Quantcast

Opaque box for subtitles

dzoole

The LG Media Player is quite basic in its handling of subtitles
often displaying control data text such as <font color="#ffff00ff"> instead of acting on it

I deal with this by running the file through Subtitle Edit on my PC before
plugging  the hdd into the TV.  It can handle embedded and external subtitles

At the same time I can correct some typical spelling mistake like ancl instead of and
The AI programmes that generate the subtitle leave quite a bit to be desired

I used to watch like that with hdd plugged, now I use LG smart share. The LG player on my TV is not so simple. There is choices for color, size, encodings, external and internal subs, synchronization,  but opaque box is what is missing. When there are bright scenes you can't read the subs properly. I think they could add choice for transparency of the opaque box.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 9:58 AM, AmuLulu said:

The LG Media Player is quite basic in its handling of subtitles
often displaying control data text such as <font color="#ffff00ff"> instead of acting on it

I deal with this by running the file through Subtitle Edit on my PC before
plugging  the hdd into the TV.  It can handle embedded and external subtitles

At the same time I can correct some typical spelling mistake like ancl instead of and
The AI programmes that generate the subtitle leave quite a bit to be desired

And also .ass tags in .srt files for positions are not handled, instead we see the tags like this {an/8} and the three dpts (...) are on top instead of bottom of the line.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Please add outline, outline size and outline color (black and white). And add black font as well.

I have a LGC2 TV. I can barely see the subtitles even though I had changed the subtitle color.

Please add this asap. Thanks!

If you are plugging a USB directly into to TV. the internal Media Player ignores all colour information
However on my Nano90 TV subtitles are displayed correctly and readably

Otherwise you may need to buy an external Android box to play the videos then
the full formatting options will be available

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.