Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Better subtitle handling (parsing the <i>...</i> and <b>...</b> tags)

subtitles tags parsing italic bold

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chupo_cro

chupo_cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted November 01, 2014 - 11:56 AM

Many subtitle files use the italic and bold tags to distinguish the translation of written text, character's thoughts, movie title, loud voice, ... However webOS doesn't support parsing of these tags and it just shows them on the screen as:

<i>This text is italic.</i>
<b>This text is bold.</b>

The workaround is to Find/Replace all occurrences of <i>, </i>, <b> and </b> with 'nothing' but, of course, that removes the subtitle formatting :-/

I hope the <i> and <b> tag parsing wil be implemented in the future firmware releases. In the meantime at least ignoring of these tags would be fine - so everything inside '<' and '>' would be ignored (including the brackets, of course).

#2 froidy

froidy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 01:09 PM

Not corrected it yet? Most of my subtitles have this problem =(

#3 chupo_cro

chupo_cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted December 09, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Not corrected it yet? Most of my subtitles have this problem =(

I've here:

http://www.lgwebos.c...tles/#entry2715

given a possible workaround so you can use this solution until they fix the SW.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitles, tags, parsing, italic, bold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users