731V-ZE

OTA update pushed after 2-3 hrs of use last week, previous software unknown.

Very slow menus, loading different device conections and 1 out of memory error on the first day. Hope the next version is a vast improvement. ;).

In general I like the picture and general quality of the TV.

Edit. updated to version 04.30.16 webos 1.3.0-3216 on 1/10/2014

Edit. updated to version 04.32.20 webos 1.3.1-3220 on 31/10/2014

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

By majorusa, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1,357 replies
    • No Updates - Why should I recommend or buy a TV from LG?

I was hoping to receive updates for the Shitty WebOS from LG (for TV Model 43UJ752T ) for the past 6 months..

But Still the WebOS version is 3.7.0 

As per wikipedia the latest LG WebOS version is 04.70.85 (TV)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebOS

I dont understand why my TV model is not receiving updates

By Deepak Suresh, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 14 replies
    • How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found here.  

By SIMON, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 270 replies
    • Question: 65EF9500 no longer updates

Hello, Our TV no longer appears to update. I am on update 04.25.70 on this  65EF9500 TV, but my other slightly newer LG (UJ7700) is updated to 04.71.00. Contacting LG by email didn’t help at all.  Any suggestions? thanks in advance. marisa 

By swissmoon, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 4 answers
    • LG webOS Firmware Update

UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE   The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home. Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.     HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE? Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month. HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES? Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates. Use this diagram if you need help getting set up: ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING: Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 3 replies