Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

chupo_cro

Better subtitle handling/options (saving Code Page&transparent background)

5 posts in this topic

I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.

And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Hello, chupo_cro. Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

Best regards,

Milan

1 person likes this

Hello, chupo_cro. Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

Best regards,

Milan

So the Code Page choice saving has already been solved? Nice to hear :-) I have disabled automatic SW updates because I wanted to first read the changelog and wait to see the user reports but couldn't find any changelogs :-/ So I am still using firmware 03.23.13 shipped with the TV. I can see the latest firmware is 4.30.16 - can you confirm this FW didn't introduce some new bugs? For example, with 03.23.13 web browser often suddenly just restarts.

Do you maybe know if SW update can mess up some settings (e.g. calibration settings)?

Thank you for your reply

Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

You were right - after updating the firmware to 04.30.16 the Code Page option remembers the (last used) state. I've also noticed new icon design, sooner disappearing notifications after inserting/removing the USB stick, more info in the About menu (MAC addresses), faster responding menus/options and faster previewing contents of the removable drives.

Unfortunately web browser still sometimes restarts when browsing the pages. However, it now restarts with 'Out of memory' error code (before there wasn't any error reports).

I hope the transparent subtitle background and subtitle outline options will be implemented in the near future.

And there is one more thing about the subtitle handling - I believe it's so important it deserves a separate thread so I am going to open a new topic...

I would like to point that all my video files have "apost;" text everywhere in between , would like to get rid of that in future updates firmware.